Pau chooses to play for Bulls

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised with how much love this guy's been getting. He's been very mediocre his entire career.

People say stupid stuff when they're left feeling desperate. It's how the Bulls ended up with the Boozers ridiculous contract.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Good consolation prize I guess. He is an upgrade offensively and defensively over Carlos Boozer when he is on the court. The only problem with Pau is his ability to stay on the court...Hopefully the Bulls can continue to get a little more out of him.

His game doesn't rely on athleticism, so his game will age well. He can get his own shot in the post, something the Bulls haven't had since Boozer pretty became a mid range shooter. He is a great passer and his length will only make this Bulls defense stronger. He is also a good mentor for Mirotic since he was one of the very few European players who became a star in the NBA.

This gives the Bulls probably the best front court rotation in the NBA. That's a pretty good advantage to have over teams. I think with some other good additional moves, the Bulls have to be viewed as the favorite to win the East as long as Love stays in Minny and this Bulls team can be together and healthy for an entire season.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So youre saying that free agents actually have a choice about where they want to play? Pau CHOSE Chicago?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It is a ok move. I would have brought in the euro instead and used the cap towards D.J. but W/E.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is a ok move. I would have brought in the euro instead and used the cap towards D.J. but W/E.
Depending on how much he wants, we can still resign DJ

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cant the Bulls just tell DJ to sit on his hands for a few weeks. Theyll trade Randolph when his 30 days are up and use that 1.8M towards his contract? Lets get a gentleman's agreement going

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm curious as to who is the last big that could post up as good as Pau was on the Bulls?
Boozer? lol...the few times he actually posted up and did a move they were pretty good. He had a nasty spin move. Too bad he ended up shooting so many jumpers.

Eddy Curry is the only other actual post player I can think of before him.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fuck no! Gasol is too old and he ain't done shit last season. Gasol will be worse then Boozer guarantee.

99Z65og.gif

grade_a_bullshit_alert_trans.gif

%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FYmVsYWphciB1bnR1ayBtZW5qYWRpIGxlYmloIGJhaWsuanBn%253F%253D-740553

tumblr_mcqc60LIcg1ryfzpy.gif

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fuck no! Gasol is too old and he ain't done shit last season. Gasol will be worse then Boozer guarantee.

99Z65og.gif

grade_a_bullshit_alert_trans.gif

%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FYmVsYWphciB1bnR1ayBtZW5qYWRpIGxlYmloIGJhaWsuanBn%253F%253D-740553

tumblr_mcqc60LIcg1ryfzpy.gif

I don't actually agree with what you're saying. But Walt Jr. is my ***** lol.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't actually agree with what you're saying. But Hank Jr. is my ***** lol.
I'm emotionally feeling like Junior right now, it's been a long day for me man. I'm done with the NBA if we don't get Lance.

It's Walt Jr. BTW. LOL. Hank that dirty...mofo.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm emotionally feeling like Junior right now, it's been a long day for me man. I'm done with the NBA if we don't get Lance.

Oops. I just read my quote when you responded and realized I said Hank Jr. instead of Walt. Apparently, it's been a long day for me too. LOL.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
another thing i don't fucking get..who starts? who sits? who plays center? why so much money involved into three players who won't be on the court at the same time? and what about Mirotic?

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Oops. I just read my quote when you responded and realized I said Hank Jr. instead of Walt. Apparently, it's been a long day for me too. LOL.

You were thinking that all your rowdy friends were comming over tonight at first?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This was a very shitty day for a Bulls fan as far as I am concerned. I think that Gar/Pax really screwed this up bottom line. I refuse to make excuses for him. They should have known more about what makes Melo tick before embarking on all of this bullshit. I think that they are both to blame. If I were Reiny, I'd fire the both of them.

But then, something else even more pissed me off. Why in the hell, did they trade for Gasol? Why? Why spend this money on this soft injury prone end of career player? How many damn power forwards are they planning on playing at a time, anyway? I am so pissed I could bite a nail in half. You have Taj Gibson who paid his dues, busted his ass to improve himself every damn year he's been in the league. You have the best player in Europe coming over who I would bet is right now better than Gasol. So, why in the hell do you sign this guy when YOUR FUCKING NEED is a shooting guard and Small forward?????

I am so very disappointed right now. It is all bullshit. It had no god-damn vision. I would have much rather that they would have foregone this free agent star bullshit than what just happened. I would rather that they focused instead in getting some good young players in who could develop. Instead, they are just SETTLING for an over-the-hill, way too high-priced guy who will add not a damn thing of importance to this team. Instead of improving areas of NEED, they just have fucked up another position.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Well before you go and jump off a bridge have a read...

1. Gasol can still play. Pau dropped 17-9 last season along with 3 assists and 2 blocks per game with solid FG and FT percentages. His PER was 19.34. That's a top big man performance in this league.

2. Playing time will not be an issue. There is 96 minutes between the PF and C spots that these 4 bigs will rotate. Let's also remember, Mirotic is essentially a rookie coming into this league and should not get huge amounts of minutes. Mirotic also has the capability to play the SF position thanks to his shooting ability. He could definitely play the 3 when Taj is on the floor since Taj can guard most 3's in the NBA effectively.

So even if you give Noah, Gibson and Gasol 30 mins each at the 4 and 5 spots...Mirotic will make up his minutes at the 3.

3. Who the heck were the Bulls going to get at the SF and SG positions? Lance Stephenson wants 10 million dollars which is way too much to deal with his bullshit and he really isn't worth that amount of money.

Paul Pierce? Maybe 5-6 yrs ago.

Evan Turner? Couldn't even get playing time in front of Lance Stephenson.

Shawn Marion? Eww

These are the options that were at the Bulls disposal after Melo...Bringing in a veteran big man who can bring experience, leadership, an offensive post presence, length and knowledge to the young guys on this team (especially Mirotic) is huge.

Pau was the best option left and he provides an improvement across the board over what the Bulls had in Boozer.

3. Vision? This gives the Bulls the best front court in the NBA and with Lebron's move to Cleveland, the best team in the East as long as they continue to add some quality role players. The Bulls if healthy, can definitely make it to the NBA Finals next season. That's a pretty good vision.