It seems like the front office complementing Thibs defensive system with more...

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
After 2 years without Rose, Noah being about 10x the offensive player he was 3 years ago, Butler starting over who Keith Bogans or Rip Hamilton, Dunleavy instead of Deng, Gasol instead of Boozer if you say you know what the offense will look like you're full of yourself. Because it's far different than it was when played the last time.

My hope would be that Rose has seen what the other players are capable of and won't feel pressure to try and do it all. He's got people he has been watching run the offense, get to their spots, score and win games without him if he can just play his game and let them contribute like he's seen they can they won't have the worst offense in the league.

Exactly. There's no telling what this offense will look like. We'll get a look at what Rose can do now when he plays for Team USA. If he is back to his old self, I feel very good about our chances of coming out of the East.

Liked Posts:
Exactly. There's no telling what this offense will look like. We'll get a look at what Rose can do now when he plays for Team USA. If he is back to his old self, I feel very good about our chances of coming out of the East.

Honestly, if Rose isn't fully back to form before the start of the season, it wouldn't be all bad. It would force them to have the offense that many seem to be longing for where Rose gives up the ball earlier in the shot clock and there's more ball movement. Then, while Rose is still finding form, they can develop in a way that's not reliant on Rose dribbling then creating. So, if/when Rose finds his fame again, it's an added element and not the primary part of the offense.

Whereas if Rose has his legs under him at the outset, the team might default to the offense where Rose dribbles up the clock and isos, which completely negates what should be a huge team strength (ie passing of the bigs).