Boozer amnestied

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Goodbye CBooz....

Hello Pau

rob-riggle-pow.gif

Colossus

Liked Posts:
One major thing I hated about Boozer was his offensive inefficiency in the playoffs. Granted Thibs barely designed plays for him if any at all and he was given fewer minutes but the postseason is where it mattered most and he failed to provide the Bulls what he was brought in to do. Barring a few games, Boozer never had the ability to create his own shot opportunities and never had any moves. Whenever I reflect upon Boozer's game I always think of his stupid fadeaway shots with that form of his. I thought that when we got him, he was going to bring in a tough, physical down low boost but that didn't happen. He was a disappoint. I think he heavily benefited in Utah playing under Sloan and playing with Deron who has great vision and is a legit passing point guard unlike the scoring point guard in Rose. He simply didn't play up to his contract and that's why I believe a lot people dislike him. Although, if you look at his stats he was an above average player for us at the 4 position. But it's good we finally got rid of him because he lacked on defensive capabilities which is how Thibs coaches. But bringing a guy in like Gasol isn't really going to benefit us on defensive side either. He's pretty much going to get the same numbers offensively as Boozer give or take with more post up moves. I feel like they brought him to teach Mirotic.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
One major thing I hated about Boozer was his offensive inefficiency in the playoffs. Granted Thibs barely designed plays for him if any at all and he was given fewer minutes but the postseason is where it mattered most and he failed to provide the Bulls what he was brought in to do. Barring a few games, Boozer never had the ability to create his own shot opportunities and never had any moves. Whenever I reflect upon Boozer's game I always think of his stupid fadeaway shots with that form of his. I thought that when we got him, he was going to bring in a tough, physical down low boost but that didn't happen. He was a disappoint. I think he heavily benefited in Utah playing under Sloan and playing with Deron who has great vision and is a legit passing point guard unlike the scoring point guard in Rose. He simply didn't play up to his contract and that's why I believe a lot people dislike him. Although, if you look at his stats he was an above average player for us at the 4 position. But it's good we finally got rid of him because he lacked on defensive capabilities which is how Thibs coaches. But bringing a guy in like Gasol isn't really going to benefit us on defensive side either. He's pretty much going to get the same numbers offensively as Boozer give or take with more post up moves.
I don't agree with it all, but good post.

I feel like they brought him to teach Mirotic.
Good point.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
This is all kinds of wrong. Offensively, Boozer scored more but there were things Taj was better at at the offensive end. For example, taj can finish at the basket much better than Boozer. So it's not like the offense always functioned better with Boozer. But the defense wuss always better with Taj.

Also, I saw you apologizing for him taking less money to play with the Bulls because he wanted to play on a winner. That's great. It's kind of odd though how he wants to play on a winning team but refuses to make winning plays like being responsible on defense. These were effort plays. Maybe he saw the Bulls as a good team for him because he thought if everyone else us responsible/capable, he wouldn't have to be.

And sorry but when your repeated gaffes are from a lack of effort, you're not a good teammate. You're a buddy f*cker when you do that. The guy was a paper tiger. If it didn't impact his stat line, don't count on him for anything. And his stats weren't good enough for him to be that kind of a player.

Two corrections. gThe Bulls were a .500 team when Boozer joined them. It wasn't like the Bulls were world-beaters the year before. The Bulls took a quantum leap once Boozer joined the lineup. Even Bulls management say as much. The fact that Boozer took less money shows you we paid market rate. Boozer also was perennially among the lead leaders in field goal percentage. Taj was nowhere near the player he is now the year Boozer joined. Otherwise, we would not have felt compellled to bring in Bppzer in the first place. Lastly, I can make a strong argument Bpo ozer helped Taj grow offensively. Fact is, Thibs did everything he could to faze out Boozer in favor of Taj last year. Don't confuse dunking with being a better finisher. Hell, Tyrus Thomas is a better finisher than Kevin Love if that is the case.