Pau chooses to play for Bulls

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Not at all. Why would you think that?

you told me to come defend my boy (hue)

i figured it was because i disagreed with you and pointed how you baited him with a comment you made toward him

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
you told me to come defend my boy (hue)

i figured it was because i disagreed with you and pointed how you baited him with a comment you made toward him
Naw man. I'd never get pissed about someone disagreeing with me. Hell, you guys have taught me a few things.

I asked you to come defend him today because he was doing the baiting, not me.....lol

Troy23

Liked Posts:
So how many of you guys now have purchased your Pau Gasol Bulls jersey? I'm guessing I may be one of the very first Aussies to own one...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With the spacing we should be enjoying this session, I am see Butler being able to have an easier time of attacking the basket. I am more that fine with him starting at the 2

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I hope that you are right. But he will have had to really improve on his game to be a shooting guard as in ball handling and outside shooting. That is a big step for him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope that you are right. But he will have had to really improve on his game to be a shooting guard as in ball handling and outside shooting. That is a big step for him.
Imo if Butler gets a little more of his slashing game going, he'll see a little bit more increase in his shooting percentages. Confidence or whatever. He's never going to be a great ball handler or shooter most likely, but where he really had success before was when he was slashing to basket, getting offensive rebounds, free throws, and hitting the open 3. His FG% was like 6% higher I think so I think him getting more shots at the rim will help his overall shooting game.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
As usual, the Koolaid is extra sweet around here, needs a little more ice:

Gasol = injury prone Boozer coming off the bench

This is not an upgrade, sorry to burst the bubbles. :p

The Bulls still haven't addressed the need for versatile players who can create offense with Deng gone. McDermott and Dunleavy are not the answers.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The "realistic" Bulls
DRose = DRose, but he'll be injured
Butler = Thabo Sefolosha
Dunleavy = Dunleavy, but he won't do anything
Gasol = Boozer
Noah = :kermit: with some occasional nice passes

McDermott = Jason Kapono
Gibson = someone stuck behind Boozer
Snell = Dermarr Johnson
Hinrich = a graveyard
Brooks = Nate Robinson except he can't dunk and he'll probably shoot worse
Bairstow = mini Longley, but he'll never play
Mirotic = Jan Vessely with 3pt shooting instead of athleticism
E'Twaun Moore = who cares

End result: 1st round loss to the whoever because we suck

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imo if Butler gets a little more of his slashing game going, he'll see a little bit more increase in his shooting percentages. Confidence or whatever. He's never going to be a great ball handler or shooter most likely, but where he really had success before was when he was slashing to basket, getting offensive rebounds, free throws, and hitting the open 3. His FG% was like 6% higher I think so I think him getting more shots at the rim will help his overall shooting game.

In order to get his slashing game going they have to honor his ability to pop from the outside, right? The same thing applied to Deng who was a better player than Butler, at least thus far. Hopefully Butler will be able to hit an open shot. They really laid off on both he and Hinrich last year and dared them to shoot. Remember? I don't make this shit up. I remember Butler being wide open and not even drawing the rim. same thing with Hinrich.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
As usual, the Koolaid is extra sweet around here, needs a little more ice:

Gasol = injury prone Boozer coming off the bench

This is not an upgrade, sorry to burst the bubbles. :p

The Bulls still haven't addressed the need for versatile players who can create offense with Deng gone. McDermott and Dunleavy are not the answers.

When did Deng create offense? Right now, McDermott is better at creating his on shot than Deng ever was...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In order to get his slashing game going they have to honor his ability to pop from the outside, right? The same thing applied to Deng who was a better player than Butler, at least thus far. Hopefully Butler will be able to hit an open shot. They really laid off on both he and Hinrich last year and dared them to shoot. Remember? I don't make this shit up. I remember Butler being wide open and not even drawing the rim. same thing with Hinrich.
His sophomore year no one respected his ability to shoot. They only respected him last year because of the success he had from the previous year in the playoffs. And they were able to run him off his shot more because he stopped slashing as much. If you're not a threat to drive or shoot, you're pretty easy to guard.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
When did Deng create offense? Right now, McDermott is better at creating his on shot than Deng ever was...

Deng was the ONLY player on this team who could score, come back on defense and cause a turnover, then run a fast break the other way without Rose. He was easily the second best player on this team before he was traded, don't act like you don't remember this.

You must be mistaking McDermott for somebody else... he hasn't played a game in the NBA yet.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Deng was the ONLY player on this team who could score, come back on defense and cause a turnover, then run a fast break the other way without Rose. He was easily the second best player on this team before he was traded, don't act like you don't remember this.

You must be mistaking McDermott for somebody else... he hasn't played a game in the NBA yet.

Deng couldn't dribble...but you want to say that he can create his own shot. And the guy you just described is Lebron James or Kobe Bryant not Luol Deng. How is Deng going to routinely run fast breaks by himself when he can't dribble? Because he was the second best offensive player on a below mediocre offensive team doesn't mean you get to make up characteristics of his game. He had a jump shot...period. He could not create his own shot...if he could...they would not have been looking for a wing player that could create his own shot.

Creating your own offense is a skill...that is why the Bulls drafted McDermott. I think Jabari Parker can create for himself better than Deng also. Deng was weak at that particular skill...those young guys are just better at it...period.

Lol at your exaggeration of Deng's abilities....

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Deng couldn't dribble...but you want to say that he can create his own shot. And the guy you just described is Lebron James or Kobe Bryant not Luol Deng. How is Deng going to routinely run fast breaks by himself when he can't dribble? Because he was the second best offensive player on a below mediocre offensive team doesn't mean you get to make up characteristics of his game. He had a jump shot...period. He could not create his own shot...if he could...they would not have been looking for a wing player that could create his own shot.

Creating your own offense is a skill...that is why the Bulls drafted McDermott. I think Jabari Parker can create for himself better than Deng also. Deng was weak at that particular skill...those young guys are just better at it...period.

Lol at your exaggeration of Deng's abilities....

Deng was an all-star in this league. McDermott hasn't played one game yet. Who is doing the exaggerating here?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Deng was an all-star in this league. McDermott hasn't played one game yet. Who is doing the exaggerating here?

You can be an all star and be limited offensively. Try to stay on subject. You were trying to turn Deng into Scottie Pippen. There are a bunch of young unproven players who are better at creating offense for themselves than Deng is. You are just wrong.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You can be an all star and be limited offensively. Try to stay on subject. You were trying to turn Deng into Scottie Pippen. There are a bunch of young unproven players who are better at creating offense for themselves than Deng is. You are just wrong.

lol huh? Who the hell said anything about Pippen? You're not making any sense man.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Deng was a good NBA player who was the Bulls only legit 2nd scoring option. He wasn't a star but he could put it on the floor and get to the basket. I do not think anyone was exaggerating his ability.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If McDermott will be better than Deng, he might be the best player out of this draft. That is a big if.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Deng was a good NBA player who was the Bulls only legit 2nd scoring option. He wasn't a star but he could put it on the floor and get to the basket. I do not think anyone was exaggerating his ability.

Compared to the average nba wing player...Deng COULD NOT HANDLE THE BALL! Because he was the 2nd scoring option doesn't mean he SHOULD have been or is capable of being the 2nd scoring option on a championship team.

And no he couldn't put the ball on the floor and get to the basket...he could slash to the basket well...without the ball, but he wasn't able to create his own shot.

You people have to be kidding me.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
If McDermott will be better than Deng, he might be the best player out of this draft. That is a big if.

Deng ain't that damn good. After all of your complaining this summer over what the FO did or didn't do...you now want to wax poetic about Luol Deng? Jabari Parker and Wiggins should easily surpass him when it comes to ability and achievement. If they don't, they are disappointments. Both have more skills than Deng does, they just have to get acclimated to the game.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Compared to the average nba wing player...Deng COULD NOT HANDLE THE BALL! Because he was the 2nd scoring option doesn't mean he SHOULD have been or is capable of being the 2nd scoring option on a championship team.

And no he couldn't put the ball on the floor and get to the basket...he could slash to the basket well...without the ball, but he wasn't able to create his own shot.

You people have to be kidding me.

You kidding yourself, playa. No, he wasn't a star and he never showed up in the playoffs. Still, Deng was one of the most versatile forwards in the NBA, and he was a good player for us. That said, I'm glad he's gone, but McDermott is not the answer to replace him in the starting rotation.