Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kirk could easily have gotten $3 mill plus on the open market. Despite what most Bulls fans think, he can still start for a number of teams. He is still an above average defender & can play & guard both guard positions. That has value in this league. He has taken less to play with us not once, or twice, but three times dating all the way back to his only big contract. He will never play for another team so just suck it up already Bulls fans because we could have a lot worse.
Try telling that to Fred ;)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Kirk could easily have gotten $3 mill plus on the open market. Despite what most Bulls fans think, he can still start for a number of teams. He is still an above average defender & can play & guard both guard positions. That has value in this league. He has taken less to play with us not once, or twice, but three times dating all the way back to his only big contract. He will never play for another team so just suck it up already Bulls fans because we could have a lot worse.

I agree.

Kirk is the least of our concerns, and has been for some time. Same with MDJ. I also want to add to this, Kirk guards 3 positions fairly well. A PG that can guard many SFs is rare.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
so Bulls should have traded Gibson without a commitment and then Melo re-signs with NY anyway?

Because that boneheaded move could open the door for more halfassed GarPax critics when Melo decided to stay in his home city.

When you combine the difference in money with the lure of staying with a team he always wanted to play with, I don't think there's a way the Bulls get him. The only way big name players change cities is if they wear out their welcome and the team doesn't want them back or some team offers them much more money. If a player has a multi million dollar mansion where he's at his accountant is unlikely to have good things to say about selling it and buying another one in another market. If he's married with kids the wife is going to gripe about having to uproot from where she is.

It's mostly childlike and naive to think a player is going to have anyone in his ear telling him it's a smart move or they're in favor of him going to play with his 'so called friends' or to try and get a ring and give up tens of millions of dollars. It's fine for Ray Allen and Paul Pierce etc at the end of their careers to hang on for a couple of million in a limited role on a contending team as they transition towards retirement. Look at Lebron, went home for the max and set himself up for the new bigger max, Chris Bosh was ready to go back to Houston but suddenly he liked Miami even more and $30 million more.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I read before he was signed that other teams were offering him more. He took less to stay. The guy isnt completely worthless. At the very least youre going to get some good defense from him. Hopefully Rose stays healthy and Hinrich can play the role he's meant to play.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree.

Kirk is the least of our concerns, and has been for some time. Same with MDJ. I also want to add to this, Kirk guards 3 positions fairly well. A PG that can guard many SFs is rare.
:yep:

Hinrich was supposedly a Wade stopper in his prime...guarded him about as well as anyone in the league. I remember his work on Paul Pierce in 2009 or so. It's really quite impressive that he was able to hold his own against a great scorer like that despite giving up a lot of size. I remember him blocking big baby in that series as well. He's not a great defender against fast, athletic guards, but against those who use size and strength, he's actually pretty darn good.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's riding high on the Gasol signing so he hasn't had much vitriol over the Hinrich signing yet but just wait until pre-season starts. :smug2:
He's a fan of the Gasol signing? Maybe he's still riding the high from trading for McDermott :smug2:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
http://www.blogabull.com/2014/7/13/5895811/nba-free-agency-carmelo-anthony-knicks

The front office still deserves a little bit of blame. 4 years $73 million isn't even a competitive offer. They half assed clearing cap space for Melo and made his decision pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we really have to have these articles after this bullshit two weeks???? Melo is a pussy and he got his money. Come on, he gave up $6 mil? LOL! There will be another dozen article about how Melo took less money just to try to restore his money grubbing image.

Here's what I got from this article ..........
In my opinion this is not a competitive try, to the point where you have to hope it isn't true.

I guess if you're living in fuckin fantasyland!
People need to let it the fuck go and look forward to playing the fuckin Knicks just like the Bulls are!

Edit: Who the fuck is angry? I love how you can say just about every other swear word, but as soon as you mention something about the ghey boys, it gets censored. Maybe I'm English and just wanna go smoke a ***?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Melo was a puppet through this whole thing and I bet we'll be better w/o him cuz of it. I was always weiry of him to begin with, and his wimpyness just proved it to me. Why couldn't Melo do a 2 year and cash in later like LJ?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
He's a fan of the Gasol signing? Maybe he's still riding the high from trading for McDermott :smug2:

Oh yea he loves McBuckets too. But he's super excited about having Gasol. I think it's a great signing, especially for the $$, but I'm tempering my enthusiasm because of his health concerns.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Oh yea he loves McBuckets too. But he's super excited about having Gasol. I think it's a great signing, especially for the $$, but I'm tempering my enthusiasm because of his health concerns.

I think this sums up the Gasol acquisition. If he stays healthy, it'll be a great addition. Heck, even some guy named Earvin thinks so:

Pau Gasol will make the Bulls players better with his scoring and passing ability.
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) July 14, 2014

With all the moves being made in NBA Free Agency the Top 4 teams in the East are: 1. Bulls 2. Cavs 3. Pacers 4. Wizards

NBA Fans: With the Bulls picking up Pau Gasol & a healthy Derrick Rose they will be much better offensively this season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Try telling that to Fred ;)

The teams that he could start for are in the development league. He's washed up. I am sick of holding on to guys that are washed up.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was nothing but hearsay that was never fully corroborated by Melo. If he was so unwilling to play without Taj, why was it reported he was trying to recruit Gasol to NY, a player we were also pursuing at the same time?

Once again, we do not know for certain that was the case and think about if it actually was true. So Melo just signs with NY, even though he doesn't really want to, because his new boss is being an A-hole and won't budge on a S&T? Yea that's a great start to their new relationship. :smug: If Melo really wanted to be a Bull, his agent would have found a way to make a S&T work.

This is what is most likely true. Melo had never been a FA and wanted to go through the process. In the end, he wanted his $$. I can't say I totally blame him, especially when you grow up dirt poor like he did. What I cannot stand is all the posturing he did, which cost us several quality wing FA's, while we waited on his decision to return to NY like most of us had expected. He knew on THURSDAY of last week he was resigning with NY, but delayed his "decision" because LBJ made his announcement on Friday & he a day to be all about him.

But enough about Melo. He's going to wallow his career away on a mediocre team while we will likely make the Finals this season with a healthy roster. I think things worked out just fine.

I love Phil, no matter where he's employed!! 6 Rings earns a lot of forgiveness from me!!!