Hendricks to start against Reds!

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Hendricks was pulled after 2IP in Iowa and received lots of hugs in the dugout. He will start against the Reds.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/25575/source-hendricks-to-start-against-reds

I'm really interested to see what he can do. He's not a fireballer but he has some great control and will limit his walks. If he can still get people out with more control than stuff he could potentially be a Fister type. He'll likely be overlooked a lot because he's probably not going to have high k totals but I think he is a guy that will just go out and give you quality starts.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
YES! Does anyone know if he is sticking around or if he is just being called up because of the double header?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
YES! Does anyone know if he is sticking around or if he is just being called up because of the double header?
Wada coning up to pitch DH on Tuesday with travis wood.. my guess Hendricks starts on Thursday and im sure depending on how he does will determine if he stays

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
ahhhh Yeah!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wada and Hendricks in a matter of days!!!!!!!!! I'm pumped!!!!!:fap::buttrock::beer::highfive:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess has been Hendricks starts on Wednesday and that Beeler goes Thursday. Hendricks will get demoted before Thursday since the All-Star break is coming up. It will be more than 10 days before his next turn in the rotation. After the ASG I am guessing the Cubs rotation will be Arrieta, Wood, EJax, Wada and Hendricks in whatever order you want with Straily waiting in the wings.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Welp Jesse Rogers has what I had but reversed:
Depending on weather in Cincy, looks like Beeler to pitch there wed and Hendricks thurs. Nothing official

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess has been Hendricks starts on Wednesday and that Beeler goes Thursday. Hendricks will get demoted before Thursday since the All-Star break is coming up. It will be more than 10 days before his next turn in the rotation. After the ASG I am guessing the Cubs rotation will be Arrieta, Wood, EJax, Wada and Hendricks in whatever order you want with Straily waiting in the wings.

The way you wrote that seemed like we have a murders row of pitchers. Lol

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If Beeler (25) has another good start, id prefer to keep him in rotation over a 33 YO Wada..

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Beeler (25) has another good start, id prefer to keep him in rotation over a 33 YO Wada..
We've gone over this but it isn't just about age. Cubs have cheap control of Wada for the next four years. He has a track record of success in the highest level of competition outside of the MLB, and some interesting things pointing to success this year (grip changes via Bosio). Roll the dice and see what we have him even if he only has a few solid years in him. Hell Beeler has already suffered numerous injuries already and so isn't guarantee to even get that out of him.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
We've gone over this but it isn't just about age. Cubs have cheap control of Wada for the next four years. He has a track record of success in the highest level of competition outside of the MLB, and some interesting things pointing to success this year (grip changes via Bosio). Roll the dice and see what we have him even if he only has a few solid years in him. Hell Beeler has already suffered numerous injuries already and so isn't guarantee to even get that out of him.
Well since you put it that way........

Edwin Jackson needs to have 2-3 good starts in row so they could actually have a little teeny weeny chance of trading him maybe in a waiver deal in Aug.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Well since you put it that way........

Edwin Jackson needs to have 2-3 good starts in row so they could actually have a little teeny weeny chance of trading him maybe in a waiver deal in Aug.

Package him with Barney and eat some of Jacksons contract to save a little. Of course, I think it will be that in the off-season as they want to see who in the minors is ready to take the leap forward.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Dropped Tom Koehler in my NL-Only league yesterday afternoon prior to his stinker vs. Arizona. Struggled with pulling the trigger to drop Koehler to grab Hendricks. Glad I did now. Let's hope this kid's WHIP translates well to the majors. Appears to be pretty stingy.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Wada will be added as a 26 man. Beeler and Hendricks will be promoted. Rusin and Parker demoted.

Wada will just be used for the DH.

I think with Beeler it has more to do with age and his 6'5" frame. He has power pitcher potential.

Hendricks we will see. He locates well and should be fine at first. It really depends on how well Castillo calls his games IMO. He lacks a big fastball to depend on. He is going to have to depend on a located fastball more and living on the edges.

We will see how his stuff translates.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Package him with Barney and eat some of Jacksons contract to save a little. Of course, I think it will be that in the off-season as they want to see who in the minors is ready to take the leap forward.

Kinda a pipe dream. The teams looking to add pitching will be play off teams and the extra years are baggage I don't want.

The ONLY way they are getting rid of Jackson is the old bad contract swap.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

I would look at it as raw stuff. Wada is a craft lefty and a older one. Not major league proven an way older than the core they are building.

Beeler 25 is 6'5" ie big build and could become a power pitching starter.

I was wondering if they would do what Balt did and go with a 6 man rotation but that is doubtful.