OT: Cavs now willing to offer Wiggins in Love talks?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
See this is where I would tell Cleveland to pound sand. Why help them put together another Big 3 roster? I would need to bend Cleveland over a barrel without lube to participate in any trade talks.

It's most likely going to be a team from the West. Phoenix or Portland could send along some smaller pieces in order to land a draft pick.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
He's said it before that he'd be intrigued in signing long term if the opportunity to play in Cleveland presented himself.

Translation: Hey Flip, trade me to Cleveland. Golden State isn't willing to pony up Klay Thompson, so why not send me to Cleveland and get Wiggins/Waiters and whoever else you can snag.

Actually this is the convo that Lebron has probably had with Dan Gilbert already:

Lebron: Hey G, I know you took down the letter and all and I appreciate that man, but if you REALLY wanna make things up to me, go get me Kevin Love.
Dan: I'll do what I can Lebron but should we really give up our #1 pick for him?
Lebron: Did you see his name in the letter I wrote?
Dan: Well, No.
Lebron: Then there is no issue. Get me Kevin Love, G! Oh and I'm gonna need a private jet for my entourage too.

If I've learned anything watching Lebron since he was in HS, it's that "What Lebron wants, Lebron gets". And Lebron wants K Love.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess negotiations have to start somewhere but it's funny that Cleveland would try this trade without Wiggins or Golden State would try without Thompson. The T'wolves would literally be better off letting Love play 1 more season and walk and then overpaying their own hand picked free agents.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Actually this is the convo that Lebron has probably had with Dan Gilbert already:

Lebron: Hey G, I know you took down the letter and all and I appreciate that man, but if you REALLY wanna make things up to me, go get me Kevin Love.
Dan: I'll do what I can Lebron but should we really give up our #1 pick for him?
Lebron: Did you see his name in the letter I wrote?
Dan: Well, No.
Lebron: Then there is no issue. Get me Kevin Love, G! Oh and I'm gonna need a private jet for my entourage too.

If I've learned anything watching Lebron since he was in HS, it's that "What Lebron wants, Lebron gets". And Lebron wants K Love.

Yeah, I remembered saying that to my buddy while we were texting the day after LeBron made his announcement that he left out both Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins, which made me feel like they'd end up packaging both of them in an effort to land Kevin Love. Salaries still fall short, which is where that third team comes in.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
If Golden State adds Klay Thompson to their offer, I would take that deal over Cleveland's. This news came out to get other teams to step up. Even though the media wants Love in Cleveland.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If Golden State adds Klay Thompson to their offer, I would take that deal over Cleveland's. This news came out to get other teams to step up. Even though the media wants Love in Cleveland.

you would really take Thompson over Wiggins?

i know Klay has proved more but not enough for me to pass on the potential of Wiggins

DCguy

Liked Posts:
you would really take Thompson over Wiggins?

i know Klay has proved more but not enough for me to pass on the potential of Wiggins

Yes, He is a shooter and I know what he can do. I'm not a fan of going with "potential" because that is basically saying "I think he is gonna be good". I would reather go with what I know than the unknown.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
See this is where I would tell Cleveland to pound sand. Why help them put together another Big 3 roster? I would need to bend Cleveland over a barrel without lube to participate in any trade talks.
Agreed - why would anyone want to help them out like that? They should have to give up plenty for a player of Love's stature.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Go Golden State. The last thing anyone wants to see is LeBron being handed another Big 3 roster. Let him grow with that team and earn it if he's going to win another title.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
It surprises me that love would want this. Being friends with rose, I assumed they had the same attitude about Lebron. Rose clearly doesn't like him, so I always thought he must not be their type of guy. Wondering "intrigued" means no politely

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
If only our FO would have been creative enough to gather assets that were appealing to the T-Wolves.

Tanking would have "probably" given us a better player to add with Mirotic, Boozer's expiring, & future Sacramento 1st round picks.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
The national media (ESPN) has been pushing this Love to Cleveland idea. I first heard it from Mike Greenberg (Mike & Mike) as he was just speculating on a "what if" scenario involving Lebron back to Cleveland. Now, it's actually the top NBA story right now. Unreal.

It surprises me that love would want this. Being friends with rose, I assumed they had the same attitude about Lebron. Rose clearly doesn't like him, so I always thought he must not be their type of guy. Wondering "intrigued" means no politely
:yep: I really don't see Kevin Love having any interest as a second banana in Cleveland, Ohio.

If he went to LA, Chicago, or Golden State......he would be the centerpiece or on even footing with Rose/Curry/Kobe.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I actually cannot think of a better player other than Kevin Durant for Lebron to team with. They would fit so well together. Love doesn't need the ball in his hands to be an elite scorer, he stretches the floor for Lebron, he's the best rebounder in the NBA and is a great passer.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Nice food for thought ... I wondered this about Melo as well, since him and LJ are friends.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'm guessing it's a combination of Wiggins, Thompson, Waiters/Bennett, and a 1st.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think it would be hard for Minny to pass up Cleveland. A lot of young talent on that team. Minny wants Wiggins...and I don't blame them.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

How do you gauge that Rose doesn't like Lebron? Oh well...

The whole "we are friends so we have common enemies" thing is a bit immature. If Lebron never did anything disrespectful to Love...why would Love dislike Lebron? Love wants to win...if that is the case...Love will listen when Lebron talks.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
How do you gauge that Rose doesn't like Lebron? Oh well...

The whole "we are friends so we have common enemies" thing is a bit immature. If Lebron never did anything disrespectful to Love...why would Love dislike Lebron? Love wants to win...if that is the case...Love will listen when Lebron talks.

Man, I'm glad you are so mature that you can keep us all in line. Watch the video below, specifically when the starters for the East are introduced....and tell me ..... what player looks out of place. It doesn't take a mature genius to see that Rose is different then those guys.

[video=youtube;Zt0RJJTXkiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt0RJJTXkiY[/video]

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Rose is just not a very charismatic guy

Liked Posts:

Maybe Love has a mind of his own and isn't concerned with whether Rose dislikes LeBron for shoving him at recess?