Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
LaMarcus Aldridge tells The Oregonian he will not sign a contract extension with #Blazers this offseason, but plans to do so next summer.

Aldridge said it makes most sense financially to wait because he can sign for more years (5) and make more money ($108 million) next year.

LaMarcus Aldridge said he wants to finish his career in Portland. One reason why: "I want to be the best Blazer. Ever."

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Supposedly, he "plans" on signing an extension after this season

A lot can change between now & then.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
"I want to be the best Blazer. Ever."

It's weird that LaMarcus has never heard of Scottie Pippen : )

In all seriousness, though, that's actually pretty cool of him, saying he fully plans to re-sign next year, instead of playing games and saying something like, "Well, time will tell."

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
At least the Bulls had Tyrus Thomas instead!

And there were so many experts who couldn't get enough of Tyrus, mister upside. He's why you see the Bulls drafting seniors now. But probably he is no doubt one of the worst decisions in team history.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
GarPax would like to remind you all that Taj and Jimmy Butler are much better than they were expected to be...:woot:

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
And there were so many experts who couldn't get enough of Tyrus, mister upside. He's why you see the Bulls drafting seniors now. But probably he is no doubt one of the worst decisions in team history.

Yup, he was super athletic, but couldn't play basketball worth a lick.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Actually that is a potential strike against Phil Jackson's master plan as well. Phil can't guarantee availability of his targets in the future. Hopefully Melo realizes this.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This is the second time the Bulls have crossed LaMarcus off their list.. Sigh.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think this is pretty funny considering that about a year ago, Aldridge was whining about having no help around him and wanting to force a trade (remember the Noah for Aldridge rumors?), then his team magically overachieved after a hot start and now he wants to be the best Blazer ever? Max money and that extra year will do that to a guy.
Have fun never winning a ring and being the best player on a few 50-win teams.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
I think this is pretty funny considering that about a year ago, Aldridge was whining about having no help around him and wanting to force a trade (remember the Noah for Aldridge rumors?), then his team magically overachieved after a hot start and now he wants to be the best Blazer ever? Max money and that extra year will do that to a guy.
Have fun never winning a ring and being the best player on a few 50-win teams.

Lillard is legit. Clutch. And Lamarcus are the real deal. They've drafted well and it's presumptious to think Portland can't improve by continuing to do it the old fashioned way through smart drafting and keeping the right guys to get to the finals. I think they have a chance to win a ring with the team they've built. They were out classed by a veteran laden Spurs team that is not getting any younger at the impact positions and Parker, Manu, and Timmy aren't playing forever. Houston doesn't "have it" I just don't see Dwight at the guy to win it and feel Orlando's run to the '09 finals was a fluke. Dallas is getting older, Lakers have bottomed out, OKC is at that level just below championship since Harden peaced out. With two young players who are stars in a low key yet great city like Portland they sky is the limit. I think they could be the 90s Sonics but with rings in 3,4 years.

KPBears

Liked Posts:
Good news for the Bulls. LA is Carlos Boozer plus two good playoff games. Whoever gives him a max is going to regret it.