Bulls Roster So Far...

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls are actually capable of putting a very deadly offensive line-up on the court now:

C- Pau Gasol
PF- Nikola Mirotic
SF- Doug McDermott
SG- Mike Dunleavy, Jr.
PG- Derrick Rose

And they didn't lose anything defensively with this potential line-up:

C- Joakim Noah
PF- Taj Gibson
SF- Jimmy Butler
SG- Tony Snell
PG- Kirk Hinrich

(I dare anybody to find a better defensive line-up from any of the other 29 teams)

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Maybe we'll bring in Murry since we were showing a decent amount of interest in him when the season ended :shrug: I don't know how much he can do, but if I remember right he's a big PG. 6'5 or 6'6 something like that.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
List of FA's at PG and the wings:

Point Guards
Aaron Brooks
Austin Freeman
Brandon Paul
Jimmer Fredette
Kendall Williams
Lazeric Jones
Mike James
Nolan Smith
Toure Murry
Wings
Brandon Rush
Francisco Garcia
James Jones
MarShon Brooks
Ray Allen
Ronnie Brewer
Wesley Johnson
Xavier Henry

The only white guy on that list is Jimmer, so we should try & bring him back. ;)

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another guard and center

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Be nice to convince Ray Allen to chase a ring, but he will probably go to Cavs.

Liked Posts:
I like Henry and Brooks...also how were Wesley Johnson's numbers last season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
how were Wesley Johnson's numbers last season?
Fantastically mediocre. He did average about a steal and a block per game though so he did show promise as a defender. He made a 3 here and there too. Lower tier 3 and D guy I guess.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
ehhhh

Wesley Johnson is a crybaby bench player. Not a BIG baby, but not one of those guys I would seek out to get. He gets hot, and he also plays with a chip on his shoulder, so he CAN be productive. The problem is that he does just enough to keep his job IMO.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
So as of yesterday's trades we're currently looking at this line-up:

PG: Rose - Hinrich - James

SG: Butler - Snell - Brewer

SF: Dunleavy - McDermott

PF: Gasol - Gibson - Mirotic - Bairstow

C: Noah - Amundson

---------------------------------------------------------------

Amnesty: Boozer

Draft Rights: Vladimir Veremeenko (PF) - Milovan Raković (C) - Tadija Dragićević (PF)

Wonder if GarPax is looking to trade or keep MDJ? I'm sure they still wanna dump the James, Brewer & Amundson deals from the cap too. If we make any trade for a SG as Sam Smith or Chris Sheridan have suggested then all three of those expiring contracts can be cleared & any of the three players we have the draft rights of too.

Another Question....technically are James, Brewer & Amundson even on the team to take up cap space though?

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:
So as of yesterday's trades we're currently looking at this line-up:

PG: Rose - Hinrich - James

SG: Butler - Snell - Brewer

C: Noah - Amundson

Draft Rights: Vladimir Veremeenko (PF) - Milovan Raković (C) - Tadija Dragićević (PF)

Wonder if GarPax is looking to trade or keep MDJ? I'm sure they still wanna dump the James, Brewer & Amundson deals from the cap too. If we make any trade for a SG as Sam Smith or Chris Sheridan have suggested then all three of those expiring contracts can be cleared & any of the three players we have the draft rights of too.

Another Question....technically are James, Brewer & Amundson even on the team to take up cap space though?

The Bulls renounced their rights to the players on non guaranteed contracts when they signed Pau.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are actually capable of putting a very deadly offensive line-up on the court now:

C- Pau Gasol
PF- Nikola Mirotic
SF- Doug McDermott
SG- Mike Dunleavy, Jr.
PG- Derrick Rose

And they didn't lose anything defensively with this potential line-up:

C- Joakim Noah
PF- Taj Gibson
SF- Jimmy Butler
SG- Tony Snell
PG- Kirk Hinrich

(I dare anybody to find a better defensive line-up from any of the other 29 teams)

Very good offensive lineup, and very good defensive lineup. You could even throw in Noah at the 5 in the offensive lineup, move Gasol down to 4, McDermott to the 3, Dunleavy to the 2, Rose at the point...and work a TON of off floppy stuff to either side with EITHER Dunleavy/McDermott (both read screens well)...then use the other shooter in high screen/pop opposite of the floppy. Noah and Gasol both good in the high-low game as well.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
The Bulls renounced their rights to the players on non guaranteed contracts when they signed Pau.

Thanks, was 100% what had happened there.

So instead it's...

PG: Rose - Hinrich

SG: Butler - Snell

C: Noah

ZAN

Liked Posts:
I've never watched nor heard anything on the overseas players, aside from the ballyhooed Mirotic. Any of those players more than roster fill-out fodder?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've never watched nor heard anything on the overseas players, aside from the ballyhooed Mirotic. Any of those players more than roster fill-out fodder?
They're all Europeans who will never come over to the NBA.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
All according to plan...

david_duke.jpg

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Something I find really odd about the roster to this point; there seems to be a rather excessive number of "tweeners."

Starters (maybe):

C Noah - Prototype defensive C.
PF/C Pau - 5 size that plays more like a 4.
SF/SG Dunleavy - SF size SG skill set.
SG/SF Butler - The ultimate tweener? Right in the middle of his two positions in both size and skill set.
PG Rose - Prototype scoring PG.

Bench:

PF/C Gibson - Size of a large 3/small 4, skills more akin to a C. Spending more time at C in rotation this year?
PF/SF Mirotic - Typical PF size with SF offensive style.
SG Snell - Very similar in size as Butler but pure 2 offensively and D would be a question if he were to see time at the 3.
PG/SG Cpt. Kirk - Fairly big for a NBA point and shoots like a 2.

PF/C Bairstow - Another guy who is small (height-wise) for a C but saw significant time there in college.
SF McDermott - Seems like a fairly standard shooting SF.

So that's what, 4 guys out of 12 who are almost guaranteed to be on the roster starting day that are fit to play a standard position? I find that kind of odd.

Sure it makes injuries easier to overcome and gives you more depth at multiple spots, but what is that rotation going to look like (especially for the bigs)? Pull Noah early as usual, rotate Pau to C, put in Taj, then pull Pau later in the 1st and move Taj to C with Mirotic at PF? And same deal with the 3. Dunleavy, Butler, and McD rotating there with Dunleavy and Butler also moving in and out of the 2 with Snell? It's going to be interesting to see how they end up splitting minutes if this ends up being he primary lineup (with additional benchwarmers seeing minimal time on the court).

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Something I find really odd about the roster to this point; there seems to be a rather excessive number of "tweeners."

Starters (maybe):

C Noah - Prototype defensive C.
PF/C Pau - 5 size that plays more like a 4.
SF/SG Dunleavy - SF size SG skill set.
SG/SF Butler - The ultimate tweener? Right in the middle of his two positions in both size and skill set.
PG Rose - Prototype scoring PG.

Bench:

PF/C Gibson - Size of a large 3/small 4, skills more akin to a C. Spending more time at C in rotation this year?
PF/SF Mirotic - Typical PF size with SF offensive style.
SG Snell - Very similar in size as Butler but pure 2 offensively and D would be a question if he were to see time at the 3.
PG/SG Cpt. Kirk - Fairly big for a NBA point and shoots like a 2.

PF/C Bairstow - Another guy who is small (height-wise) for a C but saw significant time there in college.
SF McDermott - Seems like a fairly standard shooting SF.

So that's what, 4 guys out of 12 who are almost guaranteed to be on the roster starting day that are fit to play a standard position? I find that kind of odd.

Sure it makes injuries easier to overcome and gives you more depth at multiple spots, but what is that rotation going to look like (especially for the bigs)? Pull Noah early as usual, rotate Pau to C, put in Taj, then pull Pau later in the 1st and move Taj to C with Mirotic at PF? And same deal with the 3. Dunleavy, Butler, and McD rotating there with Dunleavy and Butler also moving in and out of the 2 with Snell? It's going to be interesting to see how they end up splitting minutes if this ends up being he primary lineup (with two additional benchwarmers).
Positions are overrated. These guys can play with each other and that's what matters. It's more filling roles than positions. That is, something like ball handler, shooter, post player, rebounder, etc instead of pure forward/guard/center mentality. That's kind of the direction the NBA is going in.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Gasol has been playing a lot of Center, and so has Taj. So the depth chart will be listed one way, but enacted by Thibs differently. Taj will be Noah's backup and Baristow is going to be groomed as a Center as well.