Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm still shocked Bulls fans would honestly feel that the Bulls are better than any team with LeBron on it.

The Bulls had their seasons end at the hands of LeBron 3 of the last 5 seasons.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm still shocked Bulls fans would honestly feel that the Bulls are better than any team with LeBron on it.

Well now that Lebron doesn't have Wade and Bosh behind him, it could be a different story.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well now that Lebron doesn't have Wade and Bosh behind him, it could be a different story.

He didn't have Bosh and Wade behind him in 2010...didn't stop him from dismantling the Bulls in 5 games.

We'll see what happens, but I think this would be the year to knock off LeBron before he gets settled in the team with Cleveland.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

I disagree. The Heat was the perfect anti Bulls team. Their smallball game was just too quick for guys like Boozer. Cleveland is built differently, imo. I think we'll matchup against them much better.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He didn't have Bosh and Wade behind him in 2010...didn't stop him from dismantling the Bulls in 5 games.
What do you mean? Bosh scored 34 points in game 3 of that series and made a bunch of big shots for them. Wade was meh I guess, but Lebron didn't singlehandedly beat the Bulls, even if he did lock down Rose in the 4th.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I disagree. The Heat was the perfect anti Bulls team. Their smallball game was just too quick for guys like Boozer. Cleveland is built differently, imo. I think we'll matchup against them much better.
What are you disagreeing with? The Heat were able to play small ball because of Bosh's ability to knock down 3s while also guarding bigs. With Boozer never playing in the post, they didn't really need a Kendrick Perkins like post defender anyway.

I do agree that Cleveland's lineup is a better matchup for us, but a lot of it depends on Wiggins and Rose.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
James might be able to take over 3-4 games in a series but the rest of his current supporting cast is completely void of playoff experience. It's a different and much more intense game in the playoffs and all of the Bulls moving parts have gone through tough series'. The Bulls have 2 defenders in Gibson and Butler who aren't afraid to get in Lebron's face and take him on. That would mean some of his untested teammates would have to step up.

4 games wins you a series.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
What are you disagreeing with? The Heat were able to play small ball because of Bosh's ability to knock down 3s while also guarding bigs. With Boozer never playing in the post, they didn't really need a Kendrick Perkins like post defender anyway.

I do agree that Cleveland's lineup is a better matchup for us, but a lot of it depends on Wiggins and Rose.

I disagree that we will not be able to beat the Cavs just cuz LJ plays for them now. Bosh was a Bulls killer. I don't see anyone on Cleveland having that effect on us, especially now that we have another 7'0" in Pau, who can post up.

Irving doesn't scare me if Rose comes back, not at all. Rose will nuetralize him, imo, and Butler will hound LJ all day with help, of course. I just don't see these other guys with the Cavs matching up as well as the Heat used to.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I disagree that we will not be able to beat the Cavs just cuz LJ plays for them now. Bosh was a Bulls killer. I don't see anyone on Cleveland having that effect on us, especially now that we have another 7'0" in Pau, who can post up.

Irving doesn't scare me if Rose comes back, not at all. Rose will nuetralize him, imo, and Butler will hound LJ all day with help, of course. I just don't see these other guys with the Cavs matching up as well as the Heat used to.
Perhaps you misinterpreted me then. I was saying we can beat the Cavs because they don't have guys like Bosh and Wade. Bosh killed us, as you said. Cleveland doesn't really have a guy on his level except maybe Kyrie, but that depends on what you think of him. Imo, us being better able to beat Cleveland lies in the fact that they just have less top level talent than the Heat did, in addition to a more favorable matchup position wise.

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
us over them this aint the old cavs but i dont think they are better

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
his current supporting cast is completely void of playoff experience

so did the Wizards and they handled us in 5

it took Dunleavy dropping 30 to even win a game

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

going with the crib 10 times outta 10 brodie

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What do you mean? Bosh scored 34 points in game 3 of that series and made a bunch of big shots for them. Wade was meh I guess, but Lebron didn't singlehandedly beat the Bulls, even if he did lock down Rose in the 4th.

I should say his last year with the Cavs in 2009-10.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Perhaps you misinterpreted me then. I was saying we can beat the Cavs because they don't have guys like Bosh and Wade. Bosh killed us, as you said. Cleveland doesn't really have a guy on his level except maybe Kyrie, but that depends on what you think of him. Imo, us being better able to beat Cleveland lies in the fact that they just have less top level talent than the Heat did, in addition to a more favorable matchup position wise.

I tried to agree with you and answer your question at the same time.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
so did the Wizards and they handled us in 5

it took Dunleavy dropping 30 to even win a game

Washington didn't beat us ...... they beat us up. The ref's took us out of that series in the 1st two games when they let their bigs just molest us.

Just another game I'm looking forward to. I bet it'll be much different next time.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
This Cavs team is worse than the Heat team in 11 that beat us, assuming the Cavs don't get Love. I think people forget how good Bosh was in the series. Bosh only had 13 less points over the whole series than LeBron. Wade averaged 19 and 6 over the series and was still a very good defender at that point. Also throw in the fact that they had more experienced players than these Cavs.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

That was 2011 bro... get your head out of your ass.

During the 2010 playoffs, Bron was still with Cleveland.

:obama:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The 2010 season was LeBrons first year in Miami

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

You mean when the Bulls were an 8th seed, led by 2nd year Rose, had no scoring other than Rose and were coached by Vinny Del Negro?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The 2010 season was LeBrons first year in Miami
Fisch is talking about the 2010 playoffs. The 2011 Playoffs were LeBron's first year in Miami.