Bulls Roster So Far...

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
They're all Europeans who will never come over to the NBA.

I'm not sure..... I think the Bulls must believe that Chicago might be a better attraction for them. The two Serbs probably won't come over, but the Bulls must think there could be a chance since they grabbed two of them.?

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Positions are overrated. These guys can play with each other and that's what matters. It's more filling roles than positions. That is, something like ball handler, shooter, post player, rebounder, etc instead of pure forward/guard/center mentality. That's kind of the direction the NBA is going in.

I agree with this. It's more about matchups. The great thing is the Bulls will be flexible enough for MANY different matchups. Both offensively and defensively, imo.

But as long as we're looking at lineups....... I don't understand why everyone is assuming Niko won't play the 3? This gives the Bulls a Tri-tower frontcourt that are all great passers and also very mobile! How are other teams gonna matchup with that? Especially if Rose is back penetrating.

I like this for a starting lineup, myself:

PF - Gasol
SF - Mirotic
C - Noah
SG - Butler
PG - Rose

I think this could cause some matchup nightmares for teams.

I like this for the bench Mob:

PF - Gibson
SF - Dougie
C - Bairstow
SG - Snell
PG - Kirk

I do believe that Thibs will have Pau, Noah, or Mirotic play with the bench most of the time. Thibs likes to keep a starter there if he can for chemistry. All three of these guys can move around giving Thibs versatility for the bench mob.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with this. It's more about matchups. The great thing is the Bulls will be flexible enough for MANY different matchups. Both offensively and defensively, imo.

But as long as we're looking at lineups....... I don't understand why everyone is assuming Niko won't play the 3? This gives the Bulls a Tri-tower frontcourt that are all great passers and also very mobile! How are other teams gonna matchup with that? Especially if Rose is back penetrating.

I like this for a starting lineup, myself:

PF - Gasol
SF - Mirotic
C - Noah
SG - Butler
PG - Rose

I think this could cause some matchup nightmares for teams.

I like this for the bench Mob:

PF - Gibson
SF - Dougie
C - Bairstow
SG - Snell
PG - Kirk

I do believe that Thibs will have Pau, Noah, or Mirotic play with the bench most of the time. Thibs likes to keep a starter there if he can for chemistry. All three of these guys can move around giving Thibs versatility for the bench mob.
I mentioned in another thread that Mirotic could play the 3 like Peja once did as they are about the same size with similar athletic ability. I don't think it's something I would use for a long period of time though...he'll probably be better suited for PF where he can use his speed to get by players. I think we'll see a lot of Pau and Taj together and Mirotic and Noah together. Gives us defense, floor spacing, and passing in either case. Either way, the rotations will be fine. We should see a lot of balanced lineups this year.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I mentioned in another thread that Mirotic could play the 3 like Peja once did as they are about the same size with similar athletic ability. I don't think it's something I would use for a long period of time though...he'll probably be better suited for PF where he can use his speed to get by players. I think we'll see a lot of Pau and Taj together and Mirotic and Noah together. Gives us defense, floor spacing, and passing in either case. Either way, the rotations will be fine. We should see a lot of balanced lineups this year.

I agree, and this is why I mentioned the matchup thingy. I think the best thing for the Bulls would be a fulltime Niko at the 3. However, you're probably right that he will share with our other guys. I also think that you could see Niko and Taj as a dynamic duo on the bench mob. We might see:

PF - Niko
SF - Doug
C - Taj
SG - Snell
PG - Kirk

Note: I haven't mentioned Mike D yet as I think he is the player that might be traded yet for another backcourt player. Personally, I'd like to see Thibs pick up the phone and call one of his old players to see if he wants one last go in Chicago! I'd Love to throw Ray Allen into the SG mix.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Im i hearing this wrong? Peja mostly played SF.

DaaaBearsFan

Liked Posts:
Boozer is officially amnestied and they waived Mike James, Ronnie Brewer, and Lou Amundson but we already knew that was coming.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Boozer is officially amnestied and they waived Mike James, Ronnie Brewer, and Lou Amundson but we already knew that was coming.

If you weren't new I'd give you shit for your "Breaking News"....

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Im i hearing this wrong? Peja mostly played SF.
I think so? I'm saying Peja was a SF and Mirotic is similar in size and skill set to Peja so Mirotic could also be a SF in theory.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't get too worried about SF vs PF and the like. I agree with the poster who said positions are overrated. Who cares if they have too many forwards on the floor, as long as they can shoot (Mirotic/McDermott).

Although we all like to make fun with See White, this is actually a really athletic team, so if anything, that should cause matchup problems for our opponents, and I think the Bulls will put a pretty damn good team on the court.

Rose
Butler
Mirotic
Noah
Gasol

That's going to be a heck of a starting lineup if Rose can shake off the three-year rust and stay healthy (knocks on wood, hard)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't get too worried about SF vs PF and the like. I agree with the poster who said positions are overrated. Who cares if they have too many forwards on the floor, as long as they can shoot (Mirotic/McDermott).

Although we all like to make fun with See White, this is actually a really athletic team, so if anything, that should cause matchup problems for our opponents, and I think the Bulls will put a pretty damn good team on the court.

Rose
Butler
Mirotic
Noah
Gasol

That's going to be a heck of a starting lineup if Rose can shake off the three-year rust and stay healthy (knocks on wood, hard)
lol I was the poster who said positions are overrated. I only say things about Mirotic at SF because it's easier for people to think about. Non positionally speaking, it's basically wondering if he can be a stretch 4 who can also put the ball on the floor a little.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
lol I was the poster who said positions are overrated. I only say things about Mirotic at SF because it's easier for people to think about. Non positionally speaking, it's basically wondering if he can be a stretch 4 who can also put the ball on the floor a little.

Yeah, I was agreeing with you. I wasn't talking about your and Anytime's later posts. I was talking about the general belief among a lot of Bulls fans here that there's some kind of crisis because there are "too many power forwards".

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Rose
Butler
Mirotic
Noah
Gasol

I agree with you to a point. When you say as long as they can shoot, I would say as long as they can shoot and guard their positions. With Thibs being the coach though I think they will be able to. At the very least they will be decent at team defense.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Do any of you see us making any trades for a shooting guard? I don't know why this came to mind, but I feeling like I saw a tweet recently that said we are on the market for a shooting guard trade... I dunno lol

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'm really looking forward to this coming season. Assuming Rose stays healthy and Pau is alright, I really believe we'll win the East. We're a lot better offensively than we were in 2011 and the Cavs aren't as good as that Heat team was.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do any of you see us making any trades for a shooting guard? I don't know why this came to mind, but I feeling like I saw a tweet recently that said we are on the market for a shooting guard trade... I dunno lol
Dunleavy for an equivalent SG would make a lot of sense

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Dunleavy for an equivalent SG would make a lot of sense

Yeah, I was thinking he would be the key player dealt for us. His stock is still pretty high from how well he played last season.

Doubt nowadays this trade idea would be considered worth it but the Bucks might have OJ Mayo on the trade block.. :shifty:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I was thinking he would be the key player dealt for us. His stock is still pretty high from how well he played last season.

Doubt nowadays this trade idea would be considered worth it but the Bucks might have OJ Mayo on the trade block.. :shifty:
I actually might rather have Dunleavy at this point...