CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any of you guys going to be playing?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish I could. Game looks awesome. Here's Achievement Hunter's Let's Play in it from yesterday.

[video=youtube;LO_Gz6bgU9A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO_Gz6bgU9A[/video]

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ima ignore this game until it is released cause spoilers, but I am real excited for it. I will probably buy a PS4 to play. Hopefully it will support mouse and keyboard. Fuck controller shooters.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Isn't it coming to PC, too?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Snagged a code off Reddit for PS3. Codes are all over the PS3 and PS4 subreddits if you're quick enough to get one.

Dan0mite

Liked Posts:
Played for a few hours last and thought it was pretty good. It may just be because it's the beta and I'm not very far along (level 3), but I'm worried it may get repetitive. Go in and fights some guys, get to the boss, fight him and repeat. I wanna get to level five to unlock the pvp multiplayer and see how that is.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
It has been taken offline for today and tomorrow for maintenance. It'll be back up on the 23rd.

Dan0mite

Liked Posts:
I have one extra ps3 beta codes if anyone would like one.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maintenance is done early and the beta is now live again!

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Completed the story missions that are available. Thoughts on that:
- It's a blast doing things solo, but you'll have more fun with a fireteam or one or two random people to play with. Downside for people who use mics- you can't communicate with people outside of your fireteam.
- The enemies respawn in previously cleared areas rather quickly. Now this is probably because there are other players in the game with you and it wouldn't be fair if someone cleared out all the enemies, but it gets old back tracking in an area only to run into the same group of enemies again.
- Boss fights are so tedious. In one of the last story missions the objective was to defeat one of the giant orb things. Luckily me and another player helped each other out throughout the mission. The walker boss fight took about 15 minutes with just the two of us. The orb boss fight took just as much. Very time consuming but you get such a sense of accomplishment afterwards.
- Love the little MMO aspects of the game. The main world hub where you can interact with other players is cool. And stopping by to see what all the merchants have for sale makes you want to keep going back.
- The special power for your class is so awesome to use. Got to conserve it for when you're being over run though. Don't waste it.

The multiplayer:
- I must just suck at it because I found it very hard. Granted once I quit for the night I realized I forgot to change out my assault rifle for a much stronger one in my inventory.
-Sniping is damn near impossible unless the enemy is standing still or running at you. If they're running side to side or jumping you might as well not fire.
-Your heavy weapon will be your savior but ammo isn't available for it all the time.
- Vehicles are a pain in the ass some times.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm two rounds into the multiplayer. Mixed feelings so far

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I'm just used to playing war time shooters where it takes a short amount of time and a few bullets to kill an enemy. It seems like it takes a while for you to kill an enemy with a gun in the multiplayer. It'll just take time for me to get used to I think.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
First round i played, i killed some guys real quick. Felt like hardcore mode on COD. After a while it felt damn near impossible to kill people. Its a bit frustrating. IDK, feels like no games does it for me the way the MW1 and 2 did. BF4 was the first game in a long time i could really get into. I gotta play Destiny more but im not sure if this is gonna last for me.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is the game set up with multiplayer hubs and then the mission areas are instanced? Or are the mission areas global too?

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
Plays a lot like halo tbh.

Its free for xbx gold member's

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems weird you guys are rating a game in beta. I don't think thats really the point.

Also, online games tend to change a lot in the first month or two.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I for one loved it. Halo aspect is not surprising, its Bungie. On that note, its a much improved Halo set up as an MMO. Rather than a single campaign, which most of us blow through and then jump on multi-player on an endless loop until a new game comes out, we will be able to enjoy different types of game play, both while we are leveling and gaining EXP, but also end game stuff when we reach the level cap. One of these aspects i am super excited about will be the loot system. I have played WOW and FFXIV. One of the funnest things to do is go out and find gear like rare weapons or armor.

From everything im reading there is going to be a ton of content with no monthly fee or pay walls as you would usually see with an MMO. Planet of Mars is said to have more content then all of HALO reach combined. I most certainly think with what I have seen and heard so far this is going to be the next best thing, at least for consoles (dont do much PC gaming. My PC sucks). Did i mention it was graphically stunning?

I was fortunate enough to be on the BETA when they unlocked the moon for a while. The Earth rotates along with shooting stars and satellites passing by.

Watching the sunrise from the tower