GarPax, you failed in 2010 and now you failed in 2014 and it's time for you to go!

Liked Posts:
I'm sick of the Bulls routinely improving by inches while others improve by yards. If Rose is t going to recruit and you can't lure in big ticket free agents, you're of no use. And no getting rid of Thibodeau's favorite assistant coach doesn't count as a significant contribution.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They tried and it appears they did everything that they could with Melo, should have traded for him 3 years ago and we could offer him the max.

I am going to wait and see what happens over the next couple of days.

But I agree there inability to land a big name is starting to become worrisome.

Liked Posts:
They tried and it appears they did everything that they could with Melo, should have traded for him 3 years ago and we could offer him the max.

I am going to wait and see what happens over the next couple of days.

But I agree there inability to land a big name is starting to become worrisome.

GTFO. This isn't little league. There are no trophies for "trying". In case you weren't sure, "trying" isn't the issue. The issue is that they're not good enough.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I'm sick of the Bulls routinely improving by inches while others improve by yards. If Rose is t going to recruit and you can't lure in big ticket free agents, you're of no use. And no getting rid of Thibodeau's favorite assistant coach doesn't count as a significant contribution.
You labeled this a GarPax bash thread, but your OP is a Rose bash thread.

Derrick Rose privately and publicly recruited Carmelo Anthony. What are you talking about?

czman

Liked Posts:
1 team has made the finals in the last 4 years from East. Not many teams are improving by yards. You can say the Cavs did. Who else in the East improved this offseason? Who in the west made a big splash? If the Bulls get Gasol they will end up with a top 5 player that moved teams.

Liked Posts:
You labeled this a GarPax bash thread, but your OP is a Rose bash thread.

Derrick Rose privately and publicly recruited Carmelo Anthony. What are you talking about?

The thread is about GarPax, nitwit.

Liked Posts:
1 team has made the finals in the last 4 years from East. Not many teams are improving by yards. You can say the Cavs did. Who else in the East improved this offseason? Who in the west made a big splash? If the Bulls get Gasol they will end up with a top 5 player that moved teams.

How many teams were given the opportunity to interview with Bosh, Wade, James, and Anthony? They landed none of them. Sure, it's not easy but it's a big part of their job and if they can't close the deal when several big ticket players are giving them a chance to convince them, they need to be replaced.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
People keep mentioning 2010 despite 2010 being a complete sham in the first place. LBJ, Wade and Bosh were going to Miami from the start. But yeah, they failed to make people not do what they planned on doing.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose privately cried when people heard that he worked out for Melo.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
The thread is about GarPax, nitwit.
Your OP only has a detailed criticism of Rose. It says nothing specific about our FO.

GarPax tried. Rose tried. Noah tried.

In the end, Melo wanted a max deal. Phil Jackson cock-blocked JR by turning down various sign-and-trade scenarios.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fuck you GarPax for not getting LeBron!!!! We don't want him anyways!

czman

Liked Posts:
People keep mentioning 2010 despite 2010 being a complete sham in the first place. LBJ, Wade and Bosh were going to Miami from the start. But yeah, they failed to make people not do what they planned on doing.

Some people are just not very smart. They think Lebron/Wade/Bosh all could have gone to the Bulls when they obviously played the system to get together. I guess they also believe that Melo was going to take less money when that was obviously not the case. Melo wanted the money and went to the money. The Bulls never had a change. Everything was just there to feed Melo and his ego.

czman

Liked Posts:
Your OP only has a detailed criticism of Rose. It says nothing specific about our FO.

GarPax tried. Rose tried. Noah tried.

In the end, Melo wanted a max deal. Phil Jackson cock-blocked JR by turning down various sign-and-trade scenarios.

If you know Melo is not going to take less than the max and you are the only team that can offer the max that he wants to go to, why do a sign and trade? Bulls never had a chance.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
its the statue of MJ outside

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

LOL... so predictable this post.

Liked Posts:

No one is denying 2010 was a sham. But that doesn't change the fact that they were given the opportunity. Not only that but GarPax gave Boozer that ridiculous albatross of a contract which jammed them up in 2014.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The Bulls were not overcoming that $54 million gap to get Melo. That is not a failure. That was Phil Jackson's biggest ace, not his zen or ring. Phil was specifically hired to give Melo the cover to take the money. Once Jacskson refused the S ant T, it was over. Melo would have came otherwise. Now if we had Houston's cap space and struck out, feel free to blame GarPax. This is NOT 2011's circumstances. If we get Gasol and Mirotic, that is cool.

Liked Posts:
Some people are just not very smart. They think Lebron/Wade/Bosh all could have gone to the Bulls when they obviously played the system to get together. I guess they also believe that Melo was going to take less money when that was obviously not the case. Melo wanted the money and went to the money. The Bulls never had a change. Everything was just there to feed Melo and his ego.

No not smart is making excuses for GarPax not having cap space when Boozers contract (their doing) was a huge reason for not having cap space.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No not smart is making excuses for GarPax not having cap space when Boozers contract (their doing) was a huge reason for not having cap space.
...so you would have preferred them to do nothing in 2010? What was the "correct" thing to do in that situation?