2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
who is he a good comparison to?

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

I don't care what anyone thinks, he reminds me of Love. Their perimeter games are very similar. Love bangs better, but I'm hoping that Niko can translate to the 3.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
who is he a good comparison to?

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk
I'd say a reasonable floor would be Toni Kukoc.

A reasonable ceiling I'd go with with Dirk Nowitzki.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Production wise I assume. His game is nothing like Toni's was

Maybe his eating game is.

[video=youtube;yVLZ4U4kCAI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVLZ4U4kCAI[/video]

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ugh i hate to sound so optimistic but after watching that, he does have a little Dirk in him doesn't he?

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I'd say a reasonable floor would be Toni Kukoc.

A reasonable ceiling I'd go with with Dirk Nowitzki.

I'll tell you what, man, if he's anywhere as athletic as Tony was, we just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. Bulls fans need to be wishing that Niko can man the 3 spot. If so, watch out, imo!

We'd have an international Tri Towers. Pau ay 7'0" can legitimately post up and score. Noah is Noah at 6'11", and Niko would be a sharp shooting 6'10" SF. That gives me a pudgie. Now, put defensive guru Butler on their best scorer, and, HOPEFULLY, let Rose create havoc everywhere else.

Then, the bench mob! Taj as 6th man again, the thunder from down under at C, Dougie Fresh and Snell drilling 3's on the wing, and Captain Kirk navigating the starship!

Fuck Yeah! I need a beer.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I've seen that video a couple of times and every time I see it I always think, God he looks slow.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I love this news, and feel like the bulls needed him this year. Perfectly timed with Gasol pickup. The money's fair, as this guy is going to be good.

It's also nice to see that this whole board is pretty positive about him. I was expecting more haters on him.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Taj as 6th man again.

Does anyone else worry that this may be a problem? Supposedly taj was told bed be starting, but does that mean he gets the most minutes? I'm just having a hard time figuring out the lineup.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That's a shame really...his stats in Phoenix were crazy good. That D'Antoni offense is part of the reason, but his defense was something else. 2 blocks and 2 steals per game in his prime in addition to averaging near 20-11.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mariosh01.html

Interesting enough, Marion was only a 4 time all star. I always thought he was a really good player, but not really a stand out guy, especially on a team with Stoudemire and Nash. With that said, I think he's a fringe HOF guy.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mariosh01.html

Interesting enough, Marion was only a 4 time all star. I always thought he was a really good player, but not really a stand out guy, especially on a team with Stoudemire and Nash. With that said, I think he's a fringe HOF guy.
Yeah he got outshown by Amare and Nash, but he was that 3rd guy in their "big 3" so to speak. When Amare went down he did a heck of a job at PF. I thought the Suns were nuts the first time they trotted out Diaw and C and Marion at PF, but that worked out really well for them. All that said, I suppose Marion never really was a star player by any stretch like Amare and Nash were. Fringe HOF is probably the accurate call.

AussieBear

I've seen that video a couple of times and every time I see it I always think, God he looks slow.

ditto. idk how the vid quality played in this, but yes at times he def looked slow. however if he can stretch the floor and atleast has a decent first step he can do some damage at the 4.

id be more worried about him looking weak and constantly playing below the rim - i hate seeing 6'10 guys playing 5'7

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Does anyone else worry that this may be a problem? Supposedly taj was told bed be starting, but does that mean he gets the most minutes? I'm just having a hard time figuring out the lineup.

I read an quote saying that the Bulls told Gasol he'd start, and Taj was quoted as saying "Whatever is best for the team". So no, I don't think it'll be any problem.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To me, Mirotic will be a nastier Kukoc who I loved as a Bull. Mirotic will be a better defender and rebounder and possibly better at putting the ball on the floor although Toni was good at that part of the game. Whether Mirotic will shoot as good as Toni or pass as good as Toni is an unknown to me. But Mirotic, I think will be better than Toni over-all and that is good enough for me.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ditto. idk how the vid quality played in this, but yes at times he def looked slow. however if he can stretch the floor and atleast has a decent first step he can do some damage at the 4.

id be more worried about him looking weak and constantly playing below the rim - i hate seeing 6'10 guys playing 5'7
He's not blazing fast, but he's not like Roy Hibbert slow either. He's got pretty good ball handling ability for a 6'10" guy and one of the strengths in that scouting video was his ability to face up and take bigs off the dribble with quickness. He's definitely not a leaper though, so that's what will hurt him in the paint. He seems to know how to use his body well enough to get shots off despite not being able to jump well and being weaker than his defenders, so that's a good sign. Strength can always be improved.

I wonder if he can sort of play a Peja Stojakovic SF role. Peja was a crap defender and had not a lot of athleticism yet he was always a SF in the league. Mirotic is about the same size...makes me wonder if he can do that. He does seem to have a good team defensive ability so under Thibs that should work. The potential to succeed is definitely there imo.

Hurvatat

Liked Posts:
Can't wait to see this guy. Seems like we drafted him a decade ago.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Can't wait to see this guy. Seems like we drafted him a decade ago.
Yeah, Im ready to see him play. At the same time, I am hoping that he will live up to the expectations. It was nice as a fan to be able to say, "Plus, we have the number one prospect in Europe."

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There's been a ton of talk on him the past 24 hours and its starting to get me excited.