Bulls or Cavs?

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Do you guys think the Bulls would beat the Cavs as constructed in 7 games? I believe the Cavs are currently 4/1 to win it and the Bulls are 6/1. I gotta say, LeBron and Irving is a pretty scary combo. I think Wiggins will need an entire season to grow. The Bulls possibly have the best collaboration of big men in the NBA. Who ya got?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Depends on graham cracker knees

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Bulls should be the Eastern favorites currently.

czman

Liked Posts:
Cavs. Right now the Bulls have Butler/Snell/Dunleavy/McDermott on the wings. The Cavs have Lebron/Wiggins/Waiters and could will probably get Miller.

The Bulls are not going to beat anyone in the playoffs with those 4 on the wings. At some point you ahve to be able to space the floor. The Bulls are not going to do that unless Butler takes a huge step. He was a garbage last season and I don't think it is a reasonable assumption to assume he is a starting caliber wing.

FA is not over, but I don't think the Bulls can beat the Raptors, Cavs, Pacers and I doubt they could beat the Nets. The Heat and Wizards may be better in the playoffs too.

My guess is regular season heroes and playoff zeros.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Cavs. Right now the Bulls have Butler/Snell/Dunleavy/McDermott on the wings. The Cavs have Lebron/Wiggins/Waiters and could will probably get Miller.

The Bulls are not going to beat anyone in the playoffs with those 4 on the wings. At some point you ahve to be able to space the floor. The Bulls are not going to do that unless Butler takes a huge step. He was a garbage last season and I don't think it is a reasonable assumption to assume he is a starting caliber wing.

FA is not over, but I don't think the Bulls can beat the Raptors, Cavs, Pacers and I doubt they could beat the Nets. The Heat and Wizards may be better in the playoffs too.

My guess is regular season heroes and playoff zeros.

:lol:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Depends on graham cracker knees

giphy.gif

:derbulls:

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Imo there's no reason this Bulls team can't be as good as the 2010-11 team that went to the ECF. A healthy Rose plus Gasol/Noah as excellent passers from the inside out SHOULD set up the wing guys with some easy buckets this year. Yes, a guy who could create at the 2 or 3 would be nice, but the offense should at least be adequate. I think they're currently better than Indiana for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Cavs aren't built the same as Miami. They literally have no perimeter shooters. That's bad news for Lebron because he isn't going to have as much space in the half court.

Waiters, Varejao, Tristan Thompson and Wiggins all cannot be relied upon offensively, especially not as spot up shooters. Teams are going to crowd the paint and really turn him into a jump shooter.

Put Jimmy Butler on him and have those 7 footers crowd the paint and watch him jack up bricks all day.

Loved the news when I heard Lebron was going to the Cavs. If the Bulls are healthy, they win the East.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
The Cavs are good just with the edition of LeBron. The Bulls have more of a chance against LeBron with the cavs, as currently constructed, than they did with him in Miami. He can make them better but how much better is yet to be seen.

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:
Kyrie is just as injury prone as Rose and is the worst defensive point guard in the NBA. A combo of John Wall and Lebron would worry me much more.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Kyrie is just as injury prone as Rose and is the worst defensive point guard in the NBA. A combo of John Wall and Lebron would worry me much more.

Kyrie won't have to carry the load anymore. He's not likely to be as injury prone going forward.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
As of right now i'll have to say the Cavs. I think people overplayed the whole "James shut down Rose" in the ECF but tend to forget that Rose hurt his ankle in round 1 and Rose had absolutely no wing help so the Heat did a good job defensively on Rose. Unfortunately, that problem hasn't changed for the Bulls and until it does, I think the outcome will be the same until proven otherwise.

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:
Bulls have a huge advantage at center and power forward. Pau Gasol>>>>>Boozer. 2014 Noah>>>>>2010 Noah. 2014 Taj>>>>2010 Taj. Mirotic>>>>>Kurt Thomas.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
As of right now i'll have to say the Cavs. I think people overplayed the whole "James shut down Rose" in the ECF but tend to forget that Rose hurt his ankle in round 1 and Rose had absolutely no wing help so the Heat did a good job defensively on Rose. Unfortunately, that problem hasn't changed for the Bulls and until it does, I think the outcome will be the same until proven otherwise.

I do agree with this. Rose hurt himself late in that Pacers game. You could argue that he should have been on the bench but thats besides the point. He was never the same. But also, Rose just has bad games. When he kept forcing 3s, his shooting overall became spotty. There was a point, and im gonne guess it was 1.5 seasons into Rose's career, where his mid-range game was close to money. Then he kept on with the 3s and the 3s and the 3s and it all just went *fart noise*. 2 years off the job, i hope his jumper comes back with him.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I do agree with this. Rose hurt himself late in that Pacers game. You could argue that he should have been on the bench but thats besides the point. He was never the same. But also, Rose just has bad games. When he kept forcing 3s, his shooting overall became spotty. There was a point, and im gonne guess it was 1.5 seasons into Rose's career, where his mid-range game was close to money. Then he kept on with the 3s and the 3s and the 3s and it all just went *fart noise*. 2 years off the job, i hope his jumper comes back with him.

I remember reading how accurate his jumper became while rehabbing his ACL. Obviously we couldn't tell because he went down almost right away, but I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.