Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I could see Boozer going to LA. He'd fit right in with the Hollywood lifestyle.

Though in Alaska he can get signed on to clear heavily loose moutain tops kind of like how they have control burns during fire season.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I wish nothing but good wishes to Boozer in his future. I was not a huge fan, but he was not nearly as bad as some people attempted to portray.

I'm actually a little disappointed that GarPax were not creative enough to trade him. Players with similar contracts & less talent have been traded by their GMs these last few seasons.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Apparently teams have to have $1.0448M in cap space to bid on him, that's his minimum salary. So Miami is now over the cap, so they cannot sign Boozer.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wish nothing but good wishes to Boozer in his future. I was not a huge fan, but he was not nearly as bad as some people attempted to portray.

I'm actually a little disappointed that GarPax were not creative enough to trade him. Players with similar contracts & less talent have been traded by their GMs these last few seasons.
Because he could be amnestied then picked up is why he was not traded.

Liked Posts:

This is NOT correct. The guys poor defense was pure laziness. Too many of Boozers gaffes were obvious, some not so much because Noah covered for him.

He was worse than people portray. There's a reason the Bulls looked like a better team with Taj in for the majority of his time in Chicago.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Where are those posters who said Boozer would never get amnestied because Reinsdorf won't pay someone not to play for him?

Theyre writing a blog post about how the Bears will never win a Superbowl because Virginia McCaskey is too cheap.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Houston :shrug:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
facee_1_medium.jpg

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
unfortunately in tapatalk all you see is the numbers. :(

Wanna Say Thank You To The Bulls Organization!!! Thank You For The Last Four Years!!! pic.twitter.com/7YuxGugeT0
— Carlos Boozer (@MisterCBooz) July 15, 2014

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:

Because he could be amnestied then picked up is why he was not traded.
GarPax should have played their cards closer to the vest. When every other NBA GM can predict your next move, then you're doing something wrong as a GM.

If Andrea Bargnani & Omer Asik (and their bad contracts) can be traded, surely Carlos Boozer's career average of 17/10 & expiring contract can be traded.

I've defended GarPax these last couple weeks, but they really lack creativity.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Agreed but only a little bit. Boozer has been a very reliable scorer. Everyone is mad at his ridiculous contract, and his attitude doesn't help. I've only seen boozer dunk like twice in his career with Chi, and both were garbage time. The man is physically talented and could be a real asset to a team.

Everyone forgets that he actually took LESS than he was offered by the Nets that year because he really wanted to come to Chicago. People immediately crapped on him because he wasn't Lebron, or Wade, or Bosh. It didn't help that he tripped over a bag and broke his hand before ever playing either. But we all know how Bulls fans deal with injured stars. :smh:

And his attitude was incredible! He never ONCE complained, even though the media tried to portray it that way. If they asked him "Would you like to play more in the 4th?" he answered truthfully which is "Yes of course" because what player doesn't want to be out there helping their team win. He was not bringing it up the media all the time or complaining to coaches and other players. He had his teammates & coaches backs 110%, & kept the locker room in a good mood.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
This is NOT correct. The guys poor defense was pure laziness. Too many of Boozers gaffes were obvious, some not so much because Noah covered for him.

He was worse than people portray. There's a reason the Bulls looked like a better team with Taj in for the majority of his time in Chicago.

I will only say this once because I've said it ad nauseam over the years. EVERYONE KNEW BOOZER'S DEFENSE WAS BAD WHEN HE SIGNED HERE!

Ok, aside from that OBVIOUS FACT, Boozer still produced 15.6ppg 9rpg on 49% shooting from the field in 30mpg for his Bulls career. Those are good numbers. You're not going to find a ton of PF's putting up those #'s in those minutes. He was a reliable scorer when the Bulls went to him early, something Thibs would not do with regularity.

As for the Bulls looking better with Taj out there, well they did, ON DEFENSE. On offense, they were atrociously bad. It wasn't until Taj started scoring this past year that it was clear they could afford to give up Boozer's scoring. Up until that point though, there was no more consistent an offensive threat on the Bulls, not named Rose, other than Boozer.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Where are those posters who said Boozer would never get amnestied because Reinsdorf won't pay someone not to play for him?

Right here, I can't believe there wasn't some team that was looking at free agency next summer and didn't think Boozer's contract was worth taking. I mean even if your master plan is to tank this season, Boozer would be your guy, he could probably score 20 a game and without a coach like Thibs hammering on him to play defense he could give up a good 24 a game.

Even on the draft and NBA TV people were saying that Reinsdorf would only amnesty Boozer as a last resort because he as much as any other owner hated to pay players for nothing. Most teams only amnesty a guy who is disruptive to the locker room or really not meshing with the rest of the team but Boozer was just so so but made no difference really.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
Well, good luck to Boozer. I liked him before the Bulls signed him....it just didn't work out.