Toews and Kane Ink 8-year Deals

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
One thing, though: this is definitely the final year of that initial "core" of Sharp-Toews-Kane-Keith-Seabrook.

Sharp and/or Seabrook are likely going to have to be moved to make room for those deals by next summer. They've got one more crack at the chalice as a group.

Can't wait til October.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And if you'd like to feel a bit better about these deals, just think of it this way:

Toews, Kane, and Keith are now all locked up through 2023 for a total of $26.5 million. That's about $8.8 million apiece for three guys who could very well end up in the Hall of Fame.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stan's overpayments coming back to bite him in the ass.

Crawf at 6 mil & Bickell at 4 mil..:puke:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stan's overpayments coming back to bite him in the ass.

Crawf at 6 mil & Bickell at 4 mil..:puke:

Serious question, when is the last time you thought a hockey deal was good?

lol every time I see you post about a hockey contract you say the guy got overpaid.... not saying you are wrong all the time, but cmon.... if every contract was overpaid we would not be a competitive hockey team that was 1 OT goal from da Cup.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mark my words, the Blackhawks are done, finished :will:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

lol every time I see you post about a hockey contract you say the guy got overpaid.... not saying you are wrong all the time, but cmon.... if every contract was overpaid we would not be a competitive hockey team that was 1 OT goal from da Cup.

He hate da Stan Man......

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
bickel is a tradeable asset for draft picks how is that a bad deal?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Joe doesn't have opinions, only feelings of cynicism that manifest as statements.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
So bury Roszival, and send Versteeg to Europe ala that French goalie (Huet) mistake that they made --- replace from Rockford (seems pretty easily done) - fixed.

No problem, math-wise.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
So bury Roszival, and send Versteeg to Europe ala that French goalie (Huet) mistake that they made --- replace from Rockford (seems pretty easily done) - fixed.

No problem, math-wise.

Problems for Rocky, but it's not like he can't dry up an extra 4 mil.

That won't happen though because you can't just stash bad contracts entirely and avoid their cap hit. 1 or both getting traded is basically all that's needed to fit the cap.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
And if you'd like to feel a bit better about these deals, just think of it this way:

Toews, Kane, and Keith are now all locked up through 2023 for a total of $26.5 million. That's about $8.8 million apiece for three guys who could very well end up in the Hall of Fame.

What are we gonna do in 2023 though?

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
There's no problem with these fucking deals. Once the new Canadian TV contract takes effect next offseason, the salary cap will increase substantially, and 10.5 per for 2 top 5 players will seem like a deal.