Even More Evidence Gar and Paxson Must Go

czman

Liked Posts:
Trading Boozer puts the Bulls around $13M under cap since they are currently slightly over. MDJ is an easy move because he is underpaid for what his skill set is. Then the Bulls have lots of one year contract guys that are not guaranteed. The Bulls can easily get close to max contract range by making those moves.

1st they should have gotten Afflalo, since then should have spoken with Bosh, Lance Stephenson, Trevor Ariza, and Danny Granger. The Bulls should have a deal in place by now for K. Love in the event Melo says no. They should already have a trade in place for Boozer and they should have a real offer on the table for Melo right now not a vague guarantee to "make it happen".

So you don't, you should just say. If they Trade Boozer they get a trade exception. That exception, assuming nothing comes back, is 16.8 million. If they use that exception to get a player they can only bring back 16.9 million. Does anyone think Melo is coming for 16.9 mllion. Trade exceptions cannot be combined with players or other exceptions. If the BUlls make a move with Boozer now, they are not getting Melo,

If they try to use cap space they lose the bi annual/MLE and they still have cap holds that eat that ~13 million down to closer to 9.5.

SO you want the Bulls to get Melo by moving Boozer now? I guess the Bulls need to break out the mind control device and make Melo and the Knicks make a deal. Or Make Love and the Timberwolves make a deal. You do know other teams are trying to do the same thing.

You have oversimplified things far to much.

As I stated earlier magic wands are in short supply. Threads like this make Bulls fans seem spoiled. Get me X player now. I don't care how. I want my ice cream.

I don't know if the Bulls can get it done, but this is not making a PB & J. If it was so freaking easy more teams would do it.

Right now the Bulls are letting this play out. They have too. If they make a move with Boozer now you all but kiss Melo goodby.

Edit: If they had moved on Aflalo the Bulls would have no cap space at all. It would have been S&T only. Bosh is not coining the BUlls. No cap space and no way to get. The fact you think moving Boozer is resolves everything states volume. Boozer, although overpaid, does not turn the Bulls cap into rainbows and unicorns. They are still in cap hell.

Ariza and Granger.......OK.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
So you don't, you should just say. If they Trade Boozer they get a trade exception. That exception, assuming nothing comes back, is 16.8 million. If they use that exception to get a player they can only bring back 16.9 million. Does anyone think Melo is coming for 16.9 mllion. Trade exceptions cannot be combined with players or other exceptions. If the BUlls make a move with Boozer now, they are not getting Melo,

If they try to use cap space they lose the bi annual/MLE and they still have cap holds that eat that ~13 million down to closer to 9.5.

SO you want the Bulls to get Melo by moving Boozer now? I guess the Bulls need to break out the mind control device and make Melo and the Knicks make a deal. Or Make Love and the Timberwolves make a deal. You do know other teams are trying to do the same thing.

As I stated earlier magic wands are in short supply. Threads like this make Bulls fans seem spoiled. Get me X player now. I don't care how. I want my ice cream.

I don't know if the Bulls can get it done, but this is not making a PB & J. If it was so freaking easy more teams would do it.

Right now the Bulls are letting this play out. They have too. If they make a move with Boozer now you all but kiss Melo goodby.

Edit: If they had moved on Aflalo the Bulls would have no cap space at all. It would have been S&T only. Bosh is not coining the BUlls. No cap space and no way to get. The fact you think moving Boozer is resolves everything states volume. Boozer, although overpaid, does not turn the Bulls cap into rainbows and unicorns. They are still in cap hell.

Ariza and Granger.......OK.
Any plan to bring Carmelo here, that revolved around him playing for Boozer's contract was misguided and foolish. Everything you keep saying is that the "Bulls don't have the money", and then you keep trying to reinforce that idea by talking about losing MLE and BAE and cap holds blah-blah-blah. No matter how super complex the cba is, other teams seem to move around and make moves and the Bulls don't PERIOD.

Cap holds go away once the team renounce's its rights. I don't care about losing MLE and BAE and not being able to pay Mirotic. Ariza and Granger are better scorers than Jimmy Butler and good defenders that bring more to the team than Gasol/Marion. Houston manages Howard/Lin/Asik and Harden contracts with ease but the Bulls can't figure out to pay Melo....:smh:

You have to be the only cap expert I've seen anywhere to claim that trading the Bulls only gives the Bulls $9.5M because of cap holds but hey I'm obviously not the expert you are.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines

http://www.hoop365.com/nba/eastern-conference/atlantic-division/new-york-knicks/how-chicago-can-get-carmelo/
STEP ONE: Amnesty Carlos Boozer.

Thereby expunging his $16.8 million salary from the cap number, if not the payroll. Note that amnestying Boozer does not immediately put the Bulls under the salary cap, due to their assortment of cap holds. This will prove crucial, as will be seen and thoroughly explained below.

STEP TWO: A highly convoluted three team trade.

Bulls trade: Ronnie Brewer ($1,310,286 unguaranteed), Louis Amundson ($1,310,286 unguaranteed), Mike James ($1,448,490, unguaranteed), Greg Smith ($948,163), Tony Snell ($1,472,400), a signed-and-traded Kirk Hinrich (three year deal starting at $4,870,800 with 4.5% decreases totalling $13,954,842), two first round picks (see below) and $3.2 million in cash to New York. Also trade Mike Dunleavy Jr ($3,326,235) to Boston.

Bulls receive: A signed-and-traded Carmelo Anthony from New York. And something meaningless and arbitrary from Boston.

Knicks trade: A signed-and-traded Carmelo Anthony (four year deal starting at $19,686,660 with 4.5% raises for a total of $84,062,040) to Chicago.

Knicks receive: Hinrich, Snell, Smith, James, Amundson, Brewer, both first round picks and the cash.

Celtics trade: Something arbitrary like a top 55 protected second round pick.

Celtics receive: Mike Dunleavy Jr ($3,326,235, absorbed via Paul Pierce trade exception).
Notice how Carmelo get's paid close to a max contract $20M vs $17M, notice how Boozer doesn't have to be sign and traded. See how using creativity the Bulls can get Melo and still keep the players to contend. I'm not just pulling sh*t out of thin air as you seem to keep implying. If anything you are just over complicating the matter.

After all that manoeuvring, the Bulls are left with the following:

Carmelo Anthony – $19,686,660
Derrick Rose – $18,862,876
Joakim Noah – $12,700,000
Taj Gibson – $8,000,000
Nikola Mirotic – $5,305,000
Doug McDermott – $2,277,960
D.J. Augustin – $2,077,000
Jimmy Butler – $2,008,748
Anthony Randolph – $1,825,359
Cameron Bairstow – $507,336
Richard Hamilton (waived) – $333,334

TOTAL – $73,584,274

czman

Liked Posts:
Any plan to bring Carmelo here, that revolved around him playing for Boozer's contract was misguided and foolish. Everything you keep saying is that the "Bulls don't have the money", and then you keep trying to reinforce that idea by talking about losing MLE and BAE and cap holds blah-blah-blah. No matter how super complex the cba is, other teams seem to move around and make moves and the Bulls don't PERIOD.

Cap holds go away once the team renounce's its rights. I don't care about losing MLE and BAE and not being able to pay Mirotic. Ariza and Granger are better scorers than Jimmy Butler and good defenders that bring more to the team than Gasol/Marion. Houston manages Howard/Lin/Asik and Harden contracts with ease but the Bulls can't figure out to pay Melo....:smh:

You have to be the only cap expert I've seen anywhere to claim that trading the Bulls only gives the Bulls $9.5M because of cap holds but hey I'm obviously not the expert you are.

You have a league min cap hold for every player you roster post under 13. So if a team has 7 players under contract they have 6 cap holds at ~500k each. So ~3 mill. Cap holds for for the MLE and Bi-annual can be renounced. For roster spaces not so much.

The Bulls can move around the CBA. No one said they can't. They cannot make people want to come to the Bulls.

czman

Liked Posts:
http://www.hoop365.com/nba/eastern-conference/atlantic-division/new-york-knicks/how-chicago-can-get-carmelo/
Notice how Carmelo get's paid close to a max contract $20M vs $17M, notice how Boozer doesn't have to be sign and traded. See how using creativity the Bulls can get Melo and still keep the players to contend. I'm not just pulling sh*t out of thin air as you seem to keep implying. If anything you are just over complicating the matter.

The is not correct, I already corrected that in the other thread.

The Bulls need to send ~18 million out to give Melo the max and they need both teams under the apron.