Lessor trade piece rumors

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They called Rosscup upso I'm expecting one of the LH to get delt soon.

Bonifacio has 20 days to rehab and they are taking their time with him due to his injury. I don't expect him traded pre waver.

To open up 2 spots I expect a LH traded and Lake demoted. The park had it's biggest sales of the year to see Alcantara 37k. That fact is going to ring home with ownership. Bring up some kids and the place start to fill up. That is pretty much the bottom line here. Sure they could show case a bunch of replacement quality players but seriously none are going to bring much value.

They already shot their load time to get some kids some playing time.

You're mixing baseball operations with business operations. I don't think the two intermingle like that. Also, it's not like Wrigley is empty, either. Sure, the attendance is probably up a few thousand, but that's not a big enough deal to make them start someone's clock prematurely.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So apparently the royals are interested in Villanueva and Ruggiano. A name cubs den brought up as a potential return was Bubba Starling. He'd be an interesting throw in but I think you'd need something more reliable especially for Ruggiano. Not that he's amazing but he could be a useful player next year. If it were just Villanueva I could potentially buy that sort of upside play.

Also, apparently the cubs have been scouting the blue jays again so the thought is them and potentially valbuena.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
The Braves badly need lefty bullpen help and particularly like the Red Sox‘ Andrew Miller, David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes. Luis Avilan‘s struggles on Sunday are an example of the problems the Braves have had, O’Brien writes — Avilan entered in a 10-4 game in the eighth and faced three batters, giving up a single and two walks. By the time the inning was over, it was 10-7, and a blowout had suddenly become a save situation. Miller, who has struck out 14.4 batters per nine innings for Boston this season, would be a big upgrade. The Braves also like James Russell and Wesley Wright of the Cubs, O’Brien writes.

So there's that.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
After shipping out their top two targets, the Cubs are receiving the most hits on lefty James Russell, writes Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times. Two other pen pieces — southpaw Wesley Wright and swingman Carlos Villanueva — are also “in play,” says Wittenmyer.

I'd like to see them trade a reliever and perhaps a prospect for a semi-decent outfielder. Someone like Ackley comes to mind as buy low type upside play. Without looking at teams and expendible parts I'm not sure what's out there but that's what I'd like to see.