OT: The Bleachers… need to know info?

SprayinCorkSammy

Liked Posts:
Hi everyone,

New to the boards here.. Been searching Chicago sports websites/forums for awhile now and this looks to be one of the best.

I'm from AZ, but been a Chicago fan my whole life (both parents are from Chicago) Anyways, I'm gonna be back in town for my first Cubs game in a couple years.. I've never sat in the bleachers, and was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind giving me a quick rundown of them..

Is best place to sit right field? Say if I wanted to get a seat in the first row closest to the ivy, how early would I need to enter the stadium? An hour before game time? More than an hour? It's gonna be a 1:20pm game on a Thursday, July 31st vs the Rockies.. but there might be a lot of visitors in town to attend Lollapalooza so I'm not sure how fast they usually fill up.

I saw I can still buy tickets on the website for the bleachers for around $40.. Was also curious if that would be my best bet in advance or can I possibly get them cheaper off a scalper day of since they're out of the playoff picture.

Any help with need to know bleacher info would be appreciated.. Sorry in advance if this post belongs in another forum.

And i know it may sound weird but hey if anyone is attending that game as well and wants to meet up and sit in the bleachers and pound some beers before the game let me know… I will be solo, but promise I'm not a nutcase lol.. My girlfriend isn't traveling with me this trip, and I'm staying with a friend near Wrigleyville but he isn't getting back into town until the weekend so I'm heading to this game by myself but am gonna make the most of it.

Thanks in advance.. Cant wait to be back in the best city of them all !

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Hi everyone,

New to the boards here.. Been searching Chicago sports websites/forums for awhile now and this looks to be one of the best.

I'm from AZ, but been a Chicago fan my whole life (both parents are from Chicago) Anyways, I'm gonna be back in town for my first Cubs game in a couple years.. I've never sat in the bleachers, and was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind giving me a quick rundown of them..

Is best place to sit right field? Say if I wanted to get a seat in the first row closest to the ivy, how early would I need to enter the stadium? An hour before game time? More than an hour? It's gonna be a 1:20pm game on a Thursday, July 31st vs the Rockies.. but there might be a lot of visitors in town to attend Lollapalooza so I'm not sure how fast they usually fill up.

I saw I can still buy tickets on the website for the bleachers for around $40.. Was also curious if that would be my best bet in advance or can I possibly get them cheaper off a scalper day of since they're out of the playoff picture.

Any help with need to know bleacher info would be appreciated.. Sorry in advance if this post belongs in another forum.

And i know it may sound weird but hey if anyone is attending that game as well and wants to meet up and sit in the bleachers and pound some beers before the game let me know… I will be solo, but promise I'm not a nutcase lol.. My girlfriend isn't traveling with me this trip, and I'm staying with a friend near Wrigleyville but he isn't getting back into town until the weekend so I'm heading to this game by myself but am gonna make the most of it.

Thanks in advance.. Cant wait to be back in the best city of them all !

Get their as soon as they let you in as you will have to stand in line. I would suggest getting their for batting practice as to catch balls that leave the yard. I personally liked the RF bleachers in the afternoon as the sun wasn't directly in may face. If you are going at night, forget anything I just said as anywhere is okay in the bleachers especially if you are close to the front.

Beer is a little farther away, but when you're up at the stand, just grab three instead of one. :elephant:

SprayinCorkSammy

Liked Posts:
Get their as soon as they let you in as you will have to stand in line. I would suggest getting their for batting practice as to catch balls that leave the yard. I personally liked the RF bleachers in the afternoon as the sun wasn't directly in may face. If you are going at night, forget anything I just said as anywhere is okay in the bleachers especially if you are close to the front.

Beer is a little farther away, but when you're up at the stand, just grab three instead of one. :elephant:

Ok, thanks for the info.. Do the bleachers open 90 minutes prior to game time, or do I need to get there earlier than that? And would you say once the bleachers are open for an early afternoon game all the close right field seats will be taken?
It will be a 1:20pm early afternoon game.. hopefully not too packed but hopefully not too sunny either. Do plan on getting down there about 10am or so and slamming some brews. Definitely don't mind buying 3 at once (only problem will be constantly having to take a piss).. I normally sneak in a flask as well but figure i will take it semi easy so I can do something at night instead of vomiting, lol.

Thanks for your help.. If anyone has any more tips/info I would love to hear it.. thanks guys.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Ok, thanks for the info.. Do the bleachers open 90 minutes prior to game time, or do I need to get there earlier than that? And would you say once the bleachers are open for an early afternoon game all the close right field seats will be taken?
It will be a 1:20pm early afternoon game.. hopefully not too packed but hopefully not too sunny either. Do plan on getting down there about 10am or so and slamming some brews. Definitely don't mind buying 3 at once (only problem will be constantly having to take a piss).. I normally sneak in a flask as well but figure i will take it semi easy so I can do something at night instead of vomiting, lol.

Thanks for your help.. If anyone has any more tips/info I would love to hear it.. thanks guys.

Been a while since I went, but I believe it was two hours before when the gates opened up. We got their early in the morning and went to Berney's and slammed a few brews and ate some dogs in the court yard. You will have to get in line early though, if you want a seat up front. You'd be surprised how
fast the line fills up for seating.

Slam a few fast (drink it through a straw) for a buzz, head over to the park, stand in line, then run to your seats and drink like a fish all day long. :parrot:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Skip the game and get tickets for the White Sox when they are in town. :soxtroll: