Hendricks to start against Reds!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wada will be added as a 26 man. Beeler and Hendricks will be promoted. Rusin and Parker demoted.

Wada will just be used for the DH.

I think with Beeler it has more to do with age and his 6'5" frame. He has power pitcher potential.

Hendricks we will see. He locates well and should be fine at first. It really depends on how well Castillo calls his games IMO. He lacks a big fastball to depend on. He is going to have to depend on a located fastball more and living on the edges.

We will see how his stuff translates.

Honestly could see Baker getting the start for Hendricks and being his caddy now that Hammel is gone for that very reason.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Kinda a pipe dream. The teams looking to add pitching will be play off teams and the extra years are baggage I don't want.

The ONLY way they are getting rid of Jackson is the old bad contract swap.

Well, it was reported after I had said this that the Yankees would be ideal for Jackson. Even if they took him by themselves, it would only cost them money and none of their farm. Something they couldn't do with Shark or Hammel.

I bet the Cubs would love to free up his salary and try again with it?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Well, it was reported after I had said this that the Yankees would be ideal for Jackson. Even if they took him by themselves, it would only cost them money and none of their farm. Something they couldn't do with Shark or Hammel.

I bet the Cubs would love to free up his salary and try again with it?
I could see them dealing jackson and slot money to yankees for an A baller or two

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Think they added McCarthy and he doesn't have the extra years.

I still feel it will end up being a bad contract swap. But right now the Cubs don't have a abundance of pitching talent they are trying to push up.

It is counter productive right now to upturn 60% of the rotation with no top of the rotation returns or vet returns.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Think they added McCarthy and he doesn't have the extra years.

I still feel it will end up being a bad contract swap. But right now the Cubs don't have a abundance of pitching talent they are trying to push up.

It is counter productive right now to upturn 60% of the rotation with no top of the rotation returns or vet returns.

LOL. You're not suggesting that it is productive to keep E-Jax are you?

You know the Cubs are going to go fairly heavy at acquiring a good arm (or more) via FA or trade, so if I have Arrieta and Wood already, and I could back-fill the rotation with any of Strailey, Hendricks, Wada, and Beeler, then yes, I would look to deal Jackson in a New York minute.

We are going to get a good look at the kids for the remainder of the year, so everything will sort itself out. You never know, we may have a couple of decent pitchers in the system already to choose from. Time will let the FO know where they need to go in the off-season.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
LOL. You're not suggesting that it is productive to keep E-Jax are you?

You know the Cubs are going to go fairly heavy at acquiring a good arm (or more) via FA or trade, so if I have Arrieta and Wood already, and I could back-fill the rotation with any of Strailey, Hendricks, Wada, and Beeler, then yes, I would look to deal Jackson in a New York minute.

We are going to get a good look at the kids for the remainder of the year, so everything will sort itself out. You never know, we may have a couple of decent pitchers in the system already to choose from. Time will let the FO know where they need to go in the off-season.

Ya sounds weird but he absorbs IP vs plugging in a non proven.

Think of it 60% of the rotation is not major league tested. Ya that could tax a BP fast.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What would be interesting to see is if they went with a 6 man but upped the pitch counts of the starters seeing that on avg they were used 1 time per week with off days. Lower counts on non off day weeks.

I wouldn't start with it in mid season but something like that would be interesting to see if it countered the arm issues plaguing pitching now.

Add to it it would let the starters to go deeper into game thus lessening the stress on the pen. Pens should still have 1 long man to cover a SP who didn't have it that night.

It would be a major change to the game.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Ya sounds weird but he absorbs IP vs plugging in a non proven.

Think of it 60% of the rotation is not major league tested. Ya that could tax a BP fast.

Maybe, but don't think for a minute that the Cubs are going to just sit on their thumbs with the staff. They know how important it is, as it has gotten better every year. I think only one of the four of Strailey, Hendicks, Beeler, and Wada will be starters next year. One will be put in long relief like Villanueva and could spot start, and the other two will provide organizational depth.

They have a lot of freed up money, and with a good chance that at least two (if not all three) of Baez, Bryant, and Alcantara make the team and also making the league minimum, that makes it even easier to spend some cash.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
ESPN doesn't have Kyle Hendricks available for fantasy baseball leagues :smh: