Derrick's next contract

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
As of right now hes not worth his current max contract. No one knows about a couple years from now. He's going to have two very healthy and great seasons if he wants another max.

Reactions: BNB

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Vet's minimum :smug:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As of right now hes not worth his current max contract. No one knows about a couple years from now. He's going to have two very healthy and great seasons if he wants another max.

Basically this.

No one knows what Derrick will be worth in 3 years. If he performs like he did in his MVP season and stays healthy, then yeah... he'll likely get a max contract. If he keeps getting injured or his play declines, then no.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
As of now no, can't even stay healthy. But as stated already, if he can regain form than probably yes.

Liked Posts:
Rose doesn't need money. He can live off of BiggieSmallzzzzzz love.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
You would hope that he gives a little back to the team/fanbase and takes a Dirk or Duncan type contract because of his injuries....but we all know that will never happen.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
In three years, Anthony Davis will be the highest paid player on the Bulls. Book it.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In three years, Anthony Davis will be the highest paid player on the Bulls. Book it.

I hope you know how ready my body is for this

tumblr_lqs602uCIB1qh7gii_zpsd1e7723b.gif

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
If he's as good as he was and wants to have the fans on his side and not do the hard sell recruiting of FAs which we saw failed with every team that talked to Melo and Bosh. He should sign for less than the max to leave the Bulls room to offer other FAs big money and to acknowledge to the fans that he missed 2 years in his prime and the team suffered so he's taking less to balance out the time he missed. Maybe only sign for 2 years so he can sign another big deal after getting another star to come to Chicago but to take the max after not being there when so many other pieces were in place he can take the hit.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He missed two-and-a-half years in his current contract, so I say pro-rate his next contract : )

czman

Liked Posts:
I do not think he will get a 5 year max contract, no matter how well he plays.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
If he's as good as he was and wants to have the fans on his side and not do the hard sell recruiting of FAs which we saw failed with every team that talked to Melo and Bosh. He should sign for less than the max to leave the Bulls room to offer other FAs big money and to acknowledge to the fans that he missed 2 years in his prime and the team suffered so he's taking less to balance out the time he missed. Maybe only sign for 2 years so he can sign another big deal after getting another star to come to Chicago but to take the max after not being there when so many other pieces were in place he can take the hit.

He deserves to get paid relative to whatever his level of play is during the remaining two years of his current contract. If that's max level play, then he should get paid max. He doesn't have to take a discount to help out the team for things that were completely outside his control. That would be like an employer paying an employee less salary after they return from a bout with cancer. Shaming a player into taking less than he's worth is an unscrupulous way to do business.

Liked Posts:
Rose's next contract will involve sacrificing a goat. But then he'll blow the other knee.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Whatever his contract might be, I don't think it'll be with the Bulls. If you read/hear all the trust issues and constant jabbing of the FO by Rose's team, I don't think he'll be resigning here. Which pains me to write that because when healthy I think Rose is easily the best PG in the league and a superstar on the level of James and KD.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Whatever his contract might be, I don't think it'll be with the Bulls. If you read/hear all the trust issues and constant jabbing of the FO by Rose's team, I don't think he'll be resigning here. Which pains me to write that because when healthy I think Rose is easily the best PG in the league and a superstar on the level of James and KD.

Then lets hope he has a couple great years and the Bulls sell high.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Then lets hope he has a couple great years and the Bulls sell high.

Agreed, but i'm a selfish fan. Teams don't get superstars that often and I would hate to trade ours away assuming he comes back to form.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agreed, but i'm a selfish fan. Teams don't get superstars that often and I would hate to trade ours away assuming he comes back to form.

Yeah but if this relationship between the two sides doesnt start to get better, you cant risk losing him for nothing like Toronto with Chris Bosh in '10.

EDIT: I know they did a S&T for draft picks but thats just peanuts. They need to get back equal value.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
You would hope that he gives a little back to the team/fanbase and takes a Dirk or Duncan type contract because of his injuries....but we all know that will never happen.

Why would a 28 year old do that? Those guys are 35+.