My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Knicks Looking To Deal Stoudemire To Sixers
http://dimemag.com/2014/07/report-knicks-looking-trade-stoudemire-sixers/
The news is courtesy of the New York Post’s Marc Berman. As a sweetener for taking on Stoudemire’s $23.4 million contact for next season, Jackson has included the oft-shopped Iman Shumpert in his pitch to the Sixers brass.

Knicks president Phil Jackson is still trying to clear this year’s payroll and has looked at avenues to try to trade Amar’e Stoudemire’s expiring contract, already having contacted the obvious team, the 76ers.

The Sixers have $30 million in cap space and have made it known they’d be willing to accept an undesirable expiring contract if a pawn is thrown in.

The Knicks are still making moves, Houston has met with Bosh and offered him a max contract, the Lakers have offered a max contract to Melo, and the Bulls haven't done anything. They haven't even called the Knicks about doing a sign and trade yet!

GarPax are a disgrace and should be fired immediately. These bums haven't been able to move Boozer for two years now. They haven't made a real offer to Carmelo other than "We will make it work, if you commit to us". Its laughable that any free agent would trust that these losers will make anything work. They aren't even making plans in the event Carmelo rejects them and goes to Miami or L.A.

I don't know why more people aren't in an uproar about how these two are constantly failing at their jobs. I guess you all are blinded by their genius ability to draft Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler, as if that somehow makes up for all their other failures.

If Carmelo/Love are not on this team next season, GarPax should be GONE.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Clearly you have seen our interest in Pau and Marion :elephant:

czman

Liked Posts:
This goes to the point I made earlier. People think Boozer is untradeable. He is not. The Bulls have to be willing to give up assets to make the move happen.

The Bulls have been very reluctant to move future picks, can't remember the last time they did it. They are also do not actually seem like they are all in on anyone. The Bulls seem more like they will make a move for Melo, but only if it is a done in a very specific way.

Now to be fair they are playing it very safe. If they go all in and fail they could be much worse.

The reality though is if the Knicks move Stat and Bagnani and get Melo and Gasol in there; are they any good? I am serious, yes they have Melo. They had Melo last season and missed the playoffs. Gasol is a good player, but how much does he have left. They would have no future cap space. No young talent. Probably lose a pick.

If Melo resigns with the Knicks the Knicks and Melo will both regret the move in 2 years.

As much as people don't like what the Bulls have done. Look around the league and see what some of the other teams have done. The Knicks got Melo and did nothing. They are about to keep him and do nothing. The Lakers had Howard and lost him. The Rockets picked up Howard and Harden and can't get out of the first round.

Let's not lose our minds because the Bulls don't get Melo. Melo is not Lebron James or Kevin Durant. Melo does not even guarantee a playoff birth in a shit East.

No one can make players want to play for a cheap owner. No one can make the owner want to go all in for a ring.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trading Boozer without getting Melo only helps us by allowing us to stay over the cap to sign Mirotic with the MLE. Who are we going to get with that space that would actually make a difference? It'd just go to overpaying some other player that won't make us better.

Also the Sixers are stupid...or trying to ensure they have lots of cap space next year for something because that trade makes no sense for them otherwise since Shumpert is on the last year of his deal.

Also NY Post...anything that makes it look like the Knicks will keep Melo right?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't jump off a bridge until this actually happens.

The Knicks have very little (if any) assets to give Philly along with Amare and the 76ers are not going to accommodate their division rival just because.

Just wait until the smoke clears before you jump on GarPax regarding this off-season.

czman

Liked Posts:
Trading Boozer without getting Melo only helps us by allowing us to stay over the cap to sign Mirotic with the MLE. Who are we going to get with that space that would actually make a difference? It'd just go to overpaying some other player that won't make us better.

I could see the Bulls bringing Deng back. I know this is going to be unpopular, but if the Bulls strike out on Melo I think they should keep Boozer. Use the MLE on the Euro kid. Give the Biannual to someone.

Closer to the deadline see if they can get in on the Love sweepstakes.

If they cannot, just use the cap space next season. I don't want to see the Bulls overpay Deng/Steveson/ect. The only player I think makes sense is Parsons, but when the Rockets strike out on Bosh, Parsons will be signed.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I could see the Bulls bringing Deng back. I know this is going to be unpopular, but if the Bulls strike out on Melo I think they should keep Boozer. Use the MLE on the Euro kid. Give the Biannual to someone.

Closer to the deadline see if they can get in on the Love sweepstakes.

If they cannot, just use the cap space next season. I don't want to see the Bulls overpay Deng/Steveson/ect. The only player I think makes sense is Parsons, but when the Rockets strike out on Bosh, Parsons will be signed.

Agreed.

I like Deng, but his asking price is too high for what he brings to the table. I know he was an All Star, but he's probably literally the worst All Star ever.

I'll take standing pat, bringing Mirotic via MLE and DJ with BAE and going for Love at the trade deadline with Boozer's contract and Snell/Dunleavy/multiple picks. If we strike out then, we can go after Love in FA with Boozer's contract then off the books entirely and we can look at S&Ts with Gibson and Mirotic or whatever else to clear the rest of the room to just sign him outright. Imo that's a better plan than going for some scrub like Ariza or whoever.

sicko

Liked Posts:
They probably want too much for Boozer but it shouldn't be hard to move a damn expiring contract:shrug:

It think waiting for Melo to comment to free up money is a terrible strategy, you see how Rockets moved Asik right away before Free Agency started now they can afford to offer Bosh the MAX:smh:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
"The Bulls haven't done anything"

Same guy posted in the thread "Bulls visiting Gasol in LA"

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you see how Rockets moved Asik right away before Free Agency started now they can afford to offer Bosh the MAX:smh:

You mean took advantage of NO's stupidity? Who the heck gives up a 1st for that contract?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean took advantage of NO's stupidity? Who the heck gives up a 1st for that contract?

The cap number for NO next year is only 8mil....while I don't love the trade for NO- I've seen worse.

czman

Liked Posts:
They probably want too much for Boozer but it shouldn't be hard to move a damn expiring contract:shrug:

It think waiting for Melo to comment to free up money is a terrible strategy, you see how Rockets moved Asik right away before Free Agency started now they can afford to offer Bosh the MAX:smh:

The Rockets cannot offer the Max yet. They would have still have to shed about what Boozers contract is.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Rockets cannot offer the Max yet. They would have still have to shed about what Boozers contract is.

It sounds as if Philly or Milwaukee will take on Lin w/open arms.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
This goes to the point I made earlier. People think Boozer is untradeable. He is not. The Bulls have to be willing to give up assets to make the move happen.

The Bulls have been very reluctant to move future picks, can't remember the last time they did it. They are also do not actually seem like they are all in on anyone. The Bulls seem more like they will make a move for Melo, but only if it is a done in a very specific way.

Now to be fair they are playing it very safe. If they go all in and fail they could be much worse.

The reality though is if the Knicks move Stat and Bagnani and get Melo and Gasol in there; are they any good? I am serious, yes they have Melo. They had Melo last season and missed the playoffs. Gasol is a good player, but how much does he have left. They would have no future cap space. No young talent. Probably lose a pick.

If Melo resigns with the Knicks the Knicks and Melo will both regret the move in 2 years.

As much as people don't like what the Bulls have done. Look around the league and see what some of the other teams have done. The Knicks got Melo and did nothing. They are about to keep him and do nothing. The Lakers had Howard and lost him. The Rockets picked up Howard and Harden and can't get out of the first round.

Let's not lose our minds because the Bulls don't get Melo. Melo is not Lebron James or Kevin Durant. Melo does not even guarantee a playoff birth in a shit East.

No one can make players want to play for a cheap owner. No one can make the owner want to go all in for a ring.
Whether Melo is KD/LBJ is irrelevent. The point is that the Bulls have repeatedly failed to improve their team under the leadership of Gar/Pax. You seem content to accept that the Bulls "aren't all in" on any one player, meanwhile other major market teams are constantly making moves to get better.

The Knicks were in a horrible situation 3 months ago and today they are actually clearing out multiple contracts that are as bad or worse than Boozer's is. This is bigger than Carmelo, its about having incompetent leadership that lucked into a #1 pick in 2008 and are still depending on luck to get better today. Melo/Love are the best options this team has to take the next step and if GarPax can't compete with Knicks/Heat/Lakers/Rockets type organizations, then they need to be fired and replaced with someone who can do more than keep the team profitable.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whether Melo is KD/LBJ is irrelevent. The point is that the Bulls have repeatedly failed to improve their team under the leadership of Gar/Pax. You seem content to accept that the Bulls "aren't all in" on any one player, meanwhile other major market teams are constantly making moves to get better.

The Knicks were in a horrible situation 3 months ago and today they are actually clearing out multiple contracts that are as bad or worse than Boozer's is. This is bigger than Carmelo, its about having incompetent leadership that lucked into a #1 pick in 2008 and are still depending on luck to get better today. Melo/Love are the best options this team has to take the next step and if GarPax can't compete with Knicks/Heat/Lakers/Rockets type organizations, then they need to be fired and replaced with someone who can do more than keep the team profitable.

They have?

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Clearly you have seen our interest in Pau and Marion :elephant:
I purposely left out Gasol and Marion, I don't even consider signing bench players worthy of conversation. I'm talking about teams making major upgrades and people want to counter me with "What about Gasol". You can't be serious.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
They have?
Tyson Chandler's contract was as bad as Boozer's and he's gone, and they are now working on Amare and Bargniani's contracts which are worse than Boozers.

sicko

Liked Posts:

True but they at least started to free up money, moving Lin won't be hard at all I am sure

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The point is that the Bulls have repeatedly failed to improve their team under the leadership of Gar/Pax.

Especially in 2010...those jerks didn't win us the title

czman

Liked Posts:

I never stated I was content. I am just not mad about things that happened 3 years ago. The reality is the Bulls screwed up when they let all Asik/Korver/Watson/Brewer/Marco/Hamilton all go for nothing. If they had contracts they would be in a position to make a sign and trade or a move for Love.

A lot of people on here bought the "flexability" BS that was shoveled at the time. Hell I was railing against it at the time and people on this very board told me to shut up and that I did not know what I was talking about.

The reality is the Bulls were never going to have cap space. Moving Boozer does not get you a max contract.

Now fans, who bought the BS are upset that the Bulls are not in position to get Melo. They never were. This was evident 3 years ago. I have had time to adjust. Not my problem you did not listen along the way and you are finally realizing that was present for a long time. If the Bulls had another 3 or 4 players at 3-5 million they could make moves for more talent. Maybe Love. Maybe Melo. maybe Howard when he was available. Maybe Aldridge last season. They did not have the contracts and they were never going to have the space.

The Bulls are here because they are cheap. They are here because they have an owner who wants to be as good as possible without paying the tax. That is not how team win.

You are blaming the wrong people.