Gasol to the Bulls in a sign and trade

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I actually think think this is an ok signing. People marveled at San Antonio's passing. Gasol, Noah, McDermott, and Mirotic can all pass. Noah and Gasol both have the mobility to play away from the basket. Mirotic and MacDermott can each shoot. All of this spaces the floor. Boozer was bothered by length. More specifically, before he joined the Bulls, he struggled against Gasol, Bynum, and Odom because of their length. Gasol is better than Boozer at scoring in the paint. This interior scoring was always something the Bulls lacked in a playoff series vs the Heat. Taj can guard a lot of SFs. There's a lot of flexibility on the roster now and a lot more skill. They don't have much athleticism at wing though.

I agree. Obviously, losing Melo was disappointing but Gasol is an improvement over Boozer in many ways and gives the Bulls the best front court rotation in basketball. The only weakness is really at the 2 guard position...The Bulls have been looking for a 2 guard since Jordan left...

Liked Posts:
I agree. Obviously, losing Melo was disappointing but Gasol is an improvement over Boozer in many ways and gives the Bulls the best front court rotation in basketball. The only weakness is really at the 2 guard position...The Bulls have been looking for a 2 guard since Jordan left...

What they should do is add a SG who can push he ball up the court. It would make it easier on Rose to have him play the 2 from time to time. It's easier to guard him when he's the primary ball handler. It can't be someone really short though because it would become problematic.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
What they should do is add a SG who can push he ball up the court. It would make it easier on Rose to have him play the 2 from time to time. It's easier to guard him when he's the primary ball handler. It can't be someone really short though because it would become problematic.

Jerryd Bayless could play the 2 and move to PG to back up rose. He can light it up in a hurry. Would love for him to come to the Bulls.

Liked Posts:
Jerryd Bayless could play the 2 and move to PG to back up rose. He can light it up in a hurry. Would love for him to come to the Bulls.

Maybe. But what about Tyreke Evans? I was actually a proponent of drafting zach LaVine with this idea in mind.

But above all else, not Hinrich.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Maybe. But what about Tyreke Evans? I was actually a proponent of drafting zach LaVine with this idea in mind.

Evans can't shoot. At least Bayless can spot up and drive.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I should add I did say I'd consider the offseason a failure if they didn't acquire Kevin Love or Anthony.

Well I'll amend that, Gasol is a solid consolation prize all things considered.

I just wonder if this opens the door to a potential Kevin Love trade around the deadline.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gasol is a decent consolation prize all things considered. I almost want to liken it to the Bears signing Jared Allen.

I think the Bears had one hell of an off-season, considering everyone swore they wouldnt be able to do anything defensively after giving Cutler a big contract. Getting Houston was nice. Getting Allen was the cherry on top.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the FO wanted Love- they'd have him IMO.

Don't get me wrong- they kicked the tires, but not very hard. Gibson, Snell, 16 & 19 wasn't much of an offer IMO.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gasol was also signed as a mentor to mirotic. Boozer wasn't going to teach this kid anything. I expect mirotic to have a well rounded game like diaw

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Nooooo

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Gasol was also signed as a mentor to mirotic. Boozer wasn't going to teach this kid anything. I expect mirotic to have a well rounded game like diaw

This is actually a very good point. Gasol has a much more European style of play and can show Mirotic the ropes. Mirotic can learn a lot about how to translate/morph his game into the NBA from Gasol.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I should add I did say I'd consider the offseason a failure if they didn't acquire Kevin Love or Anthony.

Well I'll amend that, Gasol is a solid consolation prize all things considered. WTF? what prize the guy is old and no good.

I just wonder if this opens the door to a potential Kevin Love trade around the deadline.

I should add I did say I'd consider the offseason a failure if they didn't acquire Kevin Love or Anthony. failure, they waited for Melo, and got nothing. No point on waiting for Love w/o gutting the Bulls

Well I'll amend that, Gasol is a solid consolation prize all things considered.
XZJSgPg.gif
WTF? what prize?? the guy is old and no good, what did he do last season?

tumblr_lwg6i8oZFq1qzjix8.gif
You definitely don't follow the NBA closely. He's going to Cleveland if James stay, if not, James goes to NYK to join Melo, Love to Boston.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I totally disagree. Gibson should start and Mirotic should have been the sixth man. They do not need Gasol and talking about him being better than Boozer is faint praise. Their NEED was SG and SF. They improved neither position an iota. Giving Gasol the minutes is asinine at that position. And why they tied up all of that money is bullshit.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've watched Gasol play quite a bit out here. He is pretty much broken down, slow, and soft. Does anyone seriously think that he can advance this team significantly? All this guy is going to do is to delay the advancement of Mirotic. Hell, if I were Gibson right now, I'd be PISSED. Hell, if I were Mirotic, I'd go back to Europe. I mean it. To me, they broke promises to both of them. Fuck Gar/Pax. Its bullshit.