IST: Chicago Cubs (38-48) at Cincinnati Reds (45-42)

How many games do the Cubs win?

• 5...This is the year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4...They will rebound after the trade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3...Meh Reds are without Votto

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 2...Cubs are ready to pack it in

• 1...How could the Cubs trade Shark

• 0...Cubs are worse than 03 Tigers now

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I can't think of a single reason to turn down any good offer for Valbuena.

He kills us with his "errorless" defense. He adds little. We have somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 candidates to play 3rd. Ok, that includes Olt who has shown little. But seriously, I would trade Valbuena and play Olt every day. If he succeeds and gets experience that matters, good. If he continues to struggle - and that is being kind - we suck more, which is kind of the point right now.

I don't see the value in Stumbles that others do, though I know he is a cheap option.
The guy hit a triple that won the game today and he has no value to you? He is better than any OF they have had all season and has been the most valuable of the 2B/3B players.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The guy hit a triple that won the game today and he has no value to you? He is better than any OF they have had all season and has been the most valuable of the 2B/3B players.

every team in contention would love to have a LH bat with some zip and who can play play multiple positions on their bench..

luis valbuena is a kind of player that could join a team and instantly give them that spark/edge just by the way he plays the game...

he valuable to contenders, he is also valuable to this cubs team as far as being a solid vet who can coach these young kids as they come up
that why I don't see them trading valbuena so easily unless a team knocks them out with an offer, and also considering he under team control via ARB for the next 2 years

TL1961

Liked Posts:

He would have value to a contending team. My point is that he has less value to a team banking on replacements coming up soon.

And, please......the triple was a misplayed fly ball. Schumaker overran it, and reached backward.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He would have value to a contending team. My point is that he has less value to a team banking on replacements coming up soon.

And, please......the triple was a misplayed fly ball. Schumaker overran it, and reached backward.
He hit the ball when it mattered. That's a lot more than most of the players they have had in the dugout the past few seasons.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm sure Fisch will read this soon.

LOL.

Never hated Rizzo and Castro. I hate the fanboys that stroke the Cubs at any chance they can. An oppertunity wasn't missed here. :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL.

Never hated Rizzo and Castro. I hate the fanboys that stroke the Cubs at any chance they can. An oppertunity wasn't missed here. :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:
Sure looks like those fanboys were right though in the whole Rizzo thing. And as much crap as CO gets he did call sending Cashner to SD for Rizzo.