Gasol to the Bulls in a sign and trade

ginny

Liked Posts:
The real meat of the negotiations with Melo and the Bulls is the Melo camp trying to get Gar/Pax to drop the "no head band rule"

If Gar/Pax drop it...deal is done.

But seriously, I think if it were all about the money, Melo would have re-upped with the Knicks already. He might do just that anyway, but I think the Bulls are still in this...

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I think the Bulls management has dealt with enough stupid players to not be fooled by Anthony. And I don't think Joe Cowley does anything but read rumors on Twitter and the internet because he doesn't have source one.

Anthony never said publicly that he wanted to come to the Bulls, what good would that do except to make it obvious he was playing a game trying to the max out of Jackson. Lebron James never publicly said he was considering going back to Cleveland. At some point the agents for these players get it through to their clients to shut the fuck up and let them see what kind of deal they can swing. What a player like Anthony doesn't get is that his agent has other clients he's trying to get the best landing pad and most money for so he can't piss off other teams because he has hopes of slotting in lesser clients with them using the money they aren't going to be investing in the big names like Anthony. Whoever Anthony's agent is he's probably got FAs he's trying to place and if the Bulls send Boozer or Randolph to LAL that may shut some of his clients out so he's got to find teams with room to sign his guys.

I'm wondering if there's a team that would be interested in Steve Nash. Because if the Bulls sign Gasol for like $7 million the Lakers would have to shed some money to take Boozer's 16.8 plus maybe Randolph and Dunleavy so what about making Nash' $9.8 million part of the deal going elsewhere and maybe getting something that would be of interest to the Knicks?

Obviously Anthony isn't making a choice and they're clear. I still can't give up thinking there are more complicated wheels in motion that the Bulls are trying to piece together to get both Gasol and Anthony and it's not just Melo wringing his hands not sure of what he wants to do or waiting until he can have a big day on ESPN.

sicko

Liked Posts:
It sucks having to wait for a damn decision :smh:

make up your mind already, Melo seems to be dragging the hell out of this thing

As for Gasol, would love to have him in Chicago always thought he would fit perfectly with this team but Gasol is not the same Gasol he was during That Championship run when they beat the Celtics but still can provide Offense and be a #2 Guy Offensively when Healthy

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I can't even picture Gasol in a Bulls uniform. That's just how much I don't want him or like this signing.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Lebron and Bosh are such good friends that they both took the max on different teams and left Wade hanging.

Bosh is going back to Miami.

I don't think we're out of the running yet. It just doesn't make any sense for Melo to return to the Knicks other than for money purposes. The only good FAs in the next class are Aldridge, Love, M Gasol, and Rondo. Love may very well end up in Cleveland and the consensus is that Aldridge is going to stay in Portland. Melo would be staying to bank on Jackson signing Rondo or Gasol, even if they got both they aren't winning a title.

And if Melo was all about the money like a lot of you think he is, he would have committed to the Knicks over a week ago.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
for me I still think Anthony is coming cause otherwise why would he wait all this time to announce his return to NY who offered him MAX money..

I think Anthony sudden wait of making his announcement on Thursday when he said he would was because that when the Bulls were in talks with Gasol.
I think Anthony was intrigued by the idea of playing along side Gasol and wanted to wait and see if the Bulls could work out a deal with LA for him.

as far as the money and cap goes, I would think obviously boozer is involved with a S&T but its possible Dunleavy may be involved too to open up more cap space .
the bulls are also loaded with PF, so its possible players like Amundson, Randolph, Smith, or Bairstow could be involved in the trade

also, I think that possibly Gasol and Anthony agents worked out an agreeable contract between their clients to make it work for the Bulls to be able to add both.

looking at the possible roster with the addition of Gasol and Melo, no wonder Melo was having a hard time deciding between NY (money) and Chicago ( Ring)

G. Rose
G. Butler
F. Anthony
F. Gasol
C. Noah

F. Gibson
F. Mirotic
F. McDermott
G. Snell

Hinrich just may rethink about taking the MLE to come back now..

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Bosh is going back to Miami.

I don't think we're out of the running yet. It just doesn't make any sense for Melo to return to the Knicks other than for money purposes. The only good FAs in the next class are Aldridge, Love, M Gasol, and Rondo. Love may very well end up in Cleveland and the consensus is that Aldridge is going to stay in Portland. Melo would be staying to bank on Jackson signing Rondo or Gasol, even if they got both they aren't winning a title.

And if Melo was all about the money like a lot of you think he is, he would have committed to the Knicks over a week ago.

Last part was spot on. If he would have resigned with the Knicks last week, it makes sense. This week though, i mean, why? Why would you wait this long, after you opted out weeks ago, after you've known what everyone else has to offer for over a week, to just go back to your quick money and a team who wasted your talents for 2 seasons? He must love this drama, or his agents are waiting for something else to happen.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
for me I still think Anthony is coming cause otherwise why would he wait all this time to announce his return to NY who offered him MAX money..

I think Anthony sudden wait of making his announcement on Thursday when he said he would was because that when the Bulls were in talks with Gasol.
I think Anthony was intrigued by the idea of playing along side Gasol and wanted to wait and see if the Bulls could work out a deal with LA for him.

as far as the money and cap goes, I would think obviously boozer is involved with a S&T but its possible Dunleavy may be involved too to open up more cap space .
the bulls are also loaded with PF, so its possible players like Amundson, Randolph, Smith, or Bairstow could be involved in the trade

also, I think that possibly Gasol and Anthony agents worked out an agreeable contract between their clients to make it work for the Bulls to be able to add both.

looking at the possible roster with the addition of Gasol and Melo, no wonder Melo was having a hard time deciding between NY (money) and Chicago ( Ring)

G. Rose
G. Butler
F. Anthony
F. Gasol
C. Noah

F. Gibson
F. Mirotic
F. McDermott
G. Snell

Hinrich just may rethink about taking the MLE to come back now..

If Gasol comes here, it's pretty much a guarantee that Taj is gone. It makes no sense to have Taj, Mirotic, and Gasol.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Last part was spot on. If he would have resigned with the Knicks last week, it makes sense. This week though, i mean, why? Why would you wait this long, after you opted out weeks ago, after you've known what everyone else has to offer for over a week, to just go back to your quick money and a team who wasted your talents for 2 seasons? He must love this drama, or his agents are waiting for something else to happen.

The obvious answer for him waiting is he was hoping to be able to team up wit LeBron. Since going to Cleveland yesterday, Melo wanted to not be outshined by the Cleveland signing.

I think he signs this weekend. Now where is another question.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
GV3wa5B.jpg

"Ummm... how do I even fit in with this roster?"

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Being reported as straight up signing with some outlets reporting bulls are not getting anthony.

Celks

Liked Posts:
Being reported as straight up signing with some outlets reporting bulls are not getting anthony.

People need to start posting the source with the information they share with everyone else. For all I know you could have heard that from a homeless man.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
So do the Bulls still plan on amnestying Boozer, Reinsdorf doesn't just want to pay him to leave but what if nobody wants him?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
By K.C. Johnson, Tribune reporter

10:04 a.m. CDT, July 12, 2014

The Bulls are working to finalize an agreement with Pau Gasol, and league sources said a sign-and-trade acquisition has been discussed with the Lakers.

Though the Lakers would have to nimbly execute several transactions that started with Friday's agreement to trade for the Rockets' Jeremy Lin, a league source indicated the Bulls have discussed sending Mike Dunleavy and the non-guaranteed contracts of Mike James, Lou Amundsen and Ronnie Brewer to the Lakers.

If this happens, the Bulls would be able to address wing depth and possibly sign Nikola Mirotic with other resources.

The Spanish national daily newspaper Marca said Gasol could take a physical within the next few days.

The Bulls have been in the hunt for Carmelo Anthony and are waiting for that conclusion, which could come Saturday. It's unlikely but possible that the Bulls could acquire Gasol and Anthony, although the Knicks are still considered the favorites to re-sign Anthony

guess its possible they could do a S&T with NY for dunleavy, Taj or Boozer

chibears55

Liked Posts:

most reports are just assumption that the bulls wont have enough money to get Anthony if they bring in Gasol..

I think once we know what the deal is for Gasol, may make it a bit clearer whether or not there still a shot at Anthony..

I just don't see why Melo would wait all this time to take NY money and why the Bulls would jump on Gasol now knowing Melo is still somewhat deciding..

I guess to answer my own question.. Lebron took the spot light Friday, Melo tells Bulls he signing with NY, Bulls go after plan B in Gasol and takes spot light today, and Melo will make his announcement on Monday he signinig with NY and take spot light then.

if signng a 34 YO PF/C is our biggest acquisition this year with McDermott and Mrotic, I just don't see much of a difference then last year except maybe a full year of Rose and Gasol being a bit more of a presence inside then boozer

Thunderfoot

Liked Posts:
most reports are just assumption that the bulls wont have enough money to get Anthony if they bring in Gasol..

I think once we know what the deal is for Gasol, may make it a bit clearer whether or not there still a shot at Anthony..

I just don't see why Melo would wait all this time to take NY money and why the Bulls would jump on Gasol now knowing Melo is still somewhat deciding..

I guess to answer my own question.. Lebron took the spot light Friday, Melo tells Bulls he signing with NY, Bulls go after plan B in Gasol and takes spot light today, and Melo will make his announcement on Monday he signinig with NY and take spot light then.

if signng a 34 YO PF/C is our biggest acquisition this year with McDermott and Mrotic, I just don't see much of a difference then last year except maybe a full year of Rose and Gasol being a bit more of a presence inside then boozer

I think we'll have better overall play out of the 4 and 5 slots, not to mention if Thibs wants to go tall, Gasol and play the 3 also. I don't think we are going to get much out of Mirotic this year.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Idk if this was mentioned, but David Aldridge had a tweet out earlier today that Pau to Chicago was going to be done at some point today. Kill me now.

czman

Liked Posts:
If Melo is out there is not much the Bulls can do. I would rather have the cap space next season. I hope Gasol returns to what he used to be. The Bulls are going to suck at the 2/3 this season. No way for a championship if you can's score or shoot on the wings.