bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
From ProBasketBallTalk.com:

Top Players in Summer League

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....tandout-players-from-las-vegas-summer-league/

• Doug McDermott (Chicago Bulls). He was the most impressive player in Vegas out of this year’s draft (not saying he will be the best player out of this class, or win Rookie of the Year, but he shone in Vegas). We knew he could shoot the rock and he did shoot 44.4 percent from three in Vegas, but he also showed a more diverse offensive game where he could put the ball on the floor, create space for himself and make some creative plays. We’ve got questions about his defense, and if Tom Thibodeau has questions about his defense that’s bad for McDermott’s minutes. But he’s going to get minutes with the Bulls and has some real potential

Funny, I don't see perennial all-star Gary Harris on this list.

Reactions: WCL

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Did xplosive kill himself? I hope he knows i was telling JimJohnson to off himself, not him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guess we'll need another 33 point game from Harris for him to come back...perhaps coupled with Doug going 1-10

czman

Liked Posts:
Guess we'll need another 33 point game from Harris for him to come back...perhaps coupled with Doug going 1-10

2k+ posts in less than 12 months and this is how it ends.........they will probably back.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
its funny Miami Heat stopped us from winning a SL championship last year

this year is was a injury that cost us the championship

our summer league team mirrors our real team

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
its funny Miami Heat stopped us from winning a SL championship last year

this year is was a injury that cost us the championship

our summer league team mirrors our real team
So Doug is going to be a stud and then pull a Derrick Rose on us...great

:reptar:

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will say, I'd rather of had 2 st round picks in the middle of this draft, then one outside of the top ten... but what's done is done...

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I will say, I'd rather of had 2 st round picks in the middle of this draft, then one outside of the top ten... but what's done is done...

I haven't seen a top 10 pick yet that out played Dougie. If anything, I would have been more about the later guys, like one of my favorites, Glen Rice Jr.. The reality is that the Bulls were trying to add a star player, not rebuild with a bunch of draft picks. Hindsight just let's you know how much your ass stinks, imo.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Yes one of them that was available without trading away two other picks and taking back a worthless contract. McDermott will have to do a lot more than just match what G. Harris does for the Bulls to not be huge losers in that trade with Denver.

McDermott better be a star.

Haven't been on the site lately, but its nice to see I wasn't forgotten. ;)

With that said, I enjoyed what I saw from McDermott (How many times did I say I didn't think he would be a bust?), he was offensively aggressive and he was getting to the foul line a lot which was most impressive. Pretty disappointing to see him miss the Bulls last game with the foot injury however.

BUT.

Gary Harris DEN 5 games 18.6 PPG 4.2 Reb and 2.0 Ast and 2.6 Steals per game.

vs

Doug McDermott 4 games 18.0 PPG 4.0 Reb and 2.8 Ast and 0.00 Steals per game

I wouldn't say McDermott outplayed Harris by much if at all. DMC shot the ball a lot better but often looked lost on defense and was constantly late on rotations leading to open jumpers. If I am to be fair, I would say McDermott had a slightly better Summer League than Harris but definitely not so much as to be worth passing up on another top twenty player and taking on a worthless contract to make it worse.

Fire GarPax is still in effect.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
you're cool to me Xplosive....but you should have known this thread was a bad idea

overreacting 101

not only did McDermott go off but Gary Harris was completely shut down....ouch
Worst case scenario is that I was mostly pissed about the Bulls not making a strong enough offer to Melo and then signing fucking Gasol as a consolation prize. Then to see G. Harris tear it up in his first game was just too much to ignore. I may have overreacted but I'm still not convinced that Gar and Pax's time isn't up. This team should be in the Finals this year with a strong chance to win it all. Anything less and I say Gar and Pax need to walk the fucking plank.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's baaaaack...

poltergeist_shot8l.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Worst case scenario is that I was mostly pissed about the Bulls not making a strong enough offer to Melo and then signing fucking Gasol as a consolation prize. Then to see G. Harris tear it up in his first game was just too much to ignore. I may have overreacted but I'm still not convinced that Gar and Pax's time isn't up. This team should be in the Finals this year with a strong chance to win it all. Anything less and I say Gar and Pax need to walk the fucking plank.

What offer did you want the Bulls to give Melo? How is Gasol, a guy who came off a 17 and 10 season(albeit on a bad team), for 7 mil a year not a good thing? Getting rid of Boozer and getting Gasol sets up,with a healthy Rose, a chance for the Bulls to win the East.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
What offer did you want the Bulls to give Melo? How is Gasol, a guy who came off a 17 and 10 season(albeit on a bad team), for 7 mil a year not a good thing? Getting rid of Boozer and getting Gasol sets up,with a healthy Rose, a chance for the Bulls to win the East.
I said from the beginning that anything less than a 4year $90 Million offer is a joke and wouldn't convince Carmelo to leave what New York was offering. Plan B should have always been Love not Gasol. Paying PG $7M on top of the $17M they had to pay Boozer to leave is not an upgrade. Gasol's 17+10rebs isn't much better than Boozer's 14+8rebs and Boozer will likely put up those same 17 points and 10 rebs with the Lakers that Gasol had.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I said from the beginning that anything less than a 4year $90 Million offer is a joke and wouldn't convince Carmelo to leave what New York was offering.
Honestly, I'm not good with how contracts work and what not, but unless that deal was very backloaded, it wouldn't have really worked out.How could they have paid him that much? The Knicks weren't willing to do a S&T and take back salary, and Carmelo was too wishy-washy to demand a trade to the Bulls and give them the necessary leverage. The Bulls were offering 2 years plus an extension(which would be after the new TV deal in 2016), I think that was a fair deal.

Carmelo said winning was his priority, and the Bulls made sure to talk about this in their meeting. Unfortunately, Carmelo weighed money and mediocrity more than winning. That's his decision. The Knicks could have offered him more money regardless.

Plan B should have always been Love not Gasol. Paying PG $7M on top of the $17M they had to pay Boozer to leave is not an upgrade. Gasol's 17+10rebs isn't much better than Boozer's 14+8rebs and Boozer will likely put up those same 17 points and 10 rebs with the Lakers that Gasol had.

They would have had to pay Boozer regardless of if they get Love or not unless they were able to ship off Boozer in a 3-way trade or something, which probably wasn't happening. And the 13 M(NOT 17, since the lakers put in a bid) doesn't count towards the salary cap or luxury tax. So,actually, the Bulls get a better player for about 10 million dollars cheaper on the salary cap. Sounds pretty good to me.

Maybe they should have taken a shot at Love earlier (after Melo flaked), but the issue is that they didn't want to lose out here. Gasol was expressing interest in the Bulls, and if the Bulls pursue Love instead, they don't get Gasol. What if they don't get Love either? Cleveland has Wiggins to offer and Golden State has a better deal in place.

If Gasol wants to sign for 7 mil a year with the Bulls, then sign him up. And look, even WITH Gasol, the Bulls are still in the mix(possibly) for Love. But they have Gasol at 7 M a year to fall back on if Love ends up going to the Cavs or something.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they were offered a pick high enough to draft Randle for Mirotic......I guess they promised the guy Chicago.....but if this was before that when they were in the rights stage still.....man that would have been a coup.

Randle, Wiggins, Parker were the only guys I was sure of. Embiid doesn't do alot for me at NBA level where he will be outmuscled. I feel that Randle's floor on the other hand is Zebo....

Parker is the next most NBA ready, and then the guy we got. Dougy Buckets. Now...you could argue whether we needed a young post scorer or a perimter scorer more...and that probably means Dougy and Miro together are worth more than Randle, especially because they clear the lane for Rose. Gasol seemed to be as excited about playing with Miro as he did with Rose, and I think his familiarity with him and Spanish speaking can help Mirotic if he learned spanish at all in Spain. I look at Gasol as the perfect groomer for our young European. I don't think given our already holding Rose/Noah that we could have done better in this draft for the pieces we have. Dunleavy is likewise a perfect groomer for McDermot....are they both coaches/players sons? Dunleavy is a grinder, and Gasol knows the spacing and flow of the NBA,

all we need is a healthy Rose and I think the plan is coming to light. The Love situation could derail the match-up nightmare we currently present on offense with his low percentage 3's, and potential injury prone body.

I want to see Rose flow with this current group before we go change it, and we still have the hope of a mid round first from Sacramento in the next couple years, which we could again use to trade up a bit using our own and our stockpile of second round picks.

If Dougy can play right away, we also have the ability still to package Gibson/Dunleavy or Dunleavy/Gasol to the right situation and get something decent back. We are stocked with young talent, and have nice veteran leadership. I like this group,

but obviously the group in Oklahoma, and a trio of Irving/Lebron/Love would make life tough for any team to overcome. Golden State and the Clippers also are loaded top to bottom. Nothing will ever be easy, but even if we had Love it means the gutting of the rest of the roster for salary reasons both now and in the future. I would rather retain our flexibility and depth given the Rose history so we don't wear him out again. We don't have Lebron to carry a short handed 3 man roster...so it isn't a guarantee that an injury prone Love paired with an injury prone Rose is the answer.