Let's start projecting what the Cubs will look like in a few years!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
i tend to hope your opinions of what the cubs do is sincere. of all people i would expect you to be against something if you truly felt that way. if the cubs just did the opposite and just spent would you agree with that too? im just curious because if you solely believe in this project i respect that, i just dont respect those who are sheep. it seems like the kool aid drinkers get a free pass but those fans who are having the negative opinions get shunned.

i take it mongo 76 was born in 76 and with me being born in 79 if my dumb ass team the sox didnt win in 05 and they were doing what the cubs are doing id be feeling the same as mongo.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk
If it was just people who are truly convinced in their beliefs than it wouldn't only be posters here that criticize Theo Epstein that get it. Also I agree that it is important to think critically about one's team, but that means being able to change one's opinion when new information becomes available. I thought "parallel fronts" was possible prior to Theo Epstein's takeover, and then the CBA vastly changed. The situation became that not only do the Cubs have a better draft pick each year, but millions more to spend by being terrible as opposed to just mediocre like the Mets (6 million and counting in 3 years).

Also I think you know that I acknowledge that this might not work, but no route of roster development is guaranteed to work. I am excited about the future with the cream of the Cubs prospects all at AA or above now. Add on top of it 50 million in payroll to spend in the offseason this year and this can get better quickly. They can still screw this up, but now the front office has a full deck to play with for the first time. I am anxious to see what they do with it.