Rose may face his new teammates in the FIBA tournament

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:
Spain usually advances far in international basketball competitions. We know Gasol and Mirotic are locks for the Spanish roster. As long as Rose makes the US roster, it will be cool seeing him interact with his new Bulls teammates before the season starts.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
That would be cool, but as of right now I think all signs point to Rose sitting out.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
That would be cool, but as of right now I think all signs point to Rose sitting out.

Rose is not sitting out....hes playing

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
LAS VEGAS -- Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau reiterated Saturday night that he expects to see star point guard Derrick Rose participate in Team USA's camp at the end of the month as it prepares for the World Cup of Basketball later this summer in Spain.

Rose, who has played just 49 games in the past three seasons because of various injuries -- including two serious knee injuries -- practiced with the Bulls' summer league team as it prepared for to leave for Las Vegas over the past week.

"He had a very productive week," Thibodeau said. "That was the next step. So he'll continue to work, and then the next phase will be with Team USA. He's going step by step, doing great and he's looking forward to it."

Rose put doubt into his Team USA plans in an interview with Yahoo! Sports late last month, saying he would make the decision to play after conferring with his agent, and former Bull, B.J. Armstrong.

"I still don't know yet," Rose told Yahoo! "If I'm feeling right and the time is
, for sure I will go out there. My body is responding good, but you never know.

"Right now, I haven't really thought about that. I am just worrying about just trying to get back every day, and I'm really taking rehab one day at a time instead of trying to think about competing."

Rose's words came as a surprise to many within the organization, given that Thibodeau, Bulls GM Gar Forman and Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski all were hopeful that he would participate. Thibodeau will be able to keep a close eye on Rose if he does participate in the camp -- he is an assistant on Team USA's staf​
f.​

Last time he was this unsure he sat out the rest of the season got crucified for it.​

Liked Posts:
Last time he was this unsure he sat out the rest of the season got crucified for it.

That's why it would be so good of him to honor his contract with team USA?

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
That's why it would be so good of him to honor his contract with team USA?

I don't really think he cares about honoring anything to be honest with you. If he plays, cool. But, with how he's treated his injuries in the past two seasons, i'm not expecting him to play.

Liked Posts:
I don't really think he cares about honoring anything to be honest with you. If he plays, cool. But, with how he's treated his injuries in the past two seasons, i'm not expecting him to play.

The point is, to many it looks worse if he plays for team USA while turning his back on the team that's actually paying him a ton of money.

This criticism is valid. But you could also argue playing this summer gives him a chance to get rid of some of the rust.

But to be honest, based on how he played last year, I'm not sure how much he can help team USA.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
The point is, to many it looks worse if he plays for team USA while turning his back on the team that's actually paying him a ton of money.

This criticism is valid. But you could also argue playing this summer gives him a chance to get rid of some of the rust.

But to be honest, based on how he played last year, I'm not sure how much he can help team USA.

I agree with you, I think playing for Team USA is a great way to shake the rust and get back in to playing form. But what Rose's camp and the Bulls FO think are always ying and yang. Unless I hear straight from Rose saying he's going to play and not a "source" i'm not counting on him to play.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rose decided to play when Westbrook pulled out. Rose was scared of getting cut.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, which falls into line of why he didnt come back from his ACL injury when he was cleared by doctors. He was scared of looking bad.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Here comes Biggiesmallzzz.
Called it

SMH.

I thought you were above this type of thing.

Explain this thing im not above? Rose, a day or so before the Bulls most important meeting of the summer questioned whether he would be ready to play for team USA. Westbrook pulls out, significantly increasing his chances to make the team and all of a sudden Rose is back. Nice to see he wont play for his team in the playoffs. Its not like they pay him millions like team USA....

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Called it
Well, it's definitely not the first time that I've been mentioned (baited) in a post by that alternate trolling account. I tend to look past that alternate trolling account's posts. He was off by 24 hours though.

What's your username on realgm?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Or....... likely his original answer, the one ya'll giving him so much grief for, was true. He wasn't sure if he'd play cuz, at that point, he wasn't even sure he could make the team. Which to me, isn't strange, having not played for two and half years, and going up against the like...

...but, he's there, and you're still giving him shit.:smh: