Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...rose-help-chicago-bulls-pitch-carmelo-anthony

It turns out that Derrick Rose was not a part of the Chicago Bulls' pitch to Carmelo Anthony, after all.

Rose, Chicago's star point guard, just happened to be in the middle of his daily workout routine when Bulls officials brought Anthony into the United Center on Tuesday afternoon, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Rose actually was surprised to see Anthony, one source said. He had no idea what time the Knicks' free agent would be visiting the Bulls.

Rose broke up his workout to approach Anthony and said a brief hello, but that was the extent of his participation in the Bulls' recruitment.

Chicago took Anthony through a prepared recruitment presentation for Anthony, and Rose's impression was that teammates Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson were officially part of it, sources said.

But the Bulls' front office never asked Rose to join in.

"Derrick wasn't bothered that he wasn't a part of it," a source said. "He was just kind of shocked, like 'Man, I didn't get the memo.'"

Rose had stated earlier in the week to Yahoo! that he would not be involved in the recruitment of Anthony, so it seemed stunning when reports came out that he did indeed participate in the Bulls' presentation.

But there was no about-face on Rose's part, just perhaps a timely visit with Anthony to the arena set up by Bulls' officials.

"Derrick was just working out, shooting jumpers, going through his normal routine," a source said. "He didn't even know what time Melo was coming."

Rose, who works out daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the United Center, did not attend a Tuesday night dinner the Bulls had with Anthony.

Despite his public stance against recruiting, sources close to Rose said he would have indeed taken part in the Bulls' presentation if he had been asked to by members of the front office.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Wasn't that the speculation on what happened this whole time? Interesting to see it confirmed. Chicago radio guys and fans figured they probably purposely brought Rose in in order for him to "bump into" Melo, without Rose's knowledge, while Rose was doing his regular workout.

"Carmelo, and if you look at our workout facility here---oh, oop, and here's Derrick Rose apparently working out. Had no idea he was going to be here. Hey Derrick! Come say hi!"

czman

Liked Posts:
I suspect Rose is not the brightest guy around, but he didn't notice the banners of Melo and he was living under a rock when the entire sports media was talking about Melo coming.

I have a hard time believing that Rose had no clue Melo was going to be there Tuesday. He may not have known the time, but he did not even know Melo as coming????

Liked Posts:
Wasn't that the speculation on what happened this whole time? Interesting to see it confirmed. Chicago radio guys and fans figured they probably purposely brought Rose in in order for him to "bump into" Melo, without Rose's knowledge, while Rose was doing his regular workout.

"Carmelo, and if you look at our workout facility here---oh, oop, and here's Derrick Rose apparently working out. Had no idea he was going to be here. Hey Derrick! Come say hi!"

I like how he says he won't recruit before but after the fact he says he would have helped recruit.

What a guy.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
More confirmation that the 'ESPN hates Bulls' thread was true.

Do you guys actually believe that Rose didn't know when/where Melo was visiting?

I have faith that posters on this board are smarter than that.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Rose knew about Carmelo coming. Don't know why he would act oblivious to it.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
More confirmation that the 'ESPN hates Bulls' thread was true.

Do you guys actually believe that Rose didn't know when/where Melo was visiting?

I have faith that posters on this board are smarter than that.

Yes. Yes, I do.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Jake #JoakimDPOY @BullsBlog · 10m
Pay no attention to Chris Broussard and his "sources".
Mike McGraw @McGrawDHBulls · 7m
Another bogus story pops up about Bulls/Melo. Like I said, some teams work hard at this.

And then from Sham:

Mark Deeks @MarkDeeksNBA · 10m
@KCJHoop This smacks me as not even a very opaque attempt at sabotage, to be honest.
Mark Deeks @MarkDeeksNBA · 6m
@RPK_ @KCJHoop Whichever person with a vested interest in the Knicks who told Broussard that.

Celks

Liked Posts:
I am sure the homeless men roaming the city of Chicago knew when Melo was coming to visit. So is this source Phil Jackson telling ESPN what to post online?

Liked Posts:
And then from Sham:

It's kind of strange if ESPN is actually attempting sabotage. Carmelo was there first hand. He's in a position to know better. So if he sees this out there, it can easily backfire considering the media in NY isn't always nice to guys like Carmelo. It could actually serve as a reminder about how the NY media is and chase him away.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Broussard? I call BS. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know that Melo was in Chicago on that day. Everyone and their mom knew across the whole country. Utter nonsense.

Celks

Liked Posts:
It's kind of strange if ESPN is actually attempting sabotage. Carmelo was there first hand. He's in a position to know better. So if he sees this out there, it can easily backfire considering the media in NY isn't always nice to guys like Carmelo. It could actually serve as a reminder about how the NY media is and chase him away.

I dont know if Sabotage is the correct word although it works for me haha but it does look like ESPN is doing whatever they can to disown Chicago and make sure Melo lands in NY.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I'm now thoroughly convinced that the Rose-basher below has accounts on this board & realgm:

Dan Bernstein @dan_bernstein · 5m
Rose story is image-control attempt from his camp. He chose to not be part of the recruiting pitch. 1/2
Dan Bernstein @dan_bernstein · 3m
2/2 Do you really think the #Bulls would ask Taj/Noah to help and NOT ask Rose? C'mon.

His username (other than his alternate usernames) on realgm is either DanTown8587 or Fleet (maybe both). I'm unsure of who he is on this site, though.

The tweet above mirrors almost word for word what those usernames posted. The posts came before the tweets. He's been using the message boards as a conduit for "clicks" on his various media outlets.

Very smart to use gullible posters in this manner. Now I know why the Rose-bashing continues.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
I'm now thoroughly convinced that the Rose-basher below has accounts on this board & realgm:

His username (other than his alternate usernames) on realgm is either DanTown8587 or Fleet (maybe both). I'm unsure of who he is on this site, though.

The tweet above mirrors almost word for word what those usernames posted. The posts came before the tweets. He's been using the message boards as a conduit for "clicks" on his various media outlets.

Very smart to use gullible posters in this manner. Now I know why the Rose-bashing continues.

It exists because Rose is piss poor at handling his image. Has nothing to do with a Dan Bernstein conspiracy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
@AlexKennedyNBA: Derrick Rose was surprised to see Carmelo Anthony? Was he the only person in the world who didn't know Bulls were meeting with 'Melo?

@AlexKennedyNBA: As Derrick Rose entered building to work out, he must have missed all of the reporters and the posters of Carmelo Anthony in a Bulls jersey.

@AlexKennedyNBA: As I reported night before Bulls' pitch, Joakim Noah planned to meet Carmelo Anthony and urged Derrick Rose to come. He knew Melo was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.