When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cue up the whiners.....I wonder if Castro would have made it if Shark wasn't traded.

He was already on the team before Shark was traded. Rizzo didnt lost out on a all star bid because of Castro. He lost out to Dee Gordon or Daniel Murphy.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
The numbers Rizzo is putting up are even more impressive when you look at the lineup around him

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
National League position players who are invited to the 85th All-Star Game as a result of Player Balloting are catcher Jonathan Lucroy of the Milwaukee Brewers; first baseman Freddie Freeman of the Atlanta Braves; second baseman Dee Gordon of the Los Angeles Dodgers; shortstop Starlin Castro of the Chicago Cubs; third baseman Todd Frazier of the Cincinnati Reds; and outfielders Giancarlo Stanton of the Miami Marlins, Charlie Blackmon of the Colorado Rockies and Hunter Pence of the San Francisco Giants.

N.L. pitchers who have made the 2014 All-Star Game as a result of the Player Ballot include starters Johnny Cueto of the Reds; Adam Wainwright of the St. Louis Cardinals; Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers; Madison Bumgarner of the Giants; and Jeff Samardzija, who was traded from the Cubs to the Athletics this weekend. Though Samardzija has been traded to an A.L. Club, he will be considered a member of the N.L. squad and will receive full All-Star honors in Minnesota, but will be inactive for the All-Star Game. Per Matheny's selection, Samardzija will be replaced by Julio Teheran of the Braves. The relievers who are All-Stars via the Player Ballot are Craig Kimbrel of the Braves; Francisco Rodriguez of the Brewers; and Aroldis Chapman of the Reds.

Matheny's nine selections, in conjunction with MLB, included five pitchers: starter Zack Greinke of the Dodgers; starter Tyson Ross of the San Diego Padres; starter Jordan Zimmermann of the Washington Nationals; reliever Pat Neshek of the Cardinals; and reliever Tony Watson of the Pittsburgh Pirates. The four position players who are among Matheny's selections are catcher Devin Mesoraco of the Reds; infielders Daniel Murphy of the New York Mets and Matt Carpenter of the Cardinals; and Pirates infielder/outfielder Josh Harrison, who is the first utility player named to the N.L. All-Star squad since Atlanta's Omar Infante in 2010.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140706&content_id=83426280&vkey=pr_mlb&c_id=mlb

So, Castro and Gordon were voted in. Matheny chose either Mesoraco, Murphy, or Carpenter over Rizzo.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The two will never team up on this... because typically, fans of one hate the other... hard to convince meatball Cubs fans to vote in a Sox and vice-versa.

And it's stupid. The organizations should be above this. Me as a fan? No. But I think it's bad that both teams can't get along.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The two will never team up on this... because typically, fans of one hate the other... hard to convince meatball Cubs fans to vote in a Sox and vice-versa.
Why would I vote in any Sox? Why wouldn't I vote for the players who deserve to be in the AS game, regardless of who they play for?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Why would I vote in any Sox? Why wouldn't I vote for the players who deserve to be in the AS game, regardless of who they play for?

True, a true fan should vote for the best candidates. It just happens that this time around it's Rizzo and Sale

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
And it's stupid. The organizations should be above this. Me as a fan? No. But I think it's bad that both teams can't get along.

They really have no reason to affiliate for things like this... they are the other's largest business competitors as they compete for the same set of fans... Personally, I feel it is completely moronic for fans to hate the other since they both represent Chicago and only play each other four times a year, hardly affecting each other... but they are business competitors so helping the other's image may not be up their alley.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
It's probably a numbers game. The Tigers have more than double the followers the White Sox have

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They really have no reason to affiliate for things like this... they are the other's largest business competitors as they compete for the same set of fans... Personally, I feel it is completely moronic for fans to hate the other since they both represent Chicago and only play each other four times a year, hardly affecting each other... but they are business competitors so helping the other's image may not be up their alley.

I think the teams would be in for a rude awakening if either left the city/burbs area. They need each other more than is known IMO

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

well the cubs did send a congrats on the wrigley sign when we won the ws.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Intracity rivalry is stupid and both deserve to go period.

I just like to fuck around on the cubs board when it comes to :fap: fests. I do it with the hawks fans too and I am a die hard hockey fan.

There is no rivalry. It is dumb. Arguing about attendance and who has better food gets old. Meet in the World Series a few times and maybe that will spark something. Other than that everything else is just foolish.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just like to fuck around on the cubs board when it comes to :fap: fests. I do it with the hawks fans too and I am a die hard hockey fan.

There is no rivalry. It is dumb. Arguing about attendance and who has better food gets old. Meet in the World Series a few times and maybe that will spark something. Other than that everything else is just foolish.

Agreed neither team has any effect on the either making the postseason in a real way and therefore not that particularly interesting.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
10356255_10152486530975659_2369490948183996565_n.png

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I've voted #TargetSale #VoteRizzo over 100 times so far