The next big FA

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Should we clear cap room to make space for durant in 2016? Washington seems to be doing it.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
if Durant doesn't win a title in the next 2 years i def think hes gone

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Only "big" name player we will ever have a chance at signing through FA will be Jabari. No one wants to play here :shrug:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He'll re-sign after messing with us

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
He's going to DC. Wall already recruiting him.

Next thing you know everyone will want to go home. Guess we will end up getting Jabari after his rookie contract. Is this going to be the new fad?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Next thing you know everyone will want to go home. Guess we will end up getting Jabari after his rookie contract. Is this going to be the new fad?

and Anthony Davis

Rose
Bari
Brow

that would be ridiculous

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I think the next time, and that could even be next year who knows the Bulls should take the same approach.

I think some of the goddamn fans need to wise up and take a more realistic view of what the Bulls have to offer, what other teams have but most of all what a player is really seeking. It should be completely obvious to anybody with half a brain Melo wasn't going to come to Chicago and give up $55 million. Nobody wants the quicker chance to win a title in exchange for that much money. Players can talk in the press all they want about rings but when it comes down to it, they have to wear short pants, play 82 games against the same opponents, travel the same number of plane rides and hotel stays, play with and against people they like and dislike no matter what team they play for. So for the 10-15 years they have to make tens of millions of dollars almost every one of them listens to their agent and gets the most money they can.

The only way the Bulls get a big FA to change teams is if they can't return to their team for more money. Why do you think Lebron is now signing a 2 year deal. Because down the road be can get even more but by his message to NE Ohio he's backed himself squarely into staying there in 2 years or looking like a complete jerk, twice over.

Take Kevin Love, if he's traded he gets the same max deal he could get by waiting a year, he just gets the security a year sooner. If he were to play out the year with Minn and blow out his knee he would have to sign a one year deal and hope he's recovered enough to wind up with a max deal in 2 years.

Some fans just need to stop being children and flat out stupid children at that.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I've stated for years that our FO needs to get creative and learn how to use trades to our advantage.

If Kevin Love actually hits the market, his top two choices will be the Bulls (friendship w/Rose) and Lakers (home to him).

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've stated for years that our FO needs to get creative and learn how to use trades to our advantage.

If Kevin Love actually hits the market, his top two choices will be the Bulls (friendship w/Rose) and Lakers (home to him).

LMFAO doesnt do this stupidity justice.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
LMFAO doesnt do this stupidity justice.
They are definitely good friends. It also seems that they think alike at times..........

d-rose-dance_medium_medium.gif

iEXieArOu2THl.gif

Rose's clique is next to hit free agency.

rose-mcl-west-300x197.png

D+Rose+4+Philippines+.jpg

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The Lakers have zero assets. They don't have a chance to acquire him unless Love uses his ETO after this season and signs there. Chicago, Golden State and most recently Cleveland have been the only destinations even mentioned in sign and trades. Boston got some pub, but I think Danny Ainge would rather sit on his assets for another season to see if they develop more value. And Cleveland was a total afterthought until LeBron resigned. It'll be hard for Minnesota to buck on anything if they insist that Andrew Wiggins be included in any deal. The only way I see Love landing in Cleveland is VIA a three-team deal. The Cavs will have to get somebody else involved in order to placate Flip Saunders and Minnesota.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
^^^^^^^I'm not talking about trades. I'm speaking solely about him hitting the open market & signing as an unrestricted free agent.

If that were to occur, Chicago & LA would be his top two choices without a doubt.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
^^^^^^^I'm not talking about trades. I'm speaking solely about him hitting the open market & signing as an unrestricted free agent.

If that were to occur, Chicago & LA would be his top two choices without a doubt.

I still think he'd strongly consider Golden State. Steph, Klay and Love? That's arguably the best shooting trio we've seen in a long, long time. Defense wouldn't matter when they'd be going for 115 a night

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I still think he'd strongly consider Golden State. Steph, Klay and Love? That's arguably the best shooting trio we've seen in a long, long time. Defense wouldn't matter when they'd be going for 115 a night
That's fair.

I would put them on his list, but behind Chicago & LA.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
That's fair.

I would put them on his list, but behind Chicago & LA.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't consider L.A. his home. He is from Portland. Sure he was born in L.A. and its his favorite team but he moved to Portland when he was 1 and his parents were Lakers fans. Remember he was only at UCLA for a year and said the Lakers bring nothing to the table. He would have been happy to go to GS cause it was closer to home (Portland). You can count LA out.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So after the millions and millions of bull-shit garbage spewed by hundreds of sportswriters about free agency, Melo stays with the Knicks, Bosh stays with the Heat, and Lebron winds up back home in Cleveland. All this bullshit was a bunch of worthless speculation. A weak team got a superstar, another weak team kept its superstar, and a very good team turned into just another team. IF the NBA wanted parity in the league, this certainly was it in spades.

This tells me, that the Bulls probably should make sure to build via the draft and with trades because as I see it, the dice are really set up for free agents staying with their own clubs unless conspiracies between players occur. With Love its another situation, I guess, because he has been stuck in a city in the frozen tundra without a hope of winning anything. The Wolves should probably fold up their tent because when they lose him, they will have nothing once again.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
So after the millions and millions of bull-shit garbage spewed by hundreds of sportswriters about free agency, Melo stays with the Knicks, Bosh stays with the Heat, and Lebron winds up back home in Cleveland. All this bullshit was a bunch of worthless speculation. A weak team got a superstar, another weak team kept its superstar, and a very good team turned into just another team. IF the NBA wanted parity in the league, this certainly was it in spades.

This tells me, that the Bulls probably should make sure to build via the draft and with trades because as I see it, the dice are really set up for free agents staying with their own clubs unless conspiracies between players occur. With Love its another situation, I guess, because he has been stuck in a city in the frozen tundra without a hope of winning anything. The Wolves should probably fold up their tent because when they lose him, they will have nothing once again.

This all means parity in the NBA? :smh: