Blackhawks Prospect Camp July 13-18

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Kicks off this Sunday and will run until next Friday, with all practices at Johnny's Ice House West in Chicago (That's 2550 W. Madison, by the way) and all practices will be open to the public.

Official rosters not out yet, but I did see a report late last week that said Kevin Hayes will not be attending camp, which obviously does not bode well for the prospects of him signing in Chicago by the August 15th deadline.

The big name, of course, is Teuvo Teravainen. Will be interesting to see if he plays at center or at wing.

What other big names are you looking forward to seeing?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping McNeill impresses, and can fill out a spot on the bottom 6.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
BsbrUm7CUAIrWQ_.jpg

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
I did not attend the camp but from the first hand reports I've read on other message boards, here are a few things:

Hayden was very impressive again (he was impressive last prospect camp too). Scored some goals and had a couple fights.

Johns and Clendening both look good.

Teravainen has gained a few pounds and still looks very good. He was playing LW today with Rasmussen at C and Hartman at RW.

Schmaltz still a long way from NHL ready, but he has very good offensive skills.

Dahlstrom has been impressive.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I did not attend the camp but from the first hand reports I've read on other message boards, here are a few things:

Hayden was very impressive again (he was impressive last prospect camp too). Scored some goals and had a couple fights.

Johns and Clendening both look good.

Teravainen has gained a few pounds and still looks very good. He was playing LW today with Rasmussen at C and Hartman at RW.

Schmaltz still a long way from NHL ready, but he has very good offensive skills.

Dahlstrom has been impressive.

Saw those reports as well about Teuvo playing wing today, but I think that was the first I'd heard of it happening this week.

Real, real excited about the next wave of prospects coming through the organization. Don't think it's long before guys like Teuvo, Johns, Clendening, McNeill, etc., will be making impacts in Chicago instead of Rockford.