Even More Evidence Gar and Paxson Must Go

czman

Liked Posts:
True but they at least started to free up money, moving Lin won't be hard at all I am sure

That would still leave them ~ 5 million short. So they are about the same as the Bulls right now.

Liked Posts:
Unless a next tier guy like Gasol translates into getting a top tier guy, like Carmelo, I'd pass. Their contracts are too onerous. The Bulls should have learned this lesson by now though.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Especially in 2010...those jerks didn't win us the title
Ever since 2010, the Bulls have known they needed a second scorer to take pressure off of Rose. Who's the second scorer on the team today??? Four years later and instead of improvement we have Rose coming back probably less than he left and the Bulls still can't score.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I purposely left out Gasol and Marion, I don't even consider signing bench players worthy of conversation. I'm talking about teams making major upgrades and people want to counter me with "What about Gasol". You can't be serious.
Well I was joking...can't talk about those other people though

But who else is there? Love has basically fallen off the radar. We aren't getting any of the big 3. That's it. It's basically Melo or nothing.

Tyson Chandler's contract was as bad as Boozer's and he's gone, and they are now working on Amare and Bargniani's contracts which are worse than Boozers.

Is Chandler's contract really as bad as Boozer? Chandler is making less and hasn't seen a giant drop off in production. That trade was done because Dallas wanted Chandler and NY didn't want to keep Felton. Don't think that's quite the same situation. Now if Amare and Barg get traded, that's a different story.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The jury's still out, I think, on upper and lower management, although it was weird hearing Scott Ferrall go off on Thibs last night, saying if he's so good of a coach, he should've won a title with the Bulls by now.

This is a little off-topic since it's not GarPax, but it struck me as a weird conclusion, considering here's the meat of Thibs' time with the Bulls:

-2010-11---Bulls clinch best record in NBA, lose in conference finals to Heat.

-2011-12---Bulls clinch best record in NBA, lose in playoffs after Rose tears ACL.

-2012-13---Bulls get mid-seed in playoffs without Derrick Rose, lose in 2nd Round to Heat.

-2013-14---Bulls lose Rose early, lose in 1st Round to Wizards.

Seems to me they overachieved versus their circumstances. Sports pundits are a joke.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The jury's still out, I think, on upper and lower management, although it was weird hearing Scott Ferrall go off on Thibs last night, saying if he's so good of a coach, he should've won a title with the Bulls by now.

This is a little off-topic since it's not GarPax, but it struck me as a weird conclusion, considering here's the meat of Thibs' time with the Bulls:

-2010-11---Bulls clinch best record in NBA, lose in conference finals to Heat.

-2011-12---Bulls clinch best record in NBA, lose in playoffs after Rose tears ACL.

-2012-13---Bulls get mid-seed in playoffs without Derrick Rose, lose in 2nd Round to Heat.

-2013-14---Bulls lose Rose early, lose in 1st Round to Wizards.

Seems to me they overachieved versus their circumstances. Sports pundits are a joke.

Oh they're definitely overachievers. Only exception is the first year where they lost to Miami in 5. Arguably they could've done better there, but...lost Asik and stuff happened so what can you do?

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I never stated I was content. I am just not mad about things that happened 3 years ago. The reality is the Bulls screwed up when they let all Asik/Korver/Watson/Brewer/Marco/Hamilton all go for nothing. If they had contracts they would be in a position to make a sign and trade or a move for Love.

A lot of people on here bought the "flexability" BS that was shoveled at the time. Hell I was railing against it at the time and people on this very board told me to shut up and that I did not know what I was talking about.

The reality is the Bulls were never going to have cap space. Moving Boozer does not get you a max contract.

Now fans, who bought the BS are upset that the Bulls are not in position to get Melo. They never were. This was evident 3 years ago. I have had time to adjust. Not my problem you did not listen along the way and you are finally realizing that was present for a long time. If the Bulls had another 3 or 4 players at 3-5 million they could make moves for more talent. Maybe Love. Maybe Melo. maybe Howard when he was available. Maybe Aldridge last season. They did not have the contracts and they were never going to have the space.

The Bulls are here because they are cheap. They are here because they have an owner who wants to be as good as possible without paying the tax. That is not how team win.

You are blaming the wrong people.
I was against signing Taj over Asik for the record, who was right on that still remains to be seen. As for the rest of those players, GarPax were the ones making the decisions so I don't see how I'm blaming the wrong people. I'm not for one second saying Reinsdorf gets a pass, he's the head of the snake so he should be the first to go.

With that said, Boozer should have never been signed for what they gave him and they have been trying to move him for at least two years now. That is a failure of management not just ownership. They've known for years Boozer was a mistake and done nothing, they knew for years Asik would be a RFA and did nothing, they knew that Melo would opt out and get offered big money and they did nothing. They've known that Love wanted out of Minnesota and they still haven't got their shit together to make the right move yet.

I'm not blaming the wrong people at all, Reinsdorf can't be fired but Garpax can.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Chandler's contract really as bad as Boozer? Chandler is making less and hasn't seen a giant drop off in production. That trade was done because Dallas wanted Chandler and NY didn't want to keep Felton. Don't think that's quite the same situation. Now if Amare and Barg get traded, that's a different story.
Chandler makes $2M less than Boozer but when you throw in the $4M Felton is making its not even close. If Chandler can be moved Boozer can be moved even if the Bulls have to throw in a little cash to sweeten it. Look at the moves the Nuggets made to get Aaron Afflalo and how they smashed the Bulls in the trade for McDermott.

This FO is incompetent and needs to be replaced. Melo/Love is only the icing on the cake, they want us to get excited about rookies instead of focusing on the fact that all they have done is fail.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Some people wouldn't like whoever the president and GM were. Do Ipods skip like old scratched BROKEN vinyl records used to?

czman

Liked Posts:
The players were all released because the Bulls wanted to stay under the tax. That is on the Owner.

The entire Bulls need a second "star" argument is ridiculous. There are 15+ teams looking for a first star. Magic wands are in short supply.

The Bulls have not done a good job getting a second "star", but the reality is 99% of fans out there have no clue what it would take to bring one in with current CBA and go off on tangents that are at best misinformed.

Most of this has to do with the fact that reporting in this country is a joke and misinformation shoots around and gives fans a false sense of what is actually possible. There are still people that believe the Bulls can amnesty Boozer and bring in Melo on a max deal.

czman

Liked Posts:
Chandler makes $2M less than Boozer but when you throw in the $4M Felton is making its not even close. If Chandler can be moved Boozer can be moved even if the Bulls have to throw in a little cash to sweeten it. Look at the moves the Nuggets made to get Aaron Afflalo and how they smashed the Bulls in the trade for McDermott.

This FO is incompetent and needs to be replaced. Melo/Love is only the icing on the cake, they want us to get excited about rookies instead of focusing on the fact that all they have done is fail.

Do you even know what happens when the Bulls move Boozer. What that gives them? What they gain? What they lose?

Let's pretend the Bulls trade Boozer for a traded player exception. What is the next move. What can they do?

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Do you even know what happens when the Bulls move Boozer. What that gives them? What they gain? What they lose?

Let's pretend the Bulls trade Boozer for a traded player exception. What is the next move. What can they do?
Trading Boozer puts the Bulls around $13M under cap since they are currently slightly over. MDJ is an easy move because he is underpaid for what his skill set is. Then the Bulls have lots of one year contract guys that are not guaranteed. The Bulls can easily get close to max contract range by making those moves.

1st they should have gotten Afflalo, since then should have spoken with Bosh, Lance Stephenson, Trevor Ariza, and Danny Granger. The Bulls should have a deal in place by now for K. Love in the event Melo says no. They should already have a trade in place for Boozer and they should have a real offer on the table for Melo right now not a vague guarantee to "make it happen".

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

What? The Mavs WANTED Chandler. They took Felton in spite of his contract to get Chandler. Much like the Bulls took Randolph so they could get McDermott. Definitely too early to say they smashed us in that trade too. McDermott could turn out to be super good who knows.

I have no excuse for not going for Afflalo other than wanting to have that cap space for Melo.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
What? The Mavs WANTED Chandler. They took Felton in spite of his contract to get Chandler. Much like the Bulls took Randolph so they could get McDermott. Definitely too early to say they smashed us in that trade too. McDermott could turn out to be super good who knows.

I have no excuse for not going for Afflalo other than wanting to have that cap space for Melo.
So the Mavs were willing to pay $15M for chandler + take on an extra $4M in salary to do it, but the Bulls can't find one team thats willing to pay $17M for Boozer even if they add cash to the deal? Meanwhile the Knicks are working on trading Stoudemire's $23M to Philly, but I have idiots on here telling me Philly would never trade for Boozer.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So the Mavs were willing to pay $15M for chandler + take on an extra $4M in salary to do it, but the Bulls can't find one team thats willing to pay $17M for Boozer even if they add cash to the deal? Meanwhile the Knicks are working on trading Stoudemire's $23M to Philly, but I have idiots on here telling me Philly would never trade for Boozer.

If the Sixers are willing to take on Amare's contract, they'd also have to be willing to take on Boozer's contract. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. But that doesn't help us get Melo, so why complain?

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
If the Sixers are willing to take on Amare's contract, they'd also have to be willing to take on Boozer's contract. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. But that doesn't help us get Melo, so why complain?
It absolutely helps us get Melo because Boozer is the biggest road block to a S&T. The Knicks said they don't want Boozer, but once he's gone the Bulls are free to move basically anyone else to make the deal happen. If Boozer is gone without being amnestied, the Bulls have way more options to make moves.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Trading Boozer without getting Melo only helps us by allowing us to stay over the cap to sign Mirotic with the MLE. Who are we going to get with that space that would actually make a difference? It'd just go to overpaying some other player that won't make us better.

Also the Sixers are stupid...or trying to ensure they have lots of cap space next year for something because that trade makes no sense for them otherwise since Shumpert is on the last year of his deal.

Also NY Post...anything that makes it look like the Knicks will keep Melo right?

I think Philly is going to be awesome in 2 years.

They traded for Noel, they got the #1 pick drop to them because of injury, they are picking up extra picks for picking up 1 year players. They are going to bomb this year, get the #1 pick, draft Okafor after his 1 year in Duke, and trade all of their extra picks for a high lottery pick.

They will have a ton of talent to make Philly attractive to Durant.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It absolutely helps us get Melo because Boozer is the biggest road block to a S&T. The Knicks said they don't want Boozer, but once he's gone the Bulls are free to move basically anyone else to make the deal happen. If Boozer is gone without being amnestied, the Bulls have way more options to make moves.

Then who's to say they're not talking about a 3 way right now with Boozer going to some team with space while tossing in some random asset to NY? The key is that the Bulls have to stay over the cap to sign players with exceptions. If you gut the team just to get Melo (which he supposedly doesn't want anyway) then you're not in a much better place than before.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Philly is going to be awesome in 2 years.

They traded for Noel, they got the #1 pick drop to them because of injury, they are picking up extra picks for picking up 1 year players. They are going to bomb this year, get the #1 pick, draft Okafor after his 1 year in Duke, and trade all of their extra picks for a high lottery pick.

They will have a ton of talent to make Philly attractive to Durant.

Woah. Durant on the Sixers? That'd be weird.