Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shooting.

We've been one of the worst shooting teams over the last few years, and not much has been done to fix it.

Yeah, we drafted Doug McDermott. But who knows how much playing time he's gonna get or if he's even gonna be any good.

Snell wasn't that great from 3 last season, and he probably won't play much this upcoming season.

Dunleavy is decent from 3, but not big enough of a threat to take a lot of attention away from other guys.

Who else?

Almost every championship team has a few guys that can consistently hit the 3. Without guys that can shoot, an offense is much easier to contain or shut down. Idk why this area always seems to be ignored by the Bulls.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What happened to Mirotic?

Who knows how good of a shooter he is yet from NBA range? I think the international 3 point line is like 3 feet closer than the NBA's 3 point line.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
kyle-korver-4.jpg

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Get the best shooting coach available, and develop a long term plan.

I've been saying it for some time.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As assistant or Head Coach? One of those choices is insane.

Just strictly a shooting coach. Helping players practice on their form, etc.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
We got the best offensive player in college in the draft, and we should be adding the best offensive player in Europe. You say "who knows" about them, but if you need shooting you go after the best shooters. How can you say the issue hasn't been addressed?

We're not done in free agency, yet, and we had the best defense in the NBA last year, so we don't need as much "shooting" as any other team. Oh, and we've also got that Derrick Rose kid coming back, so he will probably help out our offense a little bit.

Liked Posts:
The focus shouldn't exclusively be on three pointers. Mid range jumpers are good too. In some ways better.

I feel ok about both McDermott and Mirotic. There was a good stat on McDermott about how he had a very high shooting percentage on contested shots. People should also realize that passing, often times, is what creates open shots. Gasol, McDermott, and Mirotic are also good passers. This should help with open shots.

One reason I'd like Rose to play 2 some is to reduce the chance that he over dribbles but also with better passing and good spacing, that should allow Rose more easy baskets. He shouldn't have to work as hard. Use the assets that your team has, get some ball movement.

Korver was really good at 3s but he was a little one dimensional. McDermott and Mirotic can likely score in more scenarios at more spots on the floor. Hopefully the offense won't be about watching someone run around like crazy until they get enough screens to become open.

I'd still like to see a lot of the offense run through Noah as a point-center at the elbow.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Would love to get one more Anthony Morrow-type player with a developed mid-range game. If we can't land an impact scorer (seems unlikely with Melo in NY), we need to have as many guys on the roster who can shoot as possible.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The stuff that I saw on McDermott did show that he did do well on pressured jump shots. He really gets the ball off quickly.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Shooting is always needed however outside of Ariza, Miller, Morrow, Carter and Allen, there's not much in the way of shooting in this crop of FA's. Augustin needs to be retained. He is a must have. Instant offense off the bench and should be the true back up to Rose. Even though most fans will complain, expect Kirk Hinrich to be back to play a combo guard role off the bench. Who is really left in free agency? Jerryd Bayless? Xavier Henry?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Augustine's defense is better than Roses as well. He is ideal.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
McDermott was contested on 91% of the shots he took last year and still shot a very high %. I think him with a combination of an improved Snell, Dunleavy, and Mirotic should shore us up quite a bit.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The Bulls perimeter shooting will be the best it has ever been with Dunleavy, McDermott and Mirotic. Snell and Jimmy aren't horrible perimeter shooters either.

Bulls grab Jerryd Bayless to play the backup point and some time at the 2 next to Rose and this will be the best shooting team we have seen.

Long gone are the days when the Bulls had to start Keith freaking Bogans at the 2 and Korver was our only 3 point shooter.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Jimmy aren't horrible perimeter shooters either.

This assumes Butler bounces back from a bad shooting year. Which, I hope he does and we should have no reason to believe that he wont.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who knows how good of a shooter he is yet from NBA range? I think the international 3 point line is like 3 feet closer than the NBA's 3 point line.

1' 8"

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Well, the shooting will improve regardless if Rose is healthy. His game = less contested shots for the wing players.