At the end of the day, it came down to guaranteed money, Jackson and Rose's knees!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
As much as we want to bitch at Bulls' management, the tipping points were money, Phil Jackson and Rose's knee. Every move involved risk. If Rose was healthy, you are talking a whole 'nother scenerio. Phil Jackson was hired to give Melo hope and cover. No unbiased person would risk $50 million unless it was a sure thing. Melo saw first hand with Amare how an injured teammate can sabotage everything. Try selling that to your wife. Melo, probably rightly, figured if he is going to gamble that he may as well get paid. IMO Melo DID give the Bulls serious thought. If Rose was healthy last year and the Bulls lost a hotly contested ECF to Miami, that is a whole 'nother ballgame.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I kind of doubt Rose's knees were much of a factor but you never know I guess. One thing for sure, he will retire without a ring in New York if he stays there.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Even if Rose went down, with Melo in the lineup we still could have gotten out of the east.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Even if Rose went down, with Melo in the lineup we still could have gotten out of the east.

Yeah, but we ain't beat nobody in the Finals once we got there without Rose. We would be getting waxed like the Cavs and Nets did.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I don't believe Phil or seven knee injuries were any part of it. It was the money and only the money. All the courting and presentations were the cover so it looked like he was above it all and not the crass cash is king ballplayer which is exactly what he is.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
I don't believe Phil or seven knee injuries were any part of it. It was the money and only the money. All the courting and presentations were the cover so it looked like he was above it all and not the crass cash is king ballplayer which is exactly what he is.

I pretty much agree with this. I would have absolutely no problem with any of what Melo did if he hadn't said winning was the most important thing to him and he would consider taking less to contend. I mean it's 60 million dollars we're talking here, I wouldn't turn that down...but I also wouldn't say something that obviously isn't true.

Liked Posts:
I was in Brooklyn last summer and my cousin and I went to this pizza place and even people in there were saying Melo won't win a ring in New York....and this is the offseason after they finished 2nd in the east...it's all good, the Bulls just need to regroup

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only team that got significantly better in the east was Cleveland with their luck in the lottery and Lebron coming back. Miami will be much weaker, New York is still terrible, Philly is a joke. Indy is weaker. Washington is a bit better. The East is going to truly be a poor conference and is going to be beaten like a drum by the teams in the West.

Truthfully, the Bulls only chance of winning a championship in the next couple of years will be to pull off a Love deal, somehow. The other options are garbage ones.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The only team that got significantly better in the east was Cleveland with their luck in the lottery and Lebron coming back. Miami will be much weaker, New York is still terrible, Philly is a joke. Indy is weaker. Washington is a bit better. The East is going to truly be a poor conference and is going to be beaten like a drum by the teams in the West.

Truthfully, the Bulls only chance of winning a championship in the next couple of years will be to pull off a Love deal, somehow. The other options are garbage ones.

If Snell, McDermott or Mirotic blow up, that would help a lot.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Guys, it really comes down to Melo not having any balls, imo. Phil played Melo like a fiddle. Melo needs to make some kind of power play to make the Knicks accept a S & T. He and his agent should of, and could of done things differently if he really wanted to make a move.

The poker game got difficult and Melo folded like the pussy that he is. Then he strung us along for days. Let me tell you, Thibs and the Bulls feel the same way as well. I'll be looking hard at the spread when the Bulls play the Knicks next!