Boozer amnestied

Liked Posts:
All things considered I'll kinda miss Boozer, he was a good teammate and wasn't doing dumb shit off court. However, his style of play (or lack thereof) did not fit this organization. Besides, he wanted to be in Miami anyway, maybe he can line up with deng, bosh and that number 3 guy.

Best wishes my friend

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
He will probably get overpaid like everyone else this FA and the bulls wont be on the hook for much of his salary.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He will probably get overpaid like everyone else this FA and the bulls wont be on the hook for much of his salary.
That's the ideal situation at this point if you're the Jerry. Not sure how many teams will bid on him, but he can still be serviceable.

Liked Posts:
For some reason I see him going to Detroit....or maybe the Cavs, they did welcome Lebron back with open arms, I think it'll be cool if he goes to new York and Mirotic dunks on his ass at the garden, giving phil an aneyurism and Carmelo regretting his decision and knick fans going into rage-induced convulsions :roll:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
GarPax should have played their cards closer to the vest. When every other NBA GM can predict your next move, then you're doing something wrong as a GM.

If Andrea Bargnani & Omer Asik (and their bad contracts) can be traded, surely Carlos Boozer's career average of 17/10 & expiring contract can be traded.

I've defended GarPax these last couple weeks, but they really lack creativity.
One thing that I will note is that Omer's contract should only count for around 8M on the cap. So yes, he's being paid 15M by the team, but it only counts for 8M on the cap. When you look at that, it's a lot easier to see how he (and Lin for that matter) got traded. Plus Omer is a good player at the weakest position in the league.

As far as Bargnani goes, I have no idea why he hasn't been amnestied. That guy is worse than Boozer and I have no idea why the Knicks traded for him (though I guess they gave up what basically amounts to Steve Novak's ridiculous contract and crap).

I guess it could be the case that all the GMs knew that taking Boozer meant that the Bulls would get Melo (in theory) and they basically were cockblocking that move. Seems highly unlikely though...more likely they knew that he was bound to be amnestied and would just wait to pick him up at a higher price instead of giving up an asset (even if it was as small as a 2nd rounder).

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everyone forgets that he actually took LESS than he was offered by the Nets that year because he really wanted to come to Chicago. People immediately crapped on him because he wasn't Lebron, or Wade, or Bosh. It didn't help that he tripped over a bag and broke his hand before ever playing either. But we all know how Bulls fans deal with injured stars. :smh:

And his attitude was incredible! He never ONCE complained, even though the media tried to portray it that way. If they asked him "Would you like to play more in the 4th?" he answered truthfully which is "Yes of course" because what player doesn't want to be out there helping their team win. He was not bringing it up the media all the time or complaining to coaches and other players. He had his teammates & coaches backs 110%, & kept the locker room in a good mood.
:yep:

Boozer is a class act all the way. He got unfairly ripped on for his defense, which was atrocious, but we all knew he sucked on defense when we got him. Not sure how anyone could've been surprised by what they saw. He's a great teammate, great locker room guy, never once caused a problem with the team. No reason to hate on him.

Only thing to complain about maybe is that we had this idea that he would be a 2nd option on offense for us and that never really happened. He still put up decent numbers here though regardless. 15/10...not bad.

Wish him nothing but the best

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
He also had tons of funny highlights including my favorite below:
[video=youtube;PaZTzt0EK5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaZTzt0EK5w[/video]

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bahaha Danny Crawford and the balls of steel. One of my favorite Boozer moments

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
For some reason I see him going to Detroit....or maybe the Cavs, they did welcome Lebron back with open arms, I think it'll be cool if he goes to new York and Mirotic dunks on his ass at the garden, giving phil an aneyurism and Carmelo regretting his decision and knick fans going into rage-induced convulsions :roll:

Where I think he fits well is Phoenix. They need veteran help and a stretch 4 now that Frye is gone. While he doesn't stretch the floor out to 3, he's automatic from 17-20 feet, and he still can have effectiveness playing out of the post. Plus I think their incredible medical staff could gain him another 2-3 productive years if he sticks.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Boozer.gif

Naptastic

Liked Posts:

Was not expecting the video to have "HI-YA!!" Lol. Laughed so hard.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:

What was he thinking with that stuff? "Umm, Carlos... there's like black paint all over your head. You know we know that, right?" Wonder if he got ripped for it in the locker room.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You know Jerry was okay with the amnesty, once he did the math, and realized the Bulls didn't have to staff so many workers for the sole purpose of guarding Boozer from gym bags.

Liked Posts:
I will only say this once because I've said it ad nauseam over the years. EVERYONE KNEW BOOZER'S DEFENSE WAS BAD WHEN HE SIGNED HERE!

Ok, aside from that OBVIOUS FACT, Boozer still produced 15.6ppg 9rpg on 49% shooting from the field in 30mpg for his Bulls career. Those are good numbers. You're not going to find a ton of PF's putting up those #'s in those minutes. He was a reliable scorer when the Bulls went to him early, something Thibs would not do with regularity.

As for the Bulls looking better with Taj out there, well they did, ON DEFENSE. On offense, they were atrociously bad. It wasn't until Taj started scoring this past year that it was clear they could afford to give up Boozer's scoring. Up until that point though, there was no more consistent an offensive threat on the Bulls, not named Rose, other than Boozer.

This is all kinds of wrong. Offensively, Boozer scored more but there were things Taj was better at at the offensive end. For example, taj can finish at the basket much better than Boozer. So it's not like the offense always functioned better with Boozer. But the defense wuss always better with Taj.

Also, I saw you apologizing for him taking less money to play with the Bulls because he wanted to play on a winner. That's great. It's kind of odd though how he wants to play on a winning team but refuses to make winning plays like being responsible on defense. These were effort plays. Maybe he saw the Bulls as a good team for him because he thought if everyone else us responsible/capable, he wouldn't have to be.

And sorry but when your repeated gaffes are from a lack of effort, you're not a good teammate. You're a buddy f*cker when you do that. The guy was a paper tiger. If it didn't impact his stat line, don't count on him for anything. And his stats weren't good enough for him to be that kind of a player.