Lots of reasons to hate on Rose, but Melo ain't one of them!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The Lakers' emergence as the Knicks biggest threat proves without a doubt that it has ALWAYS been about the money. Melo wants to win, but money trumps all. Melo knows the Bulls are his best chance to win. If everything was equal, he would join the Bulls. But he is not leaving 60 millions dollars on the table. Nothing Rose could have done would have change that. Even Tim Duncan would not have done that unless Rose had a clean bill of health. The Bulls presentation WAS awesome. The only problem I had with it was not Rose but the presence of Taj Gibson. The Bulls only shot for Melo has always been a S and T. If anything, our only hope is that the Lakers emergence makes Phil more agreeable to execute a S and T with the Bulls.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
if melo wanted both money and to win he would tell the Bulls he'll sign but wants the full 4 year max

Bulls would make it happen even if it meant trading Taj

i agree it wasn't a move i was happy with tho....but i dont think that was FO's doing i think Noah pushed for it

Liked Posts:
The Lakers' emergence as the Knicks biggest threat proves without a doubt that it has ALWAYS been about the money. Melo wants to win, but money trumps all. Melo knows the Bulls are his best chance to win. If everything was equal, he would join the Bulls. But he is not leaving 60 millions dollars on the table. Nothing Rose could have done would have change that. Even Tim Duncan would not have done that unless Rose had a clean bill of health. The Bulls presentation WAS awesome. The only problem I had with it was not Rose but the presence of Taj Gibson. The Bulls only shot for Melo has always been a S and T. If anything, our only hope is that the Lakers emergence makes Phil more agreeable to execute a S and T with the Bulls.

Or since, apparently, Kobe has been recruiting Carmelo constantly, since he's been back (according to Adraian Wojnasky), it says recruiting works.

Liked Posts:
if melo wanted both money and to win he would tell the Bulls he'll sign but wants the full 4 year max

Bulls would make it happen even if it meant trading Taj

i agree it wasn't a move i was happy with tho....but i dont think that was FO's doing i think Noah pushed for it

Can you clarify the last sentence?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Or since, apparently, Kobe has been recruiting Carmelo constantly, since he's been back (according to Adraian Wojnasky), it says recruiting works.

It is much easier to recruit with max money AND warm weather.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

"Nothing Rose could have done would have change that.">>>

>>>Really?, he could have re-structured his contract to make it easier for FA acquisitions...particularly since he hasn't been playing.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

>>>Really?, he could have re-structured his contract to make it easier for FA acquisitions...particularly since he hasn't been playing.
You cannot restructure in the NBA. Once the contracts are signed, theyre final.

But it doesnt matter if theres nothing Rose could have done. Its called trying and it seems like Rose doesnt want to. He would rather be known as the guy who doesnt want to ask for help, despite that being the way things are getting done now. Kobe is a 5x champion, one of the most internationally recognized athletes in the world. Hes his own brand. The guy never cared what people thought. When things got tough in LA, he wanted out. Now hes asking for help.

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:

You can't restructure in the NBA. You can only opt out and sign a new contract with a player option. Rose isn't in a player option year like Lebron, Wade, and Bosh.

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:
If Melo chooses LA or the Knicks, Rose would be blame free. Rose can't make 30 million dollars of cap space magically appear.

Liked Posts:
If Melo chooses LA or the Knicks, Rose would be blame free. Rose can't make 30 million dollars of cap space magically appear.

If Carmelo chooses another team, Rose will no longer have the excuse that he needs help. But I guess I can also see why Rose wouldn't want another super star since it would make the franchise a little less dependent on Rose.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
If Carmelo chooses another team, Rose will no longer have the excuse that he needs help. But I guess I can also see why Rose wouldn't want another super star since it would make the franchise a little less dependent on Rose.

Oh, Rose knows he needs help. He will gladly take Kevin Love. He just wants a Finals MVP more.

Liked Posts:
Oh, Rose knows he needs help. He will gladly take Kevin Love. He just wants a Finals MVP more.

So you're saying Rose is smart enough to know that he needs help but he's not smart enough to figure out what other teams are offering Minnesota in trade?

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did I miss the memo here, how are we the best chance for Melo to win... if Rose gets hurt, he becomes the first second and third option on offense. 4 and 5th is to rely on the 1st 2nd and 3rd...

Liked Posts:
Did I miss the memo here, how are we the best chance for Melo to win... if Rose gets hurt, he becomes the first second and third option on offense. 4 and 5th is to rely on the 1st 2nd and 3rd...

If Carmelo is on the Bulls, it makes life easier on Rose in that the entire defense can't focus on him exclusively like they have in the past. It should give hm someone to pass to and lead to easier baskets for him. So from that standpoint, in theory, it would lead to less wear and tear on Rose. Additionally, and even with Rose, the Bulls are the least problematic for Carmelo when it comes to Carmelo being a scorer. The Bulls defense and Carmelo's scoring complement each other. And this is substantial because the Bulls are one of the best defensive teams and Carmelo is one of the best scorers. So, even if Rose goes down, there's still a formidable team there.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

They're not. The Spurs are.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Stop pushing this false narrative. Kobe went on vacation instead of postponing it to "publicly" recruit Melo.

Rose's camp were in contact with Melo's camp way before he even came to town. The reports a couple season's ago stated that Reggie Rose's rant against the FO was because they didn't pursue a Melo trade before the deadline. That indicates interest in the Bulls from Melo. Rose even "publicly" recruited Melo.....and worked out in front of him last week.

ESPN has a hard-on for Chicago sports teams and their stars, which is why a false negative article about Rose's recruitment can be followed by a positive article about Kobe's recruitment. You would think that Rose was the one that "publicly" snubbed Melo by not postponing his vacation.

It's an absolute joke.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Spurs are a great team but they're not really a match given how Carmelo plays.

Obviously not, it was a joke. I would say that the Bulls,among the teams in serious contention for Carmelo, are the best fit for Melo to win.

By the way, trying to argue with a hypothetical in which Rose gets hurt again is pretty dumb. Not because it is unlikely that Rose will get hurt again, but because shit like that can happen to any team and almost any player. Most teams will deal with injuries during the course of the season, it happens.

You have to look at the team at face value. The bigger variable to me isn't if Rose gets hurt again(which,ok could happen), but his performance level in returning from yet another injury. What can we expect from him? I think, at his age,with his work ethic, and with modern medicine, he could come back performing at a high level.

MVP level? I can't say for sure. But if the Bulls have Carmelo, Rose doesn't have to be scoring 25 a game like he did 4 years ago. He doesn't have to bail out the offense nearly as much. With Rose,Melo,Noah and guys like Butler,Taj, and some solid bench guys, the Bulls would arguably be the favorites in the East.

And,ok, let's say Rose DOES get hurt, just to entertain that point. The Bulls suffer on offense,yes, and Carmelo has to pick up the slack. But he is more than capable of scoring to the level the Bulls need in that situation(the guy is a top 3/top 2 scorer in the league), and I feel that Taj and Noah can offer some post scoring. DJ Augustin would be big for the Bulls in that scenario as well. And we're talking about just offense here, we're totally neglecting the fact that the Bulls are very strong on the defensive end and I believe still will be next season. That's very important and something that was left off of whatever argument OP was trying to make.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Its funny how people defend one player and don't look at the reason WHY Kobe wasn't able to make the meeting with Carmelo. Kobe then insisted that he get the chance to talk to Carmelo before he made a decision.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
So you're saying Rose is smart enough to know that he needs help but he's not smart enough to figure out what other teams are offering Minnesota in trade?

Figuring out what other teams are offering is not his job. That's Gar/Pax's job. What's I am saying is Rose wants to win as the man who gets most of the credit.