Bulls Need to Publicly Pull Out of Melo Chase and Commit to Love

KPBears

Liked Posts:
You have to be kidding, right?

I'm completely serious, and with all due respect, if you disagree with me, you're part of the problem with Chicago sports fans and the media. They like to act like Chicago is fucking Mayberry. Midwest values, everyone keeps quiet, packs their lunchpail, and does their job. That's not what athletes want, and they are guided by media perceptions. They want flash. And Chicago is a world class, flashy city, and it's time it acts like it. Get out of the small town, small minded philosophy. If Melo and ESPN are playing Chicago, then damn right the Bulls should publicly tell them all to piss off, and then do whatever it takes to make the trade for Love happen. Chicago is on a level with NY and LA. Start acting like the city it is, rather than the city it is perceived to be.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I'm completely serious, and with all due respect, if you disagree with me, you're part of the problem with Chicago sports fans and the media. They like to act like Chicago is fucking Mayberry. Midwest values, everyone keeps quiet, packs their lunchpail, and does their job. That's not what athletes want, and they are guided by media perceptions. They want flash. And Chicago is a world class, flashy city, and it's time it acts like it. Get out of the small town, small minded philosophy. If Melo and ESPN are playing Chicago, then damn right the Bulls should publicly tell them all to piss off, and then do whatever it takes to make the trade for Love happen. Chicago is on a level with NY and LA. Start acting like the city it is, rather than the city it is perceived to be.

:clap:

Celks

Liked Posts:

Do you own a professional sports team in Chicago?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I doubt we're getting Melo but who knows, maybe they're secretly working on a S&T.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i admit its doesnt look good because the media is hardly talking about us

however the Bulls org is good at keeping things under wraps so its possible something brewing

but maybe im being overly optimistic

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At this point, it seems unlikely. If Melo chooses NY or LA, then he cares about money and marketability. If he chooses Chicago or Houston, then he cares about being the best position to win a championship. The four cities in question are the four biggest in the United States, so acting like any of them aren't big markets is silly. It just seems that Melo wanted to go through the whole courtship thing and feel wanted. At the end of it, NY can pay him $30 million more then anyone. If I was a betting man, he's either staying in NY or going to the Lakers. Chicago is probably a distant third.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
If Melo chooses NY or LA, then he cares about money and marketability. If he chooses Chicago or Houston, then he cares about being the best position to win a championship. The four cities in question are the four biggest in the United States, so acting like any of them aren't big markets is silly.
This portion of your post is right on the mark. Good stuff.

I disagree with the other portions because I feel he's coming here.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I really do not see your point. Last that I heard Melo has not made a decision on anything. And somehow I do not get that he is playing anyone. He is looking at possible destinations as far as I know. As for Love, do you not think that he will do the exact same thing that Melo is doing? Sure he is under contract for another year but the Bulls are not going to give Minnesota a damn thing without him signing a deal with them.

In my book, the priority for the Bulls should be getting Melo and if they fail that, then look at other things, including Love.

Liked Posts:
I just read that Love was playing basketball in LA with Kobe and Carmelo.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
And offer the NBA equivalent of a Herschel Walker type deal to Minnesota.
It's really hard to take you serious or even finish reading what you have to say when you say something this dumb. :puke:

The vikings gave up players and 3 straight years of 1st and 2nd round picks, NFL 2nd rounders are like non-lottery picks in the NBA. Basically you are saying give up players and 1st round picks from now until 2021 or so. Umm, NO.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So why do the Bulls need to publicly pull out?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:dunno:

That story was all over the place. I saw one thing that said all three were there, one that said only Love and Kobe were there, and one that said only Kobe was there. I don't know what's true. Regardless, I don't really think it matters that they were playing pickup with each other. Rose works out with Westbrook and Love every summer in LA and that never gets blown up. Supposedly Rose was scrimmaging against Ben Gordon and Will Bynum and that didn't really turn into anything either.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:dunno:

That story was all over the place. I saw one thing that said all three were there, one that said only Love and Kobe were there, and one that said only Kobe was there. I don't know what's true. Regardless, I don't really think it matters that they were playing pickup with each other. Rose works out with Westbrook and Love every summer in LA and that never gets blown up. Supposedly Rose was scrimmaging against Ben Gordon and Will Bynum and that didn't really turn into anything either.

Poor Lebron.....he had no one to play with:)

sicko

Liked Posts:
I don't think they should pull out:smh: (that sounds so weird:lol:), let him make his decision but they should be negotiating with other players and putting together a Plan B, it seems like it is out of the Lakers and Knicks for Melo. I like Gasol a lot, not sure how good of a "PLAN B" that would be though. Gasol is still a excellent Post Up Player but he is not the same Gasol from the Championship Years with the Lakers. Him and Gibson would be a excellent rotation at PF and he can back up Noah at Center. I would be very happy with a combination of Gasol and Stephenson if that is even Possible if we can't land Melo

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point, it seems unlikely. If Melo chooses NY or LA, then he cares about money and marketability. If he chooses Chicago or Houston, then he cares about being the best position to win a championship. The four cities in question are the four biggest in the United States, so acting like any of them aren't big markets is silly. It just seems that Melo wanted to go through the whole courtship thing and feel wanted. At the end of it, NY can pay him $30 million more then anyone. If I was a betting man, he's either staying in NY or going to the Lakers. Chicago is probably a distant third.

Melo if he is smart and I think that he is knows that he will not win a championship in either NY or LA in the next couple of years at least. Kobe may have two decent years left and when Gasol leaves they have no one. The Knicks are even worse and they do not have any draft picks. IF rumors are true that he wants Gibson retained then I think he has pretty much made his mind up to go to the Bulls. With the Bulls he will be the guy as the first option but will have the perfect mate in Rose and a couple of guys who will give him many many 2nd and third opportunities to score in Gibson and Noah. It will happen.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are the only team left in contention that gives him a chance to win. Period. Chicago and Houston were probably the only two "win now" teams that wooed Carmelo.

So the Bulls offer something unique NY and LA can't. If Carmelo isn't down with that, I can sleep easy at night knowing the Bulls will have a better record next year than whatever team he's on.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are the only team left in contention that gives him a chance to win. Period. Chicago and Houston were probably the only two "win now" teams that wooed Carmelo.

So the Bulls offer something unique NY and LA can't. If Carmelo isn't down with that, I can sleep easy at night knowing the Bulls will have a better record next year than whatever team he's on.

What is Melo replaces Bosh as a stretch 4 in Miami?