What about Bosh?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on what?

He's a really good player and IMO he's now a more well rounded player than he was 4 years ago when he was a max player. I haven't seen any drop off in his game skills wise.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does anyone remember when Chris Bosh was a guy who you could build a team around? A guy talented enough to be the centerpiece of a team? I always go back to relating him to a young Pau Gasol in Memphis. The footwork, the IQ, versatile. Yeah, put me in the max group. I would like him to grow out his hair again though. Essential to keeping it gangster.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does anyone remember when Chris Bosh was a guy who you could build a team around? A guy talented enough to be the centerpiece of a team? I always go back to relating him to a young Pau Gasol in Memphis. The footwork, the IQ, versatile. Yeah, put me in the max group. I would like him to grow out his hair again though. Essential to keeping it gangster.
I miss his old hair. He looked less like a dinosaur back then.

Liked Posts:
He's a really good player and IMO he's now a more well rounded player than he was 4 years ago when he was a max player. I haven't seen any drop off in his game skills wise.

I don't agree. Where he was 4 years ago, as the guy on the Raptors, provided a higher level of assurance than what he's been doing in Miami, where he's also benefited greatly from playing with James. Now he's a 30 year old role player who wouldn't have LeBron taking so much attention from the defense.

For max money, a player should have a higher level of assurance that he has the deliverables. It's just not there with Bosh.

Again, I don't think you can say absolutely he's not but there should be a higher level of assurance when it comes to giving out that kind of money. The cost of being wrong is significant.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't agree. Where he was 4 years ago, as the guy on the Raptors, provided a higher level of assurance than what he's been doing in Miami, where he's also benefited greatly from playing with James. Now he's a 30 year old role player who wouldn't have LeBron taking so much attention from the defense.

For max money, a player should have a higher level of assurance that he has the deliverables. It's just not there with Bosh.

Again, I don't think you can say absolutely he's not but there should be a higher level of assurance when it comes to giving out that kind of money. The cost of being wrong is significant.

IMO all the assurance I need is there. The guy was a 20-10 player in Toronto. Hasn't been asked to do nearly as much in Miami and has actually expanded his game. I'd sign him to a max deal without blinking an eye. There is virtually zero (Bosh-centric)risk there to me

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Going to Miami was the best thing for his career IMO. The thing here is that Morey is a big analytics guy, and that is really what the Rockets are based on. With what he's been able to change with his game, coupled with Howard is a great thing for him - and what I think has probably gone into the offer.

You're nuts if you don't think he's worth it.

Liked Posts:
Going to Miami was the best thing for his career IMO. The thing here is that Morey is a big analytics guy, and that is really what the Rockets are based on. With what he's been able to change with his game, coupled with Howard is a great thing for him - and what I think has probably gone into the offer.

You're nuts if you don't think he's worth it.

There are only a handful of guys who are worth it. Toronto was 4 years ago, and his role in Miami doesn't scream max contract.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are only a handful of guys who are worth it. Toronto was 4 years ago, and his role in Miami doesn't scream max contract.

His role in Miami actually increased his value.

Liked Posts:
I think people underrate his value because of all that internet shit about him being soft, those corny ass jokes, and dumb ass memes questioning his manhood. People who actually watch basketball critically can tell his skills

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think people underrate his value because of all that internet shit about him being soft, those corny ass jokes, and dumb ass memes questioning his manhood. People who actually watch basketball critically can tell his skills

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
People question Bosh's manhood? I thought most people just called him a dinosaur.

Liked Posts:
People question Bosh's manhood? I thought most people just called him a dinosaur.

There's a lot of YouTube videos where dumbass kids would pause games and be like "look how he licks his lips, he's gaaaay" or they blow up the whole man hugs thing

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
There's a lot of YouTube videos where dumbass kids would pause games and be like "look how he licks his lips, he's gaaaay" or they blow up the whole man hugs thing

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Well 2 things:

1) His wife is one ugly bitch
2) He's also LBJ's bitch as evidenced by his inability to make his own business decisions

That's why people question his manhood. And with good reason.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well 2 things:

1) His wife is one ugly bitch
2) He's also LBJ's bitch as evidenced by his inability to make his own business decisions

That's why people question his manhood. And with good reason.

Bosh is a good player but he is pretty much a perimeter player. The guy can be muscled out of his game. He was a player with a team that essentially was a perimter based team with the best player in the world who could get to the hoop. In my opinion, Bosh will wilt on the vine without a guy that can get to the basket and pass to him for open looks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bosh looks like Sam Cassel's daddy. They are both aliens:)

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Bosh is a good player but he is pretty much a perimeter player. The guy can be muscled out of his game. He was a player with a team that essentially was a perimter based team with the best player in the world who could get to the hoop. In my opinion, Bosh will wilt on the vine without a guy that can get to the basket and pass to him for open looks.

That too!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:

You just described the exact reasons that I preferred Boozer's game. It's tougher, especially in Utah. However, I will not penalize a guy for adjusting his game based on what was asked of him. Bosh is highly skilled and IMO a better overall player than Kevin Love. He is a max player.

As far as wilting without some one feeding him the ball, that's any post player.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Chris Bosh will easily be in the HOF when he retires, whether he deserves it or not. There's players in there that are a lot less deserving than he is. The basketball hall of fame isn't near as hard to get into as the football/baseball hof.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Chris Bosh will easily be in the HOF when he retires, whether he deserves it or not. There's players in there that are a lot less deserving than he is. The basketball hall of fame isn't near as hard to get into as the football/baseball hof.

I'm not sure yet whether he will or won't be. But "easily", not a chance.