In defense of Rose, the Bulls have themselves to blame when it comes to medical care!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I will never forget the whole Luol Deng active rest crap when it turned out to be stress fractures. Rose chose to consult athletes who been through the rehab process. Guys like Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill received clean bills of health too before ruining themselves. A lot of THOSE guys told Rose not to rush b/c you can hurt yourself worse. It is a tough spot. I have been a critic of Rose, but I have tried to be fair. Deng damn near DIED and people were calling him soft. If ANYONE got a beef, it's Luol Deng. And Rose remembers it all. That is a big reason why Rose can care less about the criticism b/c he has seen first hand the crap Deng went through. That is why his teammates have defended him.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
His doctor, who has performed that same procedure probably 10,000 times told Rose there was the same chance of re-injury when he was cleared as there would have been a month, two months, or five years down the line. He chose not to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
2013/14 was much better. I hope the staff changes that were made at the start of last season are only the start of a smarter conditioning culture. The Bulls finished building that insane training facility that is the largest and most high tech in the NBA. Thus after years of complaining, like most fans, I'm going to wait and see the results before rehashing this concern.

proton

Liked Posts:
By ignoring his orthopedic surgeons rehab timeline not only did Rose unnecessarily delay his recovery progress but he set the entire team back. Watching him struggle night after night trying to get back into game shape in terms of speed and endurance and trying to build up his confidence to resume physical contact was very painful to watch and sadly so unnecessary had he simply listened to his doctors. Had he come back when he was supposed to he would have been ready to go and hit the ground running last season.