Gasol, Gibson, Mirotić

Texbear88

Liked Posts:
All power forwards. Do you think that we start the season with all three? Does this free the bulls up to trade Taj? This also puts Kevin Love to the bulls out of the question......right?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Gasol can play backup center minutes and Mirotic can play some minutes at SF as a spot up shooter.

I'm not going to hold my breath about GarPax pulling anything off...

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Deng-y come back

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All power forwards. Do you think that we start the season with all three? Does this free the bulls up to trade Taj? This also puts Kevin Love to the bulls out of the question......right?
I see no reason why that would put the Bulls out of contention for Love. If Minnesota wants Taj in a trade, we do that in a second, no questions asked.

I'm not a fan of the Gasol signing, but since it's already a done deal, I'll deal with it. Here's how it works:

Joakim and Taj probably start. They promised Taj the starting spot and I'm sure Thibs will love that defensive lineup to start. Undoubtedly those two start and finish games.

It's reasonable to assume they both get at least 32 minutes each (maybe something like 12 in 1st & 4th, 4 in 2nd & 3rd). That'll leave 16 minutes at both spots for Mirotic and Gasol to have to themselves. Matchups will dictate the exact minutes, but those are basically guaranteed. Since all four players can play with the others, that gives the frontcourt a lot of flexibility because we can have a good passing big man on the floor at all times (Noah, Gasol) and/or a defensive big on the floor at all times (Noah, Gibson). Additionally, all of them can hit midrange jumpers (yeah Noah isn't that great, but whatever) and ideally 3 of them can play down low well. Basically, there's a lot of flexibility that Thibs has to work with.

Imo, the best way to make use of them is to stagger their minutes such that Mirotic and Gasol are always on the court with Noah and Gibson respectively. This keeps defense and passing on the floor at all times while also giving us an offensive option. Even if Mirotic is only another spot up shooter, that still helps space the floor for Rose.

Long story short...it'll work and at best, it'll keep them all healthy because they're not playing 40 minutes a game.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Gasol will start over Gibson I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:

Yeah, they'll go with all three. This arrangement gives Thibs enormous flexibility with his roster.