What about Bosh?

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
I know a lot of you don't like him, and I'm not the biggest fan myself, but if the Bulls miss on Melo, do you think they should go after Bosh? Yes, he was less than impressive at times in Miami, but that was as their 3rd option. In Toronto, he was a 24 and 10 guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I actually think he might fit better than melo...I read an article about him a couple weeks ago that I can't find right now that said the way Miami used him did not show him for what he did best, he truly gave himself up to play w/ them. I think we need one slasher and one inside scoring threat

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He was to Toronto what Pau Gasol was to the Grizzlies years ago. I was a big time Bosh fan before he went to Miami. He was the guy i wanted on the Bulls because i never thought LeBron or Wade were leaving.

I would be all for signing him. The only problem is Dallas and Houston are interested and Houston can offer more money. Bosh is from Texas if i remember correctly. If he leaves Miami, i dont see it being for Chicago considering what Houston has to offer him.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
The only thing that concerns me was his content to basically abandon playing in the paint on the offensive end and become essentially an outside shooter. I'm not sure if he was asked to play that way by Spoelstra, or if that was what he wanted to do.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Bosh would be great. I think with Bosh on the squad the Bulls could get back to the top of the East. He is a lot better than many people give him credit for since he was asked to take a backseat in Miami. I think he can definitely average 20 points per game being a #2 option here in Chicago next to D Rose.

Houston can offer more money though.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
S&T Rose to Miami for Bosh. Bring in LeBron. End world hunger.

Liked Posts:
What about Bosh? He's very tall.

czman

Liked Posts:
The only thing that concerns me was his content to basically abandon playing in the paint on the offensive end and become essentially an outside shooter. I'm not sure if he was asked to play that way by Spoelstra, or if that was what he wanted to do.

Bosh moved outside because Wade cannot shoot and the heat needed floor spacing for James and Wade to drive.

Bosh would be a huge upgrade over Gibson, but the Heat are not going to take Boozer in a sign and trade. The Bulls don't have the cap space. If the Rockets get Bosh they will probably lose Parsons, and He is someone would be a nice upgrade at the 3. That is who I think the Bulls should be targeting if the amnesty Boozer and Houston grabs a top tier FA.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It would be nice, but the Bulls targeting Bosh would create a log jam of sorts, and require the Bulls to make a lot more moves than I consider realistic/cap-smart. He wouldn't put the Bulls over the hump, where Melo could without having to get rid of depth. Depth matters in the NBA and with Bosh, we'll have too many holes.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Pretty sure Spo asked him to do that in order to space the floor for Lebron and Wade. It was basically a drive by either of those guys and then a kick out to a shooter. To his credit, Bosh got pretty good at hitting that 3 after not really being a 3pt shooter in Toronto. I guess the concern is, is he now only a jump shooter or does he still have his post game? If he still has his post game, he could be more than Boozer was to us when we signed him, but it's also possible that he could just be a taller, skinnier Boozer. It's hard to say. I'd take him if he wanted to come here, much like I would any star, but I'm a little less confident in him than others.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's a guy named Mirotic that will be a star.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Their need is not at power forward. They have enough bigs. They need a SF and SG.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What if the Rockets were the smartest ones in the Carmelo hunt and snagged him by getting Bosh?? :wacko: My head is going to explode!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks