Let's start projecting what the Cubs will look like in a few years!

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
The plan is in action and I really think we're only ~2 years from serious contention, but what players will be plugged in where?

1B- Rizzo
2B- Alcantara
3B- Baez
SS- Castro
LF- Bryant
CF- Lake
RF- Schwarber

As for pitching, I think Arrieta and Wood will still be here in the starting rotation but I think we will have traded some prospects for a solid ace. Not sure what happens with the bullpen though.

Disagree with me? Agree? Let me know what you guys think!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Trade what specs? ?? You have them all on the roster

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Trade what specs? ?? You have them all on the roster

Well the kid we just got for Shark can be flipped and Olt can be a deal sweetener. I know you guys know a lot more about the farm than I do, so I'm more curious as to what you guys think.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
shiny_poop_by_deliaku-d5l858m.jpg

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Olt is a deal sweetner if he brings millions of cash with him

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
The plan is in action and I really think we're only ~2 years from serious contention, but what players will be plugged in where?

1B- Rizzo
2B- Alcantara
3B- Baez
SS- Castro
LF- Bryant
CF- Lake
RF- Schwarber

As for pitching, I think Arrieta and Wood will still be here in the starting rotation but I think we will have traded some prospects for a solid ace. Not sure what happens with the bullpen though.

Disagree with me? Agree? Let me know what you guys think!

Just to let you know, Lake won't be with the Cubs very long, nor Olt, and the Cubs probably won't miss either one.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
The two just received, Soler, Almora, Johnson, Ramirez, Hendricks, Wada, Beeler, Viscaino, Villanueva, Edwards, the IFA's....The Cubs are a little deeper than you think.

It's funny because I was going to name some of those players and make a similar statement, but I figured maybe I was overrating them because of the way he downplayed the farm with the "all the specs are on your roster" lol. I think we're in a great position for the future! :dunno:

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Just to let you know, Lake won't be with the Cubs very long, nor Olt, and the Cubs probably won't miss either one.

I figured Olt wouldn't be. But what player in our farm can play CF? Or do you think we will go out and sign one?

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Look, I'm just looking for a great conversation, guys. I love projecting things and looking at the future and I know a lot of you know a helluva lot more than me about the farm so I'm curious as to what you guys will think will happen

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I am getting sick and nervous of seeing all this "Castro is going to be traded" shit now. He is a proven all star, young, friendly contract... No reason to trade him and bank on some dudes who haven't proven shit. I am scared to check ESPN in the morning or next few days.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
It's funny because I was going to name some of those players and make a similar statement, but I figured maybe I was overrating them because of the way he downplayed the farm with the "all the specs are on your roster" lol. I think we're in a great position for the future! :dunno:

We will see, but there are now plenty of options to trade out guys. If the Cubs let Baez go for a TOR, they now have a future SS or vice versa. It's a good problem to have, and it's also good that the players behind Baez, Bryant, and Alcantara will be pushing them in every way.

The Cubs have a good wave at AAA Iowa, and now a good one at Daytona. I'd like to see a few more players at AA, but that will come shortly.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I am getting sick and nervous of seeing all this "Castro is going to be traded" shit now. He is a proven all star, young, friendly contract... No reason to trade him and bank on some dudes who haven't proven shit. I am scared to check ESPN in the morning or next few days.

I hope he doesn't get traded! He has shown the ability to bounce back from a bad season and that really excites me!