Bulls or Cavs?

czman

Liked Posts:
The people that think Pau Gasol is going to be the difference are setting themselves up for supreme disappointment. My guess is they are the same people that Boozer would be a difference maker and would never admit to it now.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fisch is talking about the 2010 playoffs. The 2011 Playoffs were LeBron's first year in Miami.

I know what he means but why complicate it by using the year of the playoffs? Keep it simple. 2010 season.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pau Gasol is the difference between the Cavs and Bulls, IMO. If healthy, he can dominate the Cavs inside. He is a legit back to the basket post player. That was something the Bulls hoped to get with Boozer, but that didn't work as many easily predicted. Lebron is going to get his, but at least Butler will get in his way. There isn't anybody on the Cavs roster capable of doing so to Gasol.

On paper, the Cavs look awesome, but they have too many young players that need time to grow. Lebron only signing a two year deal there is proof enough that he doesn't trust that the Cavs will take the next step. I know Lebron has stated that he is committed to the Cavs long-term, but that is window dressing. This is Cleveland, and everyone knows that things will fall apart when push comes to shove. I think Lebron is just bidding his time so he can join Melo in NY once Phil Jackson clears cap room.

That's not really why he signed the 2 year deal.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You mean when the Bulls were an 8th seed, led by 2nd year Rose, had no scoring other than Rose and were coached by Vinny Del Negro?

Is it really that much different? Unless Thibodeau backs off the gas in the regular season Gasol, Noah and others will be run ragged before the end of the season. They may get to the ECF, but I fully expect the same result if they face Cleveland again in the playoffs.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think most people do two years hyphenated together, like 2010-2011. Since,you know, basketball seasons usually span two separate years.

I think there are a few things that need to be determined before I can really call Bulls or Cavs on this. How is Wiggins going to play this year. Can he,Irving, and LeBron form a big 3? What about Love? Is he coming?

How is the team going to come together?

What about Rose? What are we expecting from him(I'm assuming top 5-10 PG caliber form, maybe around 20 PPG 7 APG). Does he get hurt again? How is Mirotic going to develop. Can he provide bench depth. What about Pau?

There are a lot of questions to ask. Right now, I couldn't really tell you who'd be better. Maybe the Cavs just because LeBron has gotten farther on worse teams and I think he "knows how to win"(as disgustingly cliche as that sounds).

Last edited:

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I really really really do not see LeBron doing that to the city twice...especially if they do indeed make NBA Finals and possibly win one.

agreed...there is no flipping way he does that to that city twice...they would burn his house down

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I'd just be excited to see anyone but Miami and their crap fans in the Eastern Finals series again

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
He didn't have Bosh and Wade behind him in 2010...didn't stop him from dismantling the Bulls in 5 games.

We'll see what happens, but I think this would be the year to knock off LeBron before he gets settled in the team with Cleveland.

Lebron was a beast that year. Had one of his best seasons in the NBA. Plus the Cavs had a good combo of Mo Williams & Antawn Jamison on the perimeter. But that also was the series when Rose really broke out, averaging 27 & 7. Our 3 point shooting was horrendous & that's what really decided the series. Lebron, Mo, & Parker destroyed us from 3.

This year is definitely the year to knock off Lebron and I think with a healthy Rose it can be done.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Is it really that much different? Unless Thibodeau backs off the gas in the regular season Gasol, Noah and others will be run ragged before the end of the season. They may get to the ECF, but I fully expect the same result if they face Cleveland again in the playoffs.

Really? The Bulls are now consistently competitive and are actually paid attention too. Plus, they win games now.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
LMAO at people who try to take playoff results from 4-5 years ago and use that as a basis for an argument about who could beat who now. Some of these kids for Cleveland and Chicago now weren't even in the league when those games took place. Totally irrelevant.

Yeah and Detroit and Cleveland had no chance against Michael Jordan's Wizards because he owned them in previous playoff series.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Blowhard Colin Cowherd had Charles Barkley on and they both thought Chicago had the deepest team and and should be the favorite in the East right now. But if the Cavs get Love that could change but Charles said he might not be enough to beat a western team in the finals.

At this point I don't see Love getting traded. Minn seems to think he's worth more to other teams than they are willing to give. GS wouldn't include Klay Thompson so that fell through, now they expect Cle to put Andrew Wiggins in the deal. In GS yes he's an upgrade over David Lee but by more than they lose by giving up Thompson? Not that much if at all. And does Cle give up a guy some think could be a dominating player for a decade for the short term maybe of Love meshing with James and being great enough to win in the short term. ? I wouldn't.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well if Cleveland gets Love, theyre no longer deep. But i would def take them to win the West but that makes Kyrie health even more significant because if he gets hurt and you have a gutted CLE roster, its in trouble.

I know its a Special person thing to say but at this point, id just be happy to see them win a bad East. NO. If im being completely honest, i'll just be happy to see them be better than Miami.

Its the sad truth about the East. Even when the Heat were the best team by a mile, the Spurs shit on them. I dont think its far fetched to think that the top half of the Wests playoff teams would wipe the floor with the East. Like the early 2000s when the Nets won the East, you knew their time was done in the finals.