I guess Rose didn't recruit Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I don't really understand what you are saying...but I will say this, paying Melo 130mil over 5 years and he is 30 years old now sets NY up for serious mediocrity.

blame Dolan

because i dont think Phil really wants Melo back...he def didn't want to give him a max deal

if NY had a reasonable owner Melo would be in the process of being S&T'd to Chicago

it makes sense for both parties to part ways for basketball reasons but i cant blame Melo he takes the money and runs

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
ESPN and New York are like Peanut Butter & Jelly while ESPN and Chicago are like Peanut Butter & Mustard.

Which is why a vast majority of ESPN analysts stated that Melo would be best suited to go to Chicago?

Celks

Liked Posts:
Which is why a vast majority of ESPN analysts stated that Melo would be best suited to go to Chicago?

ESPN has offices in NY, which is why a lot of ESPN NY analysts have stated Melo will be back in New York and its not looking good for the Bulls. They are very biased, especially when it comes to Chicago.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What I don't get is the sudden onslaught of things saying that it's not looking good for Chicago and that Rose had no idea that Melo was in town. It conflicts with everything reported before. Whether ESPN is being biased or not, something doesn't seem quite right.

Celks

Liked Posts:
What I don't get is the sudden onslaught of things saying that it's not looking good for Chicago and that Rose had no idea that Melo was in town. It conflicts with everything reported before. Whether ESPN is being biased or not, something doesn't seem quite right.

There could be plenty of different reasons for this happening and we might not ever know. But I am hoping that "news" was put out there because NY is nervous Melo is going to come to CHI. So now they employ all this BS information which could alter Melos decision of coming to Chicago....A Bulls fan can dream right?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
ESPN has offices in NY, which is why a lot of ESPN NY analysts have stated Melo will be back in New York and its not looking good for the Bulls. They are very biased, especially when it comes to Chicago.

Where ESPN's offices are has nothing to do with business. The idea that ESPN influences Melo's decision is far-fetched. If Melo goes back to NY, which I believe he will, it will be because of money...period. "ESPN vs. Chicago" isn't a worthy conspiracy theory to even consider.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There could be plenty of different reasons for this happening and we might not ever know. But I am hoping that "news" was put out there because NY is nervous Melo is going to come to CHI. So now they employ all this BS information which could alter Melos decision of coming to Chicago....A Bulls fan can dream right?
I wouldn't be surprised if Melo stayed in NY, that's not really the issue. It's all the stuff about Chicago somehow just screwing up the meeting with Melo. Things like Rose had no idea Melo was there and Melo didn't like the number that was put out there (when supposedly no number was discussed). It's just inconsistent and makes me think there's definitely some sort of "sabotage" effort by the media to try to somehow smokescreen Melo into resigning with NY.

It's very possible that Melo just wants the money and was going to resign with NY the whole time, but it just doesn't seem to line up with how everything was reported up until a day or so ago.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised if Melo stayed in NY, that's not really the issue. It's all the stuff about Chicago somehow just screwing up the meeting with Melo. Things like Rose had no idea Melo was there and Melo didn't like the number that was put out there (when supposedly no number was discussed). It's just inconsistent and makes me think there's definitely some sort of "sabotage" effort by the media to try to somehow smokescreen Melo into resigning with NY.

It's very possible that Melo just wants the money and was going to resign with NY the whole time, but it just doesn't seem to line up with how everything was reported up until a day or so ago.

Yes it does...I heard a lot of opinions stating that the Knicks were the favorites to get Melo back. A lot of the media had Chicago as #2 on the list...behind NY.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
lolol @ everyone and this fucking conspiracy.

Guys, $30 million in extra salary and an extra year for a player in his 30s isn't a "conspiracy". It's a business decision. If Melo truly wants a better chance to win, then he leaves NY for either Chicago or Houston. The max other teams outside of NY can offer is certainly nothing to sneeze at, especially from a team in Texas because he won't pay state income tax. But at the end of the day, the way the CBA is setup is that teams have the advantage to keeping their free agents. I honestly think Melo has just wanted to parade around and experience what LeBron experienced back in 2010. Don't get me wrong, I'd still love for him to be a Bull, but I just don't see him giving up that extra money.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Celks

Liked Posts:
Where ESPN's offices are has nothing to do with business. The idea that ESPN influences Melo's decision is far-fetched. If Melo goes back to NY, which I believe he will, it will be because of money...period. "ESPN vs. Chicago" isn't a worthy conspiracy theory to even consider.

I never said that ESPN is going to influence Melo's decision on where he chooses, where did you come up with that conclusion. All I said it ESPN has offices in NY and they are biased when it comes to Chicago. I think his family has a more important role on where he goes then money. Melo would still earn a ton of money in Chicago with his salary + endorsements.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes it does...I heard a lot of opinions stating that the Knicks were the favorites to get Melo back. A lot of the media had Chicago as #2 on the list...behind NY.
Bah...worded that poorly. Definitely said the wrong thing there. NY's money was always the thing that would bring Melo back, and for that reason they were always the favorites. What I meant was that given the reports about Melo's meeting with Chicago, there wasn't anything to suggest that the Bulls had suddenly fallen off the list. Basically, that it was NY or Chicago, which I guess is still the case, but it the tone of reports before was that Chicago had a chance whereas now there's suddenly a bunch of discord within Chicago's recruiting process and Melo left unhappy with their presentation or whatever...that's the stuff that doesn't line up. Basically it went from Chicago vs NY to Chicago never had a chance after the meeting.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Arguably the biggest television personality, ever, did her show in Chicago for 20-some years. Third largest media outlet in the damn country - can we please stop with the espn hates Chicago thing?

Liked Posts:
Arguably the biggest television personality, ever, did her show in Chicago for 20-some years. Third largest media outlet in the damn country - can we please stop with the espn hates Chicago thing?

ESPN is a regional network pretending to be a national network. It also happens to be near the biggest media market in the United States. Even though Chicago is the 3rd biggest market, New York is the biggest. So ESPN is going to resort to whatever self-serving agenda that they feel moves the needle in New York. Again, there's also a regional bias. But a lot of the media in NYC love the drama that comes with having a super star like Carmelo in NYC. Again, it's partly self-serving too.

I think there's something to this but it's not one thing (ie it's not some singular conspiracy) as much as it's a variety of agendas and biases that point to the idea that having a superstar in NYC is better than not having a super star. In addition to the regional bias, it's entirely possible that several higher ups have been Knicks fans and this is some passive aggressive way to pushback from Jordan repeatedly charliebrowning the Knicks in the 90s.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuck Derrick Rose.

Play a fucking game you pansy and stop a walking around like you are an MVP, because Championships last forever MVPs are forgotten.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If any other Chicago athlete pulled the last couple of years on their team that Rose has he would be run out of town.

Jonathan Toews is better that Derrick Rose at his chosen sport, and I do not know who Toews brother is, funny how that works.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Chicago has become a fly over city.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Fuck Derrick Rose.

Play a fucking game you pansy and stop a walking around like you are an MVP, because Championships last forever MVPs are forgotten.
Thanks for your well-thought out contribution to the Bulls board.

If any other Chicago athlete pulled the last couple of years on their team that Rose has he would be run out of town.
What atrocious acts did he "pull" the last couple years?

Two years ago, he didn't return from a career-threatening ACL injury when you wanted him to. Is there something else that I missed?...A murder?...A sexual assault?...Drug and/or alcohol issues?

Jonathan Toews is better that Derrick Rose at his chosen sport, and I do not know who Toews brother is, funny how that works.
CCS does have a Blackhawks board :shrug: .

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

ESPN Pushed Derrick Rose's camp to say he was there by chance, so Melo would to go NY.

Anytime23=@dan_bernstein

I wish.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is great work by Derrick Rose's camp to try and save the image they all want him to have. The prideful, hometown turd on crutches who doesnt want help from anyone whos not one of his guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.