LeBron: I'm coming back to Cleveland

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just remembered that Lebron made the Heat draft Shabazz this year :lol: .

Now, I'm wondering what ESPN will do with the 'Heat Index'.

Technically they traded for him. In which they gave up more draft picks. Lol.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@WojYahooNBA: Pau Gasol, Chicago working to complete an agreement, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How long until we get a 30 on 30 on this?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't see why Cleveland fans need to apologize. It was classless the way he left. He got what he deserved in backlash. The only thing fans have to account for is burning their jerseys like idiots. Now they have to spend more money on a new jersey. Jokes on them.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
interesting he signed a 2 year deal with an opt out after one

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Don't see why Cleveland fans need to apologize. It was classless the way he left. He got what he deserved in backlash. The only thing fans have to account for is burning their jerseys like idiots. Now they have to spend more money on a new jersey. Jokes on them.

Lebron leaving as a free agent in 2010 was "classless," compared to the actions of Dan Gilbert, the Cavaliers front office, the fans, and several elected officials from the state of Ohio????

LetsGoMavsShirt-300x201.jpg

Cavs-for-Mavs.jpeg

t1larg.kasich.declaration.ohio.jpg

9dx2r.jpg

burning-lebron-james-jersey.jpg

Dear Cleveland, all of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers supporters wherever you may be tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several-day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: "I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA Championship before the self-titled former 'king' wins one."

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our homegrown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland. Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day...

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue...

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/gilberts_letter_to_fans_james.html

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What exactly does everyone else's reaction to his decision have to do with Lebron putting his goofy ass on TV to say "I'm taking my talents to South Beach." He is still an idiot in my book. The again I never liked him soooo.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
What exactly does everyone else's reaction to his decision have to do with Lebron putting his goofy ass on TV to say "I'm taking my talents to South Beach." He is still an idiot in my book. The again I never liked him soooo.

ESPN decided to tape his "Decision," which in part he used to raise money for various charities in the process.

Gilbert and the people listed above actions were much worse than Lebron's.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If they not up to his standards, he may opt out next summer.

I doubt that. But then again, I doubted he would come back to Cleveland so soon. I don't fucking know with this guy.

Edit: On second thought, he won't. LeBron is actually a little conscious about how he pissed off fans 4 years ago and doesn't want to do the same again. I think he's more mature now and will stick with the team.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I doubt that. But then again, I doubted he would come back to Cleveland so soon. I don't fucking know with this guy.

Edit: On second thought, he won't. LeBron is actually a little conscious about how he pissed off fans 4 years ago and doesn't want to do the same again. I think he's more mature now and will stick with the team.

Yeah I read that its for financial reasons. If he signs long term after the NBA signs a new tv deal in 2016 he can make more simply because the revenue will raise. Or something like that but it basically boils down to making more money if he signs long term in 2016 after the new TV deal.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah I read that its for financial reasons. If he signs long term after the NBA signs a new tv deal in 2016 he can make more simply because the revenue will raise. Or something like that but it basically boils down to making more money if he signs long term in 2016 after the new TV deal.

That's interesting.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
That's interesting.

This is the article http://fansided.com/2014/07/12/why-did-lebron-james-sign-cavaliers-two-years/#!bdSpB8

LeBron James has agreed to his deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers but it’s not the deal we thought he’d be signing.
More From NBA

According to Brian Windhorst from ESPN.com, the Cavaliers signed James to a two-year deal that could make him a free agent in 2016 if he doesn’t adjust his deal before then.

As part of the deal, James will have an option to become a free agent next summer but is fully committed to the Cavs long term, sources said.

This all begs the question of why LeBron only took a two-year deal over the max four-year. The answer, as Windhorst points out, is that LeBron isn’t willing to handicap the team’s future by taking up a huge amount of money now. It’s something he did in Miami to help make the Big 3 happen and it’s something he’s doing again to make sure Cleveland can continue to add and retain talent that helps them win titles.

Per Windhorst again:

Depending on how the new television contracts are put together, the salary cap is projected to leap to as high as $80 million in 2016. There is also uncertainty with the current collective bargaining agreement starting in 2017, another reason James wanted to keep his long-term options open when it comes to the structure of his contract.

So while it may seem that LeBron is setting himself up for another run at free agency in the near future, his team-friendly contract is actually a lot less sinister than it may appear on the surface. If anything, it’s an economical move that helps the Cavaliers out long-term and serves as the first instance where Cavs fans are just going to have to trust LeBron James and take him for his word.