Assuming the Bulls amnesty Boozer...

KPBears

Liked Posts:
I'm sure another team will pick him up, although for far less than he's making now. For all his flaws, he's still one of the better PF's in the NBA. And if he is picked up, how does that affect the Bulls' salary obligations? Do they only have to pay the difference between his salary due by the Bulls and the amount received by the new team?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm sure another team will pick him up, although for far less than he's making now. For all his flaws, he's still one of the better PF's in the NBA. And if he is picked up, how does that affect the Bulls' salary obligations? Do they only have to pay the difference between his salary due by the Bulls and the amount received by the new team?

If a team picks up Boozer in waivers
Also as with any other waived player, another team may place a waiver claim in order to acquire the player before he clears waivers (see question number 65). But amnesty is different from the normal waiver process in that it allows teams to make either a full or partial waiver claim. When a team makes a full waiver claim it acquires the player, assumes his full contract, and pays all remaining salary obligations (and the waiving team has no further salary obligation to the player). Full waiver claims have precedence over partial waiver claims -- if one team makes a full waiver claim and another makes a partial waiver claim, the team making the full waiver claim is awarded the player. If multiple teams make full waiver claims, the player is awarded to the team with the worst record.

And i disagree about him being one of the better PFs.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
If he was indeed one of the better PFs in the league someone would have wanted to get him for the one year and his expiring deal. I'm sure the Bulls called every team in the league to find someone who would give them something the people who constantly blather about the Bulls being cheaper have to admit that if they don't want to believe they would amnesty him.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
If he was indeed one of the better PFs in the league someone would have wanted to get him for the one year and his expiring deal. I'm sure the Bulls called every team in the league to find someone who would give them something the people who constantly blather about the Bulls being cheaper have to admit that if they don't want to believe they would amnesty him.

Not necessarily. Teams suspect that he is going to be amnestied, so why pay more than they have to. Would not surprise me at all if Boozer makes a beeline to Miami or Houston.

KPBears

Liked Posts:
If a team picks up Boozer in waivers
Also as with any other waived player, another team may place a waiver claim in order to acquire the player before he clears waivers (see question number 65). But amnesty is different from the normal waiver process in that it allows teams to make either a full or partial waiver claim. When a team makes a full waiver claim it acquires the player, assumes his full contract, and pays all remaining salary obligations (and the waiving team has no further salary obligation to the player). Full waiver claims have precedence over partial waiver claims -- if one team makes a full waiver claim and another makes a partial waiver claim, the team making the full waiver claim is awarded the player. If multiple teams make full waiver claims, the player is awarded to the team with the worst record.

And i disagree about him being one of the better PFs.

Boozer should still be good for 15 points and 9 boards a game. Even with his awful defense, how many PF's can consistently put up that many points and rebounds?