Moving On to the next moves

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have t seen that number anywhere. Source?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nice. So at least they got him at a good price if that's indeed it. I would have given him 8M per tbh. What's that leave them with after him and Mirotic?

Thunderfoot

Liked Posts:
Glare all you want to, and No, I am not high. That's way too much to give up.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Glare all you want to, and No, I am not high. That's way too much to give up.

Love is at the very least a top 10 player (most would rightfully argue top 5), you give up anyone x/c Rose or Noah for that type of player. Butler and Gibson are nice pieces, but neither of them will ever be perennial All Stars. Mirotic could be decent, but his ceiling isn't Kevin Love. McDermott is...McDermott. All four of those players are replaceable, Love is not replaceable.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice. So at least they got him at a good price if that's indeed it. I would have given him 8M per tbh. What's that leave them with after him and Mirotic?
I want to say ~8M assuming amnesty of Boozer. Cap is 63M and we're at 65M with Boozer. He's got to go in order for us to sign Gasol anyway, unless Gasol signs via MLE, but then we can't sign Mirotic so...let's just say Boozer is gone.

~65-16.8+6.5 = ~54.7 which is ~8.3M in cap room.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Lance Stephenson? Rodney Stuckey? Jerryd Bayless? Xavier Henry? Turner(ick)? Cleveland may end up using Wiggins at SG, maybe see if they will entertain a trade for Waiters? Man I just don't know.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
is love out of the picture? im a casual fan so inform me.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes

Not sure Minny playing hard to get. They got a sweet deal from GS and they didn't bite. I don't think they will send him to Cleveland cause they want Wiggins and I am sure they are not giving him up. I think if there is a play for Love we will have to wait till trade deadline.

For what we have to give, the rumors say they wanted Taj, Mirotic, Butler, McDermott and future first rounders.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I think with the Gasol signing, yes. Cavs and Warriors are the big suitors for Love.

sicko

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Bulls are interested in him at all for what ever reason but Stephenson would make for a damn good off season for the Bulls despite not landing Melo

I like Evan Turner, Pacers just wasn't a good fit for him and it is not like the Pacers was going to play him over Stephenson and George, Turner for the right price would be worth taking a chance on

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I don't think the Bulls are interested in him at all for what ever reason but Stephenson would make for a damn good off season for the Bulls despite not landing Melo

I like Evan Turner, Pacers just wasn't a good fit for him and it is not like the Pacers was going to play him over Stephenson and George, Turner for the right price would be worth taking a chance on

I could imagine Turner pulling a Tanya Harding on Rose before the season started. Not good.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:

Not necessarily. It would get complicated, but GS is unwilling to part with Klay and CLE is unwilling to part with Wiggins. Therefore, the Bulls could still put together a package that consists of some combination of Snell, Butler, Gibson, Mirotic, McBuckets, and 1's.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I would really like to grab Jerryd Bayless to come off the bench as a combo guard. He can come on to the court and light it up quickly. He can play the 2 next to Rose as well which would be pretty scary.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
The Pierce to the Wiz thing is a shock I thought he'd be a good fit plus knows Thibs well. Maybe he wants to be able to visit the Pentagon or something.

My next best bet would be Evan Turner, for a year. He was pretty good in Phil but had such a limited role at Ind for one year he'd be less likely to be disruptive. He can get his own shot and he's not afraid to shoot which would be an asset to the Bulls bench, plus he can play the 2 0r 3.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
The Pierce to the Wiz thing is a shock I thought he'd be a good fit plus knows Thibs well. Maybe he wants to be able to visit the Pentagon or something.
The Wiz overpaid. I don't think he's worth the mid-level exception at this point in his career.

That's the only reason that he's not on the Bulls now, IMHO.