Gasol to the Bulls in a sign and trade

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@WojYahooNBA: Pau Gasol, Chicago working to complete an agreement, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

@chicagobullsbot: LA Lakers and Chicago Bulls finalizing sign-and-trade for Pau Gasol - (Article: Jesús Sánchez/Marca) - http://t.co/5CMc2KQZI5

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
@WojYahooNBA: Pau Gasol, Chicago working to complete an agreement, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

@chicagobullsbot: LA Lakers and Chicago Bulls finalizing sign-and-trade for Pau Gasol - (Article: Jesús Sánchez/Marca) - http://t.co/5CMc2KQZI5

How would this affect what the Bulls can offer Melo?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
How would this affect what the Bulls can offer Melo?

Looks like it kills the deal.

Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN · 36m
That means Carmelo back to Knicks RT @WojYahooNBA: Pau Gasol, Chicago working to complete an agreement, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
@NYPost_Berman
If Gasol signs with Bulls, theoretically Chicago could still do sign and trade with Knicks but why would Phil do it.
:nervous:

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
The Knicks won't do a sign and trade because they know Melo will come back to NY if they don't. Melo waited too long and now he's pretty much going to NY whether he wants to or not. Probably won't win a championship in his career now

So are the Bulls signing Gasol or getting him via sign and trade? Seen reports on both

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
This can't be the last move. If I waited all this time just for the Bulls to give up on Melo at the last minute, I'm going to lose my f*cking mind.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Is Gasol being picked up because Melo wanted to play with him?

The only way I could see this working is if there are 2 sign and trades. We get rid of boozer to LA + king's 1st round pick and then we get Melo for a first rounder and a player(?)

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Is Gasol being picked up because Melo wanted to play with him?

The only way I could see this working is if there are 2 sign and trades. We get rid of boozer to LA + king's 1st round pick and then we get Melo for a first rounder and a player(?)
Phil/Knicks want Gasol not Boozer, so the Bulls are hopefully just passing Pau through to get Melo. :pray:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@NYPost_Berman
If Gasol signs with Bulls, theoretically Chicago could still do sign and trade with Knicks but why would Phil do it.

Because Melo wants to go to the Bulls and Phil wants Gasol regardless of what Melo does. Phil gets something out of a S&T.

Just my speculation. I have no idea what this signing actually means for Melo. I guess we'll know soon enough.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Waiting on melo to make up his mind is unproductive and annoying. The Bulls have to start making moves

Reactions: 1ke

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Although, if the Gasol signing is for the purpose of Melo, why could a 3 team trade not have been conducted between the Lakers,Bulls, and Knicks? Is it too complicated? Are the teams just not willing to cooperate? Seems like this could be done in one move.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
@EricPincus
The Bulls need to have an agreement with a FA before they do anything to open up cap room or fashion a S&T
@EricPincus
Something else to note - Kobe is very fond of Boozer - and they share the same agent - it would likely please Kobe if LA brought in a vet PF
@EricPincus
The Bulls can't pay Pau more than MLE without a S&T or Boozer amnesty - and also paying Mirotic an issue that may cost more than BAE

Ok GarPax are pushing all their chips in....

:kermit:

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we do a sign and trade to get Pau, are we allowed to to immediately trade him?

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
From everywhere I've looked Pau still could be S&T to the Knicks but it would have to be a 3-way trade...

OR

Pau signs for $8M and we say goodbye to Taj for Melo.

PG: Rose
SG: Butler
SF: Melo
PF: Gasol
C: Noah

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
There has to be more to this. Why would Bulls FO just give up on MELO at last minute. Something else is in the works here...

Liked Posts:
There has to be more to this. Why would Bulls FO just give up on MELO at last minute. Something else is in the works here...

I hope you're right and I have this feeling also. But this could also simply mean the Bulls have been informed they're out of it.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gasol only makes sense if we get Melo through him.

With Gibson and Mirotic we´re set at the PF spot. Absolutely no need for Gasol in my eyes.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Bring Gasol in....

Flip Gibson to the Knicks?

I can see this as a reason to sign Gasoline, but it doesn't jive with the "I want Gibson to stay" that Melo apparently said. I am optimistic that this is as move to get a sign in trade going. I can believe that Phil likes gasoline, and was working to get him.